Odyssey spin-offs

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Odyssey spin-offs

Do you guys think there will be any more "Odyssey" shows
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Honestly, I hope there will be. As much as I'm pained to address this, Adventures in Odyssy can't continue forever. :boohoo:
I have several ideas for a spin-off, actually I should rephrase that. I have one brilliant idea.

A grown up Jared DeWhite steps out from Government Protection and settles down in a the suburbs of Brooklyn New York, at an attempt to rebuild a relationship with his younger brother and his wife. (Trent and Mandy) :inlove: As he begins to create a career for himself, he runs into a few familiar faces and encounters a woman who's passion for freedom matches his own. It isn't long when he realises the immense difference between his life and Trent's and that his own choices impact others as well as him.

The spin-off would follow Jared, the married DeWhites and their children, Sarah and Cal Jordan, Alessandra Richards, and the kindly old woman with an unexpected secret. Yes, I need people's opinions on this.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

o_0 *shrieks* I LOVE that idea. :mrgreen: It's... genius.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Miss Friendship wrote:o_0 *shrieks* I LOVE that idea. :mrgreen: It's... genius.
Aww thank you. It might be a while before I begin writing this...suggestions are needed, and I don't have a name.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Tiger's New BFFL wrote:Honestly, I hope there will be. As much as I'm pained to address this, Adventures in Odyssy can't continue forever. :boohoo:
I have several ideas for a spin-off, actually I should rephrase that. I have one brilliant idea.

A grown up Jared DeWhite steps out from Government Protection and settles down in a the suburbs of Brooklyn New York, at an attempt to rebuild a relationship with his younger brother and his wife. (Trent and Mandy) :inlove: As he begins to create a career for himself, he runs into a few familiar faces and encounters a woman who's passion for freedom matches his own. It isn't long when he realises the immense difference between his life and Trent's and that his own choices impact others as well as him.

The spin-off would follow Jared, the married DeWhites and their children, Sarah and Cal Jordan, Alessandra Richards, and the kindly old woman with an unexpected secret. Yes, I need people's opinions on this.
You're my hero :mad:

Why Brooklyn, though? It's not a bad choice on its own; I'm just curious as to that specific choice. Personally, I always thought of Trent and Mandy living in Houston, Texas, because that's where the Johnson Space Center is and I've always headcanoned that Trent becomes an aerospace engineer. (I just want my son to achieve his dreams okay)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

You're sweet but I have to claim Trent as mine. :noway:
I think they would rather live in Houston, knowing Trent's interests. I only chose Brooklyn because it represents the intrigue and mystery of Jared's past, and fits my original character well, dumb reasons I admit. I believe Houston is where Jack and Lucy disappeared to anyways.
In the spin-ocf off, Lucy could be a journalist and it'd be interesting if they had a daughter who was more rebellious, in contrast to Lucy's gentle personality.
Thoughts?

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

listen...listen...you, Smaug, and I can become like...an unholy triumvirate of parents/aunts to this precious sunshine child we can make this work

(augh, you weren't here when Smaug was! she's my toO trandy-shipping bestie and we've created glorious headcanons together. come and be assimilated)

In all seriousness, I feel like NYC could be a good setting—given Mandy's interests in acting and writing, there's the possibility of her working on Broadway in some capacity. Of course, if you need a big city, there's also the option of Orlando, Florida; the Kennedy Space Center in Cape Canaveral is around half an hour away. What kind of jobs would Trent and Jared have? What's the draw to Brooklyn, exactly?

Lucy and Jack having a rebellious daughter would be interesting; you'd have to make it work, though, to keep the situation from coming off as too reminiscent to Jules. It would be cool to see her having a stronger relationship with Jack, who was a bit of a mischief-maker himself and who would therefore understand where his daughter is coming from. He pulls double-duty—counseling his daughter to keep her from going too far and counseling his wife to keep her from going gray at age 40. :P
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

TigerShadow, I imagine Trent's occupation would definitely have something to do with with mechanical engineering, perhaps designing spacecraft. It'd be 9-5 job though. Jared, on the on the other hand might go unsuccessfuly with a desk job or two before eventually working as a P.E teacher. I like the end of having a radio drama in a large, populous city though focusing on only a few characters and their struggles. Strangely enough, Jared could get into writing dystopian novels with Brooklyn as inspiration. :lol:

I understand what you're saying about their daughter. People do sometimes think of writing stereotypicall rebellious teens, yet there is always a reason for sinfulness. Even if it's pride or selfishness. Jules Kendall was the expected cynical and depressed daughter of a wealthy man who wrestled with his commitments. The daughter of the Davis' might act out because she finds it hard to live up to her mother's potentiall and feels smothered. This would provide conflict for the couple who were considering adoption. Their second child, a boy, follows after his sister's bad habits and they wonder if they're failing at parenting. At the same time, the daughter enjoys spending time with Jack.
I think it'd be neat if Mandie was a script writer. What do you think?

Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I love your idea GJFH It would be a great great great idea!!
Proud K.R.E Member
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Thank you Mickey.