Album 59: Taking the Plunge Discussion

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

If I recall correctly, a character in Album 59 mentioned that Jay had left, but I don't really feel like going through all the episodes again to find that out.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

TigerShadow wrote:If I recall correctly, a character in Album 59 mentioned that Jay had left, but I don't really feel like going through all the episodes again to find that out.
Sounds right to me, I think Matthew and Emily discuss it.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

I just remember a scene in my head where Jay is talking to Harlow Doyle about how they dressed him up in goofy clothes and set him in the midst of tons of other people in the same clothes and had one line. (His part as a zombie). And then told Harlow they didn't say anything about going to Hollywood. I don't know, I just remembered it.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

That's from the Ties that Bind, MnM. In Taking the Plunge, someone does briefly mention Jay is gone, and it may even mention to Hollywood.
xo eht haiasi-
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Ahhh! Okay, I don't remember that. Do you remember which on it is in?
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Okay, so I took the time to finally find the quote, so this could be proven. In Taking the Plunge, Dinner Roll Models, at 3:10-3:26 is the quote about Jay moving to Hollywood. I'll transcribe it for everyone:
Dinner Roll Models wrote:Eva Parker: "Where is Jay?"
Matthew Parker: "I heard he went to Hollywood to be a Zombie in that TV series."
David Parker: "You're kidding!"
Matthew Parker: "He got a "call-back", that's how they say it in the biz."
David and Eva Parker: "Huh."
Matthew Parker: "His Mom went with him, while his Dad stayed here. I guess he'll come back when the show is cancelled."
Eva Parker: "Unless he becomes a big star."
David Parker: "Wow! Stranger things have happened."
Eva Parker: "Mhhm."
Hope that answers everyone's questions. :)
Last edited by TigerShadow on Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Double post fixed - Tiger
xo eht haiasi-
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Oh! Thank you for taking the time to find it Isaiah the Ox! I greatly appreciate it! Now I remember that scene.
Mara
Pistachio

If I'm remembering correctly, Paul McCusker said that Whit Hertford, the voice of Jay, moved out of the country and they weren't sure if he was going to be able to continue with AIO or not.
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

I did not know that. I hope that it's not true. :mad:

At least we still have September's OAC ep with Jay getting a crush.
ejmade
Caramel Crunch

Did anyone else feel like this album was dragged out? Like all of Penny's second guessing herself? In the end I understood what she was doing (testing Wooton), but I felt like it didnt need to be 6 episode long. And where is Jeff? It seems weird that they would bring him back in the Call to Something More and then just not be heard from...
There's been an awakening. Have you felt it? the Dark side... and the Light
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

A little bit, yes. But I feel like it was kind of needed, since marriage is a pretty big commitment. Also, Jeff has been in a couple of the OAC missions episodes.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

talking about Buck again, in Out of the Woods, I think they did stuff right because Buck learned a lesson. It sounded like they wanted to get rid of Vance for a while, and this was the best way to do it. You can tell he's sorry for what he did because of his conversation with Eugene at the end. He was also punished for his actions as said in Let's Get Together and The Case of the Ball Cap Hero. (Gosh that's a long title.)
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse