Jared!!

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.

should Jared come back

Yes!!
67%
No!!
7%
Mabey for a visit
26%

Total votes: 27

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

That is true, and I concede the point about Sarah's one-dimensionality—although I personally found that she established herself well enough when she was present in an episode. Honestly, though, I found Jared to be similar. He's got unique traits, but I can't really say that I find him at all well-rounded. He's memorable, if nothing else, but he doesn't really stick out in my mind as being very relatable. I don't mean that in a vicarious "latch yourself onto a character" sort of way; I mean that he didn't come across as very human to me once they got the conspiracy-theorist bit in there.

I found some of his better moments to be the ones in which he wasn't acting like the character we remember (i.e. "Strange Boy in a Strange Land" when he was upset that Mandy and Sarah didn't want to see him, or when he was confronting both Mandy and Liz about their fight). He's a good comic relief device, but that's all we remember him for rather than the moments when he acted like a real person. To be honest, I can see how the off-the-wall conspiracy theories could really irritate the characters more than amuse them after a while.

So Sarah is one-dimensional, but she still managed to root herself well into an episode, and she still felt like a real person. Jared, on the other hand, is rather overrated to me. (But I won't deny that Brandon Gilberstadt was a terrific child actor.)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Jared was one of my favorite characters...I struggle over whether he should come back or not.
On a similar note, I would like it if Jimmy Barclay came back to Odyssey, but I don't know if it would be possible for his character to work within the normal Odyssey world.
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Hmm Jared. Not bad not that great. I am not a particular fan of him.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Blitz wrote:Hmm Jared. Not bad not that great. I am not a particular fan of him.
yooooooo

A lot of people really like Jared because of how funny they think he is, but bringing Jared back just because the audience thinks he's funny strikes me as a really bad idea. Jared's humor is the kind of gimmicky humor that's best in small doses and when necessary.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

TigerShadow wrote:A lot of people really like Jared because of how funny they think he is, but bringing Jared back just because the audience thinks he's funny strikes me as a really bad idea. Jared's humor is the kind of gimmicky humor that's best in small doses and when necessary.
I completely agree with this. Jared's conspiracy theories and plotting get pretty tiresome after a while. In certain episodes, he's a good plot driver and source of humor, but like you said, that's better in small doses.

That carries over to other characters, too. For example, if Ms. Kramer was in every episode, we'd all grow to hate her.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

It's part of the hazard with Wooton, too, I think. The more people said they liked him, the more he was featured; the more he's been featured, the more people have begun to dislike him because of how egregious he can be.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Agreed. He's another example of a writer coming up with a creative, unique idea, and then people liking him enough that he was overused in a sometimes obnoxious way. Wooton is a great character, and can be hilarious at times, but his humor gets redundant quickly. In some of the newer episodes, he interrupts enough with "humorous" remarks that it completely distracts from the actual conversation.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Yup. Wooton should be used about one to two times an album but not as a main character. His character gets droll. I mean how much can you have with someone who only jokes? Especially since they changed his character. Another person like that I can't stand is Emily Jones. She would be a fine minor character.
Debate Vampire

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Sure, it'd be nice for Jared to come back for one episode, but I see very little point to it, unless he was involved in some big story arch like with Novacom. I prefer the approach that AIO took: bring Brandon Gilberstadt back for a completely different character. It may be satisfying to see old characters come back for no particular reason, but it's not really practical to devote an entire episode to it, unless of course, as I said, he's involved in a story that's already happening.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Didn't he get called in album 50 by Connie.
Debate Vampire

The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Yes, that was for The Triangled Web, I believe. Though it has been a while since I have heard it, and my memory of it is not the best, he was supposedly working at a laundromat after being kicked out of a NASA training program for damaging equipment.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

That was Lawrence. Jared is working as a junior analyst for the CIA.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Jared will be the main character in my fanfiction.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Didi
Cookies & Creme

As weird as Jared could be at times, I love his character. He should totally come back and give the new episodes some jazz. He cracks me up, especially in the episode "Something Cliqued Between Us", where he's Miss Friendship. They should bring Jared back.
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I really like Jared. He needs...has to come back!!!!!! I love him in Eggshells!!
Proud K.R.E Member
Didi
Cookies & Creme

Mickey wrote:I really like Jared. He needs...has to come back!!!!!! I love him in Eggshells!!
*stares at screen like fanatic* YES!!
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Remember Split Ends?
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Ah yes...I love that episode.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Yes because Jared is AWESOME!! If he doesn't come back, I may boycott Odyssey! Wait? What did I say!
Sorry I am rambling, I do that alot
Proud K.R.E Member