Album 61: Without A Hitch

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Album 61: Without A Hitch

The cover for Album 61: Without A Hitch has been released. More information can be found here. What do you guys think will happen in Album 61?
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Well, based on the album name I assume two certain people are getting married. After hearing "No Cause For Concern" I'm immensely looking forward to the ceremony. :clap:
Hopefully Jason will be in this album too.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

The cover is maybe the oddest yet, you can conclude absolutely nothing from it. Penny is getting the spa treatment from... Eugene? While Connie looks like she's giving birth while discovering her puppy is dead. And she's holding some kind of soiled towel or bathrobe or something. Hrm. Well, obviously Connie is trying to keep Penny calm whilst wedding related events go terribly wrong, but beyond that I have no idea what to make of this. Though it could indicate Connie will be trying to keep Penny and Wooton in the dark about how awful things are going.

I believe we know the names of all but one episode, 803.

There's a lot we can guess from the titles this time round. Feud of Mason County sounds like one of those local history episodes. Parker for President is obvious. Should be fun, and of course, Barrett should be the campaign manager of whichever Parker and Jay should run against with Valerie as campaign manager. Then we have The Key Suspect. If this isn't a J&P they're really pulling a mean fast one. :P You can't have the word suspect in the title and then not have it be J&P. Then the ones we really care about, A Very Bassett Wedding.

My hopes are there's a lot of new material. We did all the standard shtick with the cake and the dress and whatnot with Eugene and Katrina. It was funny once, but these episodes will have to work super hard to do something very similar and keep it fresh. Especially since expectations will be so high.

EDIT: Wait, Connie's holding a dress. Oh dear.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

I don't think the season opener takes place in Odyssey.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm already worried about A Bassett Wedding after I took a closer look at the cover art. Could someone possibly have sabotaged the wedding?
Are Connie's plans going to go horribly wrong, only by hilarious though highly improbable incidents? :? Being me, I went to AIO Wiki and reset the page five times for updates, of which I found little. Who on earth is Ethel? A relative of the Wooton perhaps, or a kind-hearted old woman who lives at the Church?

Currently suspicious of episode 803. :? Hopefully we'll hear from Jason.

Parker For President, hmm. I like episodes where friendships are tested and conflicts abound. :)
I'm a bit intrigued with The Feud of Mason County. First off, Mason County might be referring to an actual place in Illinois, somewhat near where Odyssey might be. Or possibly elsewhere. And since Red Hollard's entire name obviously has Gaelic meaning, it's not surprising he'd be featured in an episode about the disputes between clans.

Why would Whit be interested in ending an age old fight? Will we learn of the Whittaker's heritage? They're supposedly Scottish though the plot specifically mentions the Dagmar and McNutt clans. I would be pleased with any flashbacks and historical references, even by one-time characters.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Whit will be in California so that's where it'll take place.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Yay! \:D/ Besides "Wish You Were Here" I can't remember the last time an episode took place in California.

PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

What does everyone think of Old Tricks? We now know that Eugene, Katrina, and Buck are in this episode. And Buck is "up to some of his old tricks." We as fans have been waiting for a lot of things to happen with Buck. :D (Buck getting adopted, accepting Jesus, to name a couple.) Personally, I would like to see Buck get into a heated argument with his "parents", find out a little bit more about his past, and maybe get bullied at school. I am very excited because any of these things are possible in this episode. I was also informed by the Odyssey Staff today that Without a Hitch will be released on the Odyssey Adventure Club, one episode a week from Thursday, July 14- Thursday, August 18! The dates are interesting :| and even a little disappointing :? because last year Taking the Plunge started airing in May.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I agree completely, a little conflict would be interesting, especially if it leads to revealing of Buck's past. I love having him as a recurring character and am also eager to see character development :inlove: .
Yes, it's a bit strange however the albums now carry only half the episodes they did before so I suppose they thought it necessary to release the albums quicker.

Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

The tentative air dates have been revealed
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Awesome! What are they? The air dates I mean.
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Club:
The Feud of Mason County: July 14th
Parker for President: July 21st
Old Tricks: July 28th
The Key Suspect: August 4th
A Very Bassett Wedding, Part 1: August 11th
A Very Bassett Wedding, Part 2: August 18th

Radio:
The Feud of Mason County: November 5th
Parker for President: November 12th
Old Tricks: November 19th
The Key Suspect: November 26th
A Very Bassett Wedding, Part 1: December 3rd
A Very Bassett Wedding, Part 2: December 10th
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

One thing that confused me about the album title is that it is without a hitch. Does this mean Penny and Wooton are not getting married? I would assume that the title means what a person generally means when saying "without a hitch" but I'm just pointing that out.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Novatom wrote:One thing that confused me about the album title is that it is without a hitch. Does this mean Penny and Wooton are not getting married? I would assume that the title means what a person generally means when saying "without a hitch" but I'm just pointing that out.
Maybe it means they get hitched without a hitch. :P
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Belle wrote:
Novatom wrote:One thing that confused me about the album title is that it is without a hitch. Does this mean Penny and Wooton are not getting married? I would assume that the title means what a person generally means when saying "without a hitch" but I'm just pointing that out.
Maybe it means they get hitched without a hitch. :P
It's a pun reflecting both terms. :)
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Can someone please put in a spoiler tag if Wooton and Penny get married or not? I NEED TO KNOW
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

We'll be sure to let you know once the album actually comes out. ;)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Pound Foolish wrote:The cover is maybe the oddest yet, you can conclude absolutely nothing from it. Penny is getting the spa treatment from... Eugene?
I assumed from the start that the person getting the spa treatment was Katrina. It looks to me more like Katrina than Penny, and it is more logical that Eugene would be giving his wife a homemade spa day than another woman. Come on, PF, use logic. :P

What does the 1971 film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Sammy Davis, Jr., have in common? (1972)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)