It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Album 62: Let's Put on a Show!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:38 pm 
Cookies & Creme

Hello Everyone!

I was just wondering if you guys knew that the cover and title for Album 62 has been released!

ETA by Belle to reflect the correct title.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Album 62: Let's Get Together!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:23 pm 
Peach Cobbler

REALLY?!!! Where? I would love to see it!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:38 pm 
Mocha Jamocha

They have, although it's actually titled "Let's Put On A Show". Here's a link to the Odyssey Scoop blog entry: http://odysseyscoop.com/blog/2016/06/23 ... on-a-show/

road work ahead? uh, yeah, i sure hope it does

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:13 pm 
Mint Chocolate Chip

The phrase "Let's Get Together" makes me think of the original 1961 The Parent Trap. Though if Focus were to go that route, Hayley Mills would have to do a cameo role in one of the episodes. :clap:

One of the saddest times of my childhood was watching the television when Bo and Luke Duke drove the General Lee until it broke. The horn broke, too. You could say that "Dixie" was down that night. (1971)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:44 pm 
Raspberry Ripple

I think that Let's Get Together would be more of a reference to the Let's Get Together festival. As TigerShadow already said, the name of the album is actually called Let's Put on a Show.

17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Album 62: Let's Put on a Show!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:30 am 
Raspberry Ripple

Location: Probably in the green room... and if not, then with my stuffed platypus... sometimes it's both.
The album description also came out and now I'm super excited for this album! I know it's a long way down the road, but these episodes sound fantastic and Jules is gonna freakin' sing! (I really hope Buck does too) and that album cover! Do you know how long I've waited for a picture of Eugene dressed like a cowboy?! And we have another picture of Jules too! The storylines look great, I think it sounds like Connie is going to visit some old friends (maybe Richard or Mandy or something) and the thought of Buck pretending to understand Eugene and Katrina's faith makes me SO happy, that's gonna be a hilarious episode! I'm so excited!

"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:34 am 
Peach Cobbler

Yes I never thought I'd see a western style Odyssey, seeing Eugene laying on the ground in cowboy attire is worrying. It looks interesting, but the way there dresses up is a little strange for Odyssey. :oops:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:56 am 
Raspberry Ripple

Location: Probably in the green room... and if not, then with my stuffed platypus... sometimes it's both.
Ok, but everyone has to admit that Whit can totally rock teal.

"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:46 am 
Raspberry Ripple

Anyone else wondering... who is the guy with the brown mustache?! O.o

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:04 am 
Mocha Jamocha

I think that's supposed to be Jason; it looks like his facial structure and body type the way Gary Locke draws it.

PennyBassett wrote:
Ok, but everyone has to admit that Whit can totally rock teal.

Now I'm imagining Whit doing like, a Tom Haverford scarf flip to show off some new teal swag.

Unrelated, and probably already discussed, but is anyone else a little disappointed by the new album covers? Not necessarily the art, but the way the titles are written? It's such a minor, useless thing to quibble about, but all the pre-album 50 covers have these really cool, unique, stylized fonts, and the ones post-relaunch are all in the same Housemovements font style on the bottom of the frame. It's just not as imaginative, I guess. :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:45 am 
Raspberry Ripple

Ya, I do miss that.

-- Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:46 am --

MnM wrote:

I honestly never thought it could be Jason, I thought it was some new character, but you're probably right! :lol:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:45 pm 
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

PennyBassett wrote:
MnM wrote:

I honestly never thought it could be Jason, I thought it was some new character, but you're probably right! :lol:

Evil Jason? O_O

And who is the girl in the yellow dress?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:49 pm 
Mocha Jamocha

Looks like Jules to me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:17 pm 
Raspberry Ripple

Ya it's definitely Jules.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:45 pm 
Mint Chocolate Chip

Judging by the fact that Jules is on the cover of Album 62, she features relatively prominently into that album. But is she featured regularly on Albums 60 and 61, or on the OAC-exclusive episodes? I'm sorry for appearing ignorant, but I've been out of the loop since March.

This song could be a jeweler's take on immigration. (1981)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:52 pm 
Mocha Jamocha

No, she hasn't appeared since "The Ties That Bind". It'll be interesting to see why she's here this time around.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:30 pm 
Raspberry Ripple

Yep, and she hasn't been on the OAC either. I had a fun idea yesterday: What if Jules and Buck worked together at Whit's End?! I feel like they could do a lot with that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:59 pm 
Pistachio

Note: We heard that Jules was at Wooton and Penny's wedding in the "post credits scene" of A Very Bassett Wedding.

Last bumped by Agent.MontyWhittaker on Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:59 pm.

Online Profile