Where did Jason and Jeff go?

Do you think Matthew is a great character? Absolutely hate Emily? This is the place to discuss AIO characters, from the old to the new!
ejmade
Caramel Crunch

Where did Jason and Jeff go?

Anyone wondering where Jeff went after A Call to Something More? Are we going to hear from him in the next album?

and what about Jason? In Taking the Plunge all we heard is that he had a booth at the Lets Get Together Festival... Will he have his own plot later?
There's been an awakening. Have you felt it? the Dark side... and the Light
kittymeow28
Strawberry

I hope Jason and Connie get married! They're perfect!
About Around Noon.., Yesterday... YEET! *Bottle Crashes*
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

They went into the mysterious void of forgotten characters.

I never expected Jeff to hang around long, and I'm okay with him not being an active character. But I am surprised that Jason hasn't been in any episodes recently. I guess they just can't fit him into any story lines. I can be okay with that, because I would hate for them to force him into any story lines where he didn't belong. Though you'd think they could make a few episodes for him, maybe with his new antique shop. He's such an interesting character that it's a shame we've pretty much lost him. I'm sure he'll come back eventually though. He's on his way to the Mysterious Void of Forgotten Characters, but not at all close to being in the Void.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

kittymeow28 wrote:I hope Jason and Connie get married! They're perfect!
ME TOO!!!
Novatom wrote:They went into the mysterious void of forgotten characters.

I never expected Jeff to hang around long, and I'm okay with him not being an active character. But I am surprised that Jason hasn't been in any episodes recently. I guess they just can't fit him into any story lines. I can be okay with that, because I would hate for them to force him into any story lines where he didn't belong. Though you'd think they could make a few episodes for him, maybe with his new antique shop. He's such an interesting character that it's a shame we've pretty much lost him. I'm sure he'll come back eventually though. He's on his way to the Mysterious Void of Forgotten Characters, but not at all close to being in the Void.
I was just thinking that. I mean, about Jason. I wasn't super excited about Jeff for above mentioned reason. I really hope he comes back! I mean, he's Whit's son. And I agree, he's interesting, we need to know what happened and he must come back! I don't want to lose him!
He's one of my favorite characters. :jason

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I'm fond of Jason, not as much as the fangirls who have a Jason tattoo covering their entire back but I do like him. He's well written plus it's just nice hearing Townsend's distinctive voice. So it is irksome he hasn't really had a big role since he came back. I would add he has been somewhere in pretty much every album that's come out since he came so he hasn't really been absent.

Plus, he did recently have an active role in Between the Lines, that was exciting. I can't think of anything else recently he's had a big role in though. The last big podcast Q&A with Dave Arnold did address exactly this and confirmed there are some story-lines ahead for Jason.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Well, he was in Between the Lines, that was the last episode of AIO so it's not like he's completely disappeared. To me it seemed like he had a substantial role and I was so excited--but that seems like a long time ago. I completely forgot about it. And when I searched for "jason whittaker" episodes on OAC those episodes didn't come up. Hm.
Plus he was in an Adventure Club 2015 episode. He's had long hiatuses like between GRC and The Deep End.
So I guess it really hasn't been all that long.
Pound Foolish wrote:I'm fond of Jason, not as much as the fangirls who have a Jason tattoo covering their entire back but I do like him.
Maybe because you're a boy not a girl. hehe. I don't have a tattoo....but that does give me an idea...if I ever did get a tattoo it'd have JASON on it!! HAHA.
Well, I really doubt I'll get one. Or that it'll be Jason. I'll fangirl in other ways, for now at least. :)
It does seem to be the girls that like Jason more than the guys...Some guys like him but then others really don't. I don't remember encountering a girl that didn't like him. You'd think guys would like him because he's cool and adventurous. I mean, that's why I like him. And in my imagination he's quiiiite good looking. It'd be nice if there were more guys like him....Anyway.
Pound Foolish wrote:He's well written plus it's just nice hearing Townsend's distinctive voice. So it is irksome he hasn't really had a big role since he came back. I would add he has been somewhere in pretty much every album that's come out since he came so he hasn't really been absent.
Plus, he did recently have an active role in Between the Lines, that was exciting. I can't think of anything else recently he's had a big role in though.
that's true. By big role I suppose you mean focused on him rather than him being one of the cast of characters. I'd like that but I'll take what I can get. ;)
Pound Foolish wrote:The last big podcast Q&A with Dave Arnold did address exactly this and confirmed there are some story-lines ahead for Jason.
oh, yay!!!

The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Ameraka wrote:And in my imagination he's quiiiite good looking.
Understandably so. Jason is the James Bond persona for Adventures in Odyssey, and typically action characters like that are not portrayed in a dramatic medium as being homely like myself. He is rather headstrong, which can be a turnoff to some women, but the fact that he has managed to attract women from all along the spectrum would reveal to me that there is something constant there that most females find desirable. That would be looks.

Something that just popped into my head while I was reading this conversation is that Jason probably got his looks from his father. From bits and pieces that we have heard through the years, it would appear that Whit has done quite well with the ladies himself in his younger years.

Number twelve on the year-end Billboard Top 100 for its year. Also, this song makes a cameo appearance in the Dollywood show Dreamland Drive-in. (1969)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Hcube7
Vanilla

Yes, where did Jeff go? For a second there I though he was going to propose to Connie or something! In the Club House Magazine that comes with a subscription to the OAClub, Connie finds mysterious flowers on her doorstep, unsigned. The mystery is carried on through about 3 magazines, but it just fades away.... Mysterious :P
~Hanna :D
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Hcube7 wrote:Yes, where did Jeff go? For a second there I though he was going to propose to Connie or something! In the Club House Magazine that comes with a subscription to the OAClub, Connie finds mysterious flowers on her doorstep, unsigned. The mystery is carried on through about 3 magazines, but it just fades away.... Mysterious :P
Candid Conversations with Connie seems to have disappeared. I wonder why.

Tarol
Peach Cobbler

It was just in Album 59....
xo eht haiasi-
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Ameraka's talking about the column in Clubhouse; there used to be a section every month written by Connie called "Candid Conversations With Connie", sort of like the Jones & Parker mysteries or Alex's blog.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love