Album 73

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Album 73

I found the title and summary for the next AIO Album on Amazon! I’m going to assume this is album 73.

The title is
28 Hours
The summary is
The clock is ticking toward an explosive confrontation as your friends from Odyssey race to solve the mystery and save the world in this special, six-part adventure 28 Hours.

To Jason Whittaker, it was just another morning in Odyssey. Birds were chirping. Sunshine warmed his back. The only urgent item on his agenda was helping Connie Kendall get her car started. (Again!) But then Jason’s phone rings, alerting him to a crime at J and J Antiques that will set in motion a day that the Odyssey gang will never forget.

Over the next several hours, Jason, Connie, Whit, and Jillian become entangled in a mystery that threatens the future of their beloved town and even the entire world. Could such a nice day really end in the start of war? Will Jason really have to sacrifice himself to prevent the death of thousands? Is anyone going to make it out of this day alive? And, as Connie asks with frustration, “Is anyone in this town really who they say they are?”

Adventures in Odyssey audio dramas release the imagination of both young and old as listeners follow a host of characters through adventures in the town of Odyssey. Geared toward kids ages 8 and up, these high-quality audio dramas teach biblical truths and moral foundations for children to make decisions from throughout their lives. They are perfect for car rides and initiating important conversations with kids.
The album will be released on
October 4, 2022 on CD and this summer in the Adventures in Odyssey Club. (Are release dates considered spoilers? :?)
Well, what are everyone’s thoughts? Any theories about this album? I’ll just say for now that I’m intrigued. :yes: \:D/
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

WHOA WHOA WHAT?

This isn't a joke? Yo. Immediately, by the title, I questioned "What kind of album name is 28 hours?" The description threw me. I'm so used to having one big event ("As Buck Would Have It" for album 72, Olivia's entire arc for 71, "Rydell Revelations" for 69) being the main attention of the album with smaller teases/episode descriptions for other storylines. But this is SO exciting and unprecedented for recent albums. I cannot wait to hear what this album is all about.

I will say, I grow weary of the "Will _____ make it out alive?" kind of teases Chris asks at the end of multi-part episodes and often posed in album descriptions. Fans have joked about it for ages now. "Will Jason really have to sacrifice himself to prevent the death of thousands?" This is no exception. :wacky: I know this is because I'm years out of the age demographic at this point, but I cannot take it seriously.

Also if they're going to finally reveal Jillian is a secret agent, now is the perfect opportunity :lol:
Be the reason someone smiles today.
Patterson
Strawberry

Here's the Amazon link to it I found on your blog @Polhaus 53 and @SmouseInTheHouse. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1646070321/re ... the+Family

My speculation is that this is probably an elaborate prank. The AioWiki article for it was created yesterday(feb 26) with currently only one contributor. The seller on amazon is listed as amazon.com, potentially meaning the actual seller is anonymous.

I don't normally indulge in conspiracy theories, but my reasoning (or lack thereof) will be in the spoiler tag.
My first warning sign to the validity of the leak is that the description calls the antique store by it's outdated name, J&J antiques, instead of it's more recent name change to Triple J Antiques. Unless, heaven forbid, it has been renamed back to J&J antiques for the reason of Jason actually considering Jillian to be a worthy business (or worse, romantic!) partner. Quadruple J antiques would be funnier name assuming it wants to honor Jack and Joanne.

My second reason to doubt it from the description is that it mentions war could break out and potential global consequences. While speculating about future wars is relevant today considering the current conflict between Russia and Ukraine, it seems unlikely FotF would introduce the discussion topic in a series for 8-12 year olds. We have had some episodes that talk about war before with episodes about the American Revolution, WW1, WW2 and Vietnam, so it's not off the table, but still a little strange for odyssey to have a long multipart episode with global consequences. Of course, considering a recent interview with Phil Lollar about Odyssey's new 2+2=? mode of introducing a moral concept, anything's possible storywise.

Reason #3 It sounds too good to be true (except for the inclusion of Jillian, who I hope either dies heroically{preferably quickly :twisted: } or turns out to be a foreign agent). It's been a while since odyssey has done a crowd pleasing Jason spy thriller.

4# I believe it would be a major marketing faux pas for FotF not to market a storyline like this more. I don't know how common it it for pre-orders to be listed on amazon without images, but you'd think any official source would wait for artwork to be completed before listing it. So the listing is possibly A: A Marketing Mess Up, B: A leak from someone with inside info at FotF who believes they can sell pre-orders and make a profit, C: An Odyssey Fan with too much time on their hands, or D: A nefarious scammer (maybe with real info, maybe fake) with a decent grasp on Odyssey history attempting to sell pre-orders without ever planning to ship the product(also unlikely with something as niche as AiO). Another possible but incredibly unlikely reason is an intentional leak. These are more common with big companies like Disney and it would be bizarre for FotF to try that(methinks someone was listening to Morrie too much).

