What could have been?

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

What could have been?

Last we heard, Grady's dad had just came back... And Kelly ha just became a Christian.

I mean, Com'on! This cannot be all we get! There were so many story lines they could have used for this. Grady and his family would/could/should have some problems adjusting... As would Kelly to her new beliefs!
And what about Mandy, and Trent? And other families... *sigh*

What do you guys think... Could have been?
Jason
Cookies & Creme

I think the way they handled was ok. While I would have liked to see more of the McKays, and Kelly, it would have been challenging for them to approach it in a way they hadn't already done before; with the Straussbergs, and Connie/Eugene/Aubrey respectively.

Yes it may have been a challenge, but not completely impossible. I believe that characters are like people in the since that we each have our own separate stories but some are very similar to another. Which is how I look at Odyssey episodes that have similar qualities. In the case of Kelly they could have had her and Grady attend a new Christian class run by Wooton and/or Whit. Kelly was a real interesting character with her past. It would have been interesting to see them touch on doubt of her salvation with her past and all. I don't think Focus would address the "Once saved always saved" controversy, but it still would have been interesting to see them bring out Kelly's struggles.

I honestly would have loved for them to do something more with the McKay Family. For the most part it feels like they, (like the Straussbergs) ended with a happy ending. They almost could have used Grady's Dad in the GRC and had him be the old acquaintance of Derk Beggs instead of Wally Haggler. This would have changed the story a bit though. Another thought would have been for Mr. McKay to have a struggle getting a local job and asking the family to move with him. This would reawaken the question of whether Mrs.McKay trusts him again or not.
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

Yeah, I would have liked to hear a little more from the McKays, and I think Kelly left Odyssey too suddenly.

I'm mad Everett and Leonard left abruptly too. Eugene just found out he had family, and then they left. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Oh well. I guess we just have our imaginations to console us.