Questions for Admins/Mods

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Ok I'll try it thanks!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

TigerShadow wrote:If my knowledge is correct, the maximum dimensions are 110 x 110 pixels.
They have been upgraded to 140x140. :D
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

How do I upload a gif?
What website should I use to transfer one from my files to the Soda Shop? Please help.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

GJFH wrote:How do I upload a gif?
What website should I use to transfer one from my files to the Soda Shop? Please help.
You must use a hosting site. Personally I like photobucket, but if you don't want to make an account, I suggest tinypic.com or imgur.com.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

It works! Thank you Belle :clap:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Didi
Cookies & Creme

What exactly is the ToO chat and how do you pronounce it anyway?
And also, why can't I post in the Basement?
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Didi wrote:What exactly is the ToO chat and how do you pronounce it anyway?
I'm not actually an admin but...
The ToO is an acronym for Town of Odyssey, another message board for Odyssians. It can be found here: http://thetoo.com
Also, it's been around much longer than the Soda Shop.

The basement is where they keep the outdated topics we have no need for. Most of the rusting topics are completed games, predictions for albums that already aired, and announcements made three years ago. The basement is basically like a walk through the Soda Shop museum, there isn't really a reason to add a topic to the collection unless we're done with it.
Hope that helped :)

Didi
Cookies & Creme

GJFH wrote:
I'm not actually an admin but...
The ToO is an acronym for Town of Odyssey, another message board for Odyssians. It can be found here: http://thetoo.com

The basement is where they keep the outdated topics we have no need for. Most of the rusting topics are completed games, predictions for albums that already aired, and announcements made three years ago. The basement is basically like a walk through the Soda Shop museum, there isn't really a reason to add a topic to the collection unless we're done with it.
Hope that helped :)
Oh alright, thanks!
K.R.E.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

That was very informative, GJFH.

As for the pronunciation, people of the ToO have debated about it for a while. Some people like myself spell it out like "the T-O-O," while other people actually say it as a word, "the too."
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I just say Too, like the number 2 =)
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

GJFH wrote:
The ToO chat is a irc chat for the members of the Town of Odyssey board. I believe it has played a central role in bringing the two boards together, which is why I placed a link to the chat on the board in a prominent place. :)
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Is there any chance we could see a temporary return of Adventures in Odyssey Hurt and Heal? I know the games tended to get spammy, but it would be fun for old time's sake.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I second the request.

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

T.S. (myself) wrote:Is there any chance we could see a temporary return of Adventures in Odyssey Hurt and Heal? I know the games tended to get spammy, but it would be fun for old time's sake.
I will ask Jacob.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Thanks, I appreciate it! :yes:
Didi
Cookies & Creme

What's a Loc Kno Stra Mal?
K.R.E.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Didi wrote:What's a Loc Kno Stra Mal?
Locally Known Strawberry Malt. And again, I'm not an admin, sorry.

Tarol
Peach Cobbler

The Community Courtyard is now finally all private? You can't access it without login?
xo eht haiasi-
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I'm not sure what you mean, I was just able to access it without logging in...
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

If you friend a person, does it show up in their UCP that you did, or is it a personal list? If someone friends me will they be added to my own friend list?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games