The Last Sentence in Adventures in Odyssey

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Yeah. To put it bluntly, Shows change. Characters change. Deal with it.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Still, AIO isn't as good as it once was. The characters do have a lot to do with it. In an episode, it's just the characters and the storyline. If one isn't good, the episode normally isn't good. These new characters don't seem to have a place in Odyssey.

Just end AIO and start a new show, instead of disgracing AIO's legacy!
Last edited by Novatom on Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Still a subjective opinion. What characters do you feel don't fit?
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Sorry Novatom. Many listeners are still eager for more. What Mr. Whit said.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Mr. Whit's End wrote:Still a subjective opinion. What characters do you feel don't fit?
All of them. The presence of these strangers gives Odyssey a totally different feel to it, with hardly anything that we're familiar with, except Whit's End, which has changed so much as well. Odyssey just isn't Odyssey anymore. :cry:
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Again. Shows change.

Should Whit's End still be stuck in the 80s?
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Mr. Whit's End wrote:Again. Shows change.

Should Whit's End still be stuck in the 80s?
AIO started in about the 80's, right? I mean just at the time when it was at its prime. Of course it's impossible for those actors to be back. The kids playing the kids then are grown up, and our favorite adult characters dead. Still, I know I'm not the only one when I say that I prefer old AIO over the AIO being produced currently.

I am done talking because I know I'm basically just saying the same thing over and over. Maybe AIO shouldn't end, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if it ended is all I'm saying.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Still, that's a subjective opinion. To say that AIO should end because you liked it better in the 80s shows that you're (maybe) afraid of change. If you like 80s AIO better, sure, whatever, but don't say that the show should end because of your personal and subjective preferences, and your aversion to change.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Novatom wrote:Maybe AIO shouldn't end, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if it ended is all I'm saying.
And by the way, what's so wrong with a subjective opinion?
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I prefer AIO in the 90's and 2000's anyway.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Novatom wrote:
Novatom wrote:Maybe AIO shouldn't end, but I wouldn't be too disappointed if it ended is all I'm saying.
And by the way, what's so wrong with a subjective opinion?
Stating a subjective opinion as fact, especially one that's (in my opinion) not substantiated by facts at all, or substantiated by more subjective opinions reduces your credibility. Nothing wrong with opinions.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Blitz wrote:I prefer AIO in the 90's and 2000's anyway.
Me too. Around 2005 was probably their prime.
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Novatom wrote:
Blitz wrote:I prefer AIO in the 90's and 2000's anyway.
Me too. Around 2005 was probably their prime.
yeah my favorite era is mostly all throughout when Paul Herlinger was Whit. but the early 2000's was the best. :)

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

yeah my favorite era is mostly all throughout when Paul Herlinger was Whit :)
^^Same here
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

My favourite Odyssey is also old Odyssey and that is a subjective opinion but it is held by a lot of people which makes it significant. However really only numbers would tell of is Odyssey is unpopular enough no to end. How many people still listen? How many people used to listen?

-- Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:29 am --

To bring it back to the question of the thread I think ending it on "The best is yet to come" leaves listeners with hope for more episodes and I also don't think the world has to end for AIO to end. I think that we should be able to imagine more adventures for them privately. I think it would be good if Whit narrated a memory for the last episode and then simply said "The End" but in that emotion filled significant Whit way.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Odyssey was at its prime in spring 2011.

-- Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:43 am --

AKA The Green Ring Conspiracy.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:Odyssey was at its prime in spring 2011.

-- Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:43 am --

AKA The Green Ring Conspiracy.
Eh, that's debatable. :lol:
I really did like that collection, still do, yet...personal preference, you see.
I think it's safe to assume you really enjoy hearing episodes where the tension is high and the characters are more hyperactive. Those are important for the show in it's entirety, although if every episode featured a mystery we might need to use the word repetitive. :P

I love albums 30-50 the best, where there was a lot of variety. Like quite a few people in this topic, I would find it endearing to hear Whit end the show by saying; "The best is yet to come." :boohoo:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

How about "Mom, I'm pregnant." \:D/
xo eht haiasi-
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Who- would say that?
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Probably Whit. They've made enough jokes about it. \:D/
xo eht haiasi-