Who is the Best Secret Agent/Detective on the Show

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!

Who is the best secret agent/detective? 8-)

Robert Mitchell
20%
Jason Whittaker
47%
Harlow Doyle
7%
Officer Harley
7%
Don Polhouse
11%
Jones and Parker Detective Agency
9%

Total votes: 45

GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

That's an amazing story Old Judge, I'm currently going through pretty scary things myself and its comforting to know there is a support group of believers on here who would love to talk about it or keep me in their prayers.

Anyways...I love Harlow Doyle, he certainly is a treasure. Quite goofy and oblivious although I have to remember the show is geared towards all ages and if a detective could seriously and quickly solve cases it wouldn't be as half as enjoyable listening to.

And Jason of course, the secret agent side of him I wish we could see more, it definitely adds suspense and drama.

Also, congratulations on your 2000th post!
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Monty Whitaker. For one reason. He's the only secret agent. Jason retired in "Home Again".
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Who says "best detective" means "current detective"? ;)

I've always thought Jason was pretty cool, but I'd love to see some female secret agents—give me some Tashas or Maureens, but with more character development. Honestly, I think the best detective on this show is really Whit, but that's because I think he's a lot of fun to listen to when he's investigating something and the people around him are grumbling about how much of a pain in the neck this ice cream shop owner can be. ^_^

That's really cool, Old Judge! I'm glad you could find a community on here to help you through hard times. :) That's what's great about message boards like these—you can find other people you can reach out to and who will be there for you who you'd never have met otherwise. And congratulations on your 2000th post!
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Thank you all for your kind compliments. I feel honored to be a part of this community, and amazed that it has lasted so long. Four years ago, discussions were about how multiple AIO message boards cannot survive for extended periods of time because of the virtual monopoly that the ToO had on the market. Now, we have a topic discussing the decline of the ToO, while we continue to grow.

But to get back on topic once again, Whit is still technically a secret agent. Very few know about his past career with the NSA, and only one or two know that he is still called occasionally to corroborate on certain projects. I can't remember which one it was, but I think it was an episode of The Green Ring Conspiracy where Whit mentions that he stills has extremely high levels of government security clearance. That kind of stuff normally expires for people that would have been out of government service for thirty years.

A song that pays tribute to Motown and features the classic rock 'n' roll group The Temptations. (1991)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

My brother and I have often joked somewhat darkly that the reason why Whit and Jason still get away with the security clearance they have is that they know where all the bodies are buried...some of which because they helped put them there. ;) (Okay, maybe not Whit, but probably Jason; I get the impression that the whole "analyst" thing is his way of trying to mitigate just how deeply his history goes with the NSA.)
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I just noticed this topic. Somehow I think Mitch is much better than Jason. I mean isn't Jason the one always getting caught?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I have to agree Blitz, perhaps it's because Jason is more entertaining than Mitch is. *hides*
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Perhaps, or maybe because he's in more episodes... 91, compared to Mitch's measly 22...
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

That is also true, and he wasn't really a government agent for a while. Before then, he was a sweet albeit nerdy HR guy. If you eliminate him from the poll Jason's only competitors are two kids and three minor characters.

Helios
Butter Pecan

The answer is obvious: Whit. Why isn't he on the poll? :?
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Whit is the best... well sorta everything... And we didn't ever get to really see him when he /was/ an agent, did we?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Man, wouldn't that be an episode—Whit in his "consultant" days. I'd like to hear some stories about his work for the NSA. There's also a conflicted part of me—one half wants to finally find out what exactly Applesauce does, but the other wants it to remain one of those great mysteries that's better left unrevealed.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

:jason I need more Whit episodes.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Whit probably is the best agent.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset