What will become of Dale Jacobs?

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

What will become of Dale Jacobs?

According to Paul McCusker, (who is a very reliable source when it comes to AIO) Dale Jacobs will be featured in future episodes. But what these episodes are about and how he will be featured in them we don't know. This is the spot to talk about Dale Jacobs: His character, his return in the Labyrinth, and his future.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
EPPD
Strawberry

I think that we might hear from him again but i don't think he will be on as much he used to be.
I Love Adventures in Odyssey!
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Yeah, if Paul says so, it's probably happening. He's the "head" of the writing team right now. I'm not sure how Phil (Lollar) feels about it though.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I think it would be cool if he returned and worked for the Odyssey times again.
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

HannahJ. wrote:I think it would be cool if he returned and worked for the Odyssey times again.
I expect him to return for a visit, but he probably isn't going to move permantly back.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

C-guy wrote:
HannahJ. wrote:I think it would be cool if he returned and worked for the Odyssey times again.
I expect him to return for a visit, but he probably isn't going to move permantly back.
I agree!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

News flash! The episode where Dale Jacobs is returning again is called The Lost Riddle and has Matthew and Emily as well! I'm actually quite excited for this one, especially if it has Dale!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Dale is in this episode, and he is working at the Odyssey Times, so I think that he will be back more often, but since he wasn't one of my favorite characters, I don't really care if he does come back or not.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I have to say I'm pretty much with you, Godsgirl. I'm fairly excited, but not like I would be if Donna, Liz, or Monica, or Jared came back.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

You guys don't like Dale? C'mon! Wasn't he great in The Labyrinth? And in You Gotta Be Wise/ And In Good Business? Come on, what's not to like? He's the classic newspaperman!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I didn't say I there's a thing I DON'T like about him, MR. Thinker. I do! If you haven't noticed, I like almost every single AIO character out there. But he never made me really, really like him. He never did anything that made me sit up and notice him. He never stood that much out from the crowd. He never made me think very deeply or admire him very profoundly, or laugh very hard. He definitely moved me in You Gotta be Wise. But not much more than a lot of others. Believe me, I'm delighted he's back... I'm just saying I won't be going all that crazy over it. To me, he's just a little bit above average. A bit more memorable than, say, Mr. Parker, but not that high above the "okay but not great" realm.
A true character is a character who really grabs you. Who makes you want to cry. Or makes you really smile. Or think deeply.
So, there wasn't much to miss when he was gone. So, I'm only a bit excited now he's back.
Perhaps I'll find he's better in 56. That and many things shall be tested, then.
Who knows? Maybe he'll learn how to stand out.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I agree with Pound Foolish, to me, Dale is just an average character, That doesn't mean I don't like him or don't want him back, he just doesn't stand out to me.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Hmm... I just really enjoy him I guess. I don't really have a reason to, I just do.
Kaida
Fudge Marble

I really liked him in the episode A Test For Robyn
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Hmm... For me, A Test For Robyn was a little mediocre. It wasn't that great. I wouldn't even go as far as to say it was okay. The whole thing seemed quite familiar, and Dale didn't do an especially great job like he normally does.
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

I enjoyed hearing from him again in The Lost Riddle. I wonder how much he'll be in 57.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

So do I, Aaron! I can't wait to hear The Lost Riddle, if AIO can get it up on iTunes...
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

It's a awesome episode, Mr. Thinker. I've never really 'missed' Dale Jacobs in the past, but I must say- I'm really enjoying hearing from him again!
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I really think it's awesome that Dale is back! Phil does such a good job. I might want to meet the character Dale. And Phil. :lol:
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

suzylou wrote:I've never really 'missed' Dale Jacobs in the past, but I must say- I'm really enjoying hearing from him again!
Exactly how I feel!
^^ Props to Belle ^^