Episodes that gave you NIGHTMARES.

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

novacom saga. the whole thing. and i know it's not an episode, but still...
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

I listened to my girl Halle a couple months ago, and at night, I was definitely scared...didn't give me nightmares, though.
Girls just wanna have fun!
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

No episode has given me nightmares.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Hmm...The Black Veil and The Mysterious Stranger. When I was younger I couldn't listen to the latter of the two after a certain incident.
It seems to be quite a bit darker than any other mystery show the writer's have created. Frankly, listening to it recently I was give chills. The purely selfish and evil intentions of the villain are almost too human, if that makes sense.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

The Mysterious Stranger gave me nightmares when I was like 7! Lol!
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Kathy0 wrote:The Mysterious Stranger gave me nightmares when I was like 7! Lol!
From what I gather then, I'm not the only one who thinks it's a bit creepy. :D
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Reading through this thread again, I've gotta echo my first post- Blackbeard's treasure still creeps me out to even think about. It's funny that that episode didn't even start with a "Hey kids, if you're under the age of 9 you should go get your parents"

Another episode that I got some serious shivers from when I was younger was Castles and Cauldrons- which by no coincidence is another really old episode. Has anyone really been genuinely creeped out by any more current episodes? Even ones that were supposed to be somewhat scary (EX. Between the Lines - Album 60) I couldn't take very seriously. Maybe I'm just older now and can't get spooked as easily- or maybe Odyssey has gotten tamer and is (ironically) afraid to get that spooky again.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Aaron Wiley wrote:Reading through this thread again, I've gotta echo my first post- Blackbeard's treasure still creeps me out to even think about. It's funny that that episode didn't even start with a "Hey kids, if you're under the age of 9 you should go get your parents"

Another episode that I got some serious shivers from when I was younger was Castles and Cauldrons- which by no coincidence is another really old episode. Has anyone really been genuinely creeped out by any more current episodes? Even ones that were supposed to be somewhat scary (EX. Between the Lines - Album 60) I couldn't take very seriously. Maybe I'm just older now and can't get spooked as easily- or maybe Odyssey has gotten tamer and is (ironically) afraid to get that spooky again.
Oh yes...Blackbeard's Treasure...that one also confused me when I was younger. It did scare me a bit.

I've actually never listened to Castles and Cauldrons :( .

Between the Lines was worrisome, though I don't feel as if they took the psychic thing far enough to be a problem for most people. The events happened rather quickly, and it wasn't too obvious what the psychics were planning on.

Autumnal
Chocolate Chip

I never got nightmares from AIO but one episode that I remember listening to over and over with my sister was "Case of the Secret Room." It scared us both pretty badly, but I actually kind of liked the feeling of being scared (and hated it at the same time; I'm assuming it's something akin to people enjoying scary games/movies/etc.) so I kept replaying it. I was probably five or six at the time? Because it apparently left a pretty big impact on me, I still remember it really well and don't like listening to that episode now, even though it doesn't scare me anymore. XD
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Hm, yeah I don't know that AIO has ever given me a nightmare. Mostly because I didn't listen to it as a kid as much as I do now.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

GJFH wrote:
Kathy0 wrote:The Mysterious Stranger gave me nightmares when I was like 7! Lol!
From what I gather then, I'm not the only one who thinks it's a bit creepy. :D
Yeah! Some of them more than others!
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Well, I haven't gotten any nightmares since I watched the titanic... I don't really remember anything of AIO terrifying.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

'Blackgaard's Revenge' Haunted me for alllooooooong time. All of the Twilife Zones, But especially 'Two Roads' it was a two parter with Lyin' Tale, But it has such a good message. Four Corners freaked me out too. But I like being freaked out so it's all Good. :D
*Finger guns aggressively*
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:No episode has given me nightmares.
Me too. The Novacom saga still creeps me out.....but that is why I enjoy it so much. ;)
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Wooton's Broken Pencil Show.

PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I don't think any Odyssey episodes have given me nightmares. I know I've had dreams about characters and stuff...but no nightmares that I can remember. Though, I've made a habit of not listening to the twilife zone after dark...
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

The Mysterious Stranger is the only one I would not listen to because it scared me to death. The part where the guy says "Beware". There was a picture of me as a kid by the back patio door and I told mom that was me trying to escape the episode... I dont think it really was though, that's just the impression it gave, indelibly etched on my mind. I listened to it years later and did not of courses eerily me, but it was still scary. But nowadays I like scary.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI