Nintendo Switch

If it doesn't pertain to Adventures in Odyssey, you've stepped into the right place! Grab a chair, and talk about your favorite books, TV shows, join a debate, or just be random!
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Nintendo Switch

I think that Nintendo's next console will be a huge success. What do you think about the Nintendo Switch?
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I must say, I don't usually stay up to date with technology, though the Nintendo switch is neat looking and different from their previous consoles.
The fact you can switch out the control docks for different gaming experiences, handheld, racing, without...that is cool. 8)
Here's a link to a video.
http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/21/13361 ... -questions
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Autumnal
Chocolate Chip

I'm generally looking forward to it. I'm kind of torn on whether or not to get it on its initial release or wait a year or so since there might be a lot of updates to the system and a lot of reviews about it with a bunch of opinions will be around. And of course battery life. If it's anything like the Wii U GamePad (which lasts two hours at best), or even the normal sized 3DS, I'll be out. Nintendo's ridiculously cheap when it comes to battery life and it can get frustrating, especially when I'm in long car rides.

On the other hand, I like what I've seen from the Switch thus far, and I want to play Breath of the Wild on it really badly. Because portable gaming + LoZ = a happy Autumn.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I haven't owned a console in awhile but the release ad for the Switch really got me interested again. I've been going more mobile with my technology lately, I got a Microsoft Surface, and I really like the idea of a portable gaming system like the Switch. I would also be really interested in the multiplayer aspect. But like Autumnal said a lot would depend on the battery life, if I can't use it on the go then that defeats a lot of the purpose.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

If the price is reasonable and it has good battery life, I may give it a shot.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

It will come out in march :boohoo: Why, Nintendo, why :mad:
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

My brother and I are gonna buy the NX right when it comes out. I don't know if it'll be much more successful than the WiiU, but it does look pretty cool.

I have to say, I'm disappointed that they didn't use any VR technology. But... ya know.... I'm still buying the NX.... sooooooooo....

They really have advanced in VR technology, but idk if it'll turn into something like Wii Motion Plus. Everyone hates Wii Motion Plus.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

It is not going to have motion sensors.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I know. I was comparing VR technology to motion plus. Say I don't know if it'll be a flop like the motion plus was.
-Nicolas Cage
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Well, I'm interested in the Switch.

But the Black Friday 3DS deal is really tempting me, especially given the huge library of games it supports.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Yeah, my only console is a ...... Wii.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:Yeah, my only console is a ...... Wii.
I am SO sorry.

I really love the fact that the NS is a regular console, but can turned into a handheld.
-Nicolas Cage
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I'LL be getting it. Actually I also have a Xbox 360. I am the king of old consoles. EDIT: I now have a Xbox One.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Yes! Old consoles are the best. Shout out if you played a classic gameboy growing up!
-Nicolas Cage
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

3-6.5 hours battery life so okay.
Smile Awhile
Cookies & Creme

I preordered one from Wal-mart, and tried to get to the midnight release, but there was already a long line, so I got it closer to 1:00.
What do you want here? You can move along to the next post now; nothing fun here in my signature.