My money's on C. Although if this is real, I may be pleasantly surprised. For all I know, this could be an elaborate way to find a partner in a new detective agency, in which case someone's been listening to way too many Morrie episodes.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Patterson wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:06 pm
I don't normally indulge in conspiracy theories, but my reasoning (or lack thereof) will be in the spoiler tag.
Wow, it looks like I’m not the only one who is having doubts about the validity of this information. This is quite an impressive list of reasoning! You’ve definitely thought this through. I completely see how this may seem to be a prank. I as well initially was suspicious when I first read the summary and to be honest, I still am a little skeptical. However, I am not quite ready to call this information off just yet and would need some solid proof to be convinced otherwise.
There are some good reasons as to why the album could be a hoax, but at the same time there are some plausible reasons why this could indeed be real.

Allow me to respond to each of your points, first with the ones I disagree with, and then the ones I agree with. This is definitely worth discussing.
The seller on amazon is listed as amazon.com, potentially meaning the actual seller is anonymous.
I’m a little confused what you mean by this or what the significance of this is. I assume you’re looking at the “ships from” and “sold by” labels underneath the “Secure Transaction” button on the Amazon page? If so, I’d say that this doesn’t necessarily mean anything regarding the authenticity of the seller. I did some checking, and it seems that all Odyssey albums on Amazon list the seller as “amazon.com”. The pages for Album 72, Album 64, Album 18, for a few examples, all say “Sold by Amazon.com” underneath the “Secure Transaction” button. This is not an unusual listing, as it appears on every Odyssey album. If 28 Hours was the only album to list the seller as “Amazon.com”, then that would cause my suspicions to rise. However, seeing that this seems to be consistent across all the AIO album pages I’ve looked at on Amazon, I don’t think this is a large concern. After all, the album is technically being sold by Amazon.
My second reason to doubt it from the description is that it mentions war could break out and potential global consequences. While speculating about future wars is relevant today considering the current conflict between Russia and Ukraine, it seems unlikely FotF would introduce the discussion topic in a series for 8-12 year olds.
This is definitely a valid point. However, I would argue that each Odyssey album is usually recorded months in advance before a summary for the album is released on Amazon. Also, the planning stages of each album is usually done at least a year in advance. It is more than likely that the AIO Team planned out and recorded this album many months (or even years) before the current conflict between Russia and Ukraine started. I do agree with you that speculating about future wars does seem to be a deep topic for Odyssey and its target audience, but over the years we've seen them address all sorts of different issues in their episodes and have done very well with them, so I wouldn't put it past AIO to do an impactful 6-part series about war and its dangers.
Patterson wrote:
it's not off the table, but still a little strange for odyssey to have a long multipart episode with global consequences.
The entire Novacom saga, specifically all of Album 38: Battle Lines, focuses on a major worldwide consequences for the entire human race. Also, Album 53: The Green Ring Conspiracy focused on the overthrowing of a plot to destroy America by distributing counterfeit money throughout the country. I wouldn’t say that it’s unusual for Odyssey to have multipart episodes about worldwide consequences, it’s just very rare and not very often when it does happen.
Patterson wrote:
Of course, considering a recent interview with Phil Lollar about Odyssey's new 2+2=? mode of introducing a moral concept, anything's possible storywise.
Well, there you go; it’s definitely possible. :mrgreen: :P
Patterson wrote:
I don't know how common it it for pre-orders to be listed on amazon without images, but you'd think any official source would wait for artwork to be completed before listing it.
Actually, it isn’t unusual for Odyssey to release the title and summary for upcoming albums on Amazon without the artwork. When I found the title and summary of Album 71 and Album 72 last year, neither one of the pages on Amazon had their artwork. These were eventually updated, with each album’s artwork appearing on its album page at a later date. So, missing artwork is not uncommon.
Patterson wrote:
So the listing is possibly A: A Marketing Mess Up, B: A leak from someone with inside info at FotF who believes they can sell pre-orders and make a profit, C: An Odyssey Fan with too much time on their hands, or D: A nefarious scammer (maybe with real info, maybe fake) with a decent grasp on Odyssey history attempting to sell pre-orders without ever planning to ship the product(also unlikely with something as niche as AiO). Another possible but incredibly unlikely reason is an intentional leak. These are more common with big companies like Disney and it would be bizarre for FotF to try that(methinks someone was listening to Morrie too much).
I'm not sure if I agree with any of these possibilities. If anything, I would personally put my money on option A. From the way the summary is written, I think that this is an unintentional release of information about the album. Which isn't too far-fetched; after all, we did just have Album 72: The Long Road Home accidentally get fully released on Amazon before it was available on the AIO Club.

While Amazon is not an official source, it has been accurate in the past when revealing upcoming albums, usually before being officially revealed on the official site. I usually make sure of this before announcing it on our site.

Now, on to the things that I agree with you on.
Patterson wrote:
My first warning sign to the validity of the leak is that the description calls the antique store by it's outdated name, J&J antiques, instead of it's more recent name change to Triple J Antiques. Unless, heaven forbid, it has been renamed back to J&J antiques for the reason of Jason actually considering Jillian to be a worthy business (or worse, romantic!) partner. Quadruple J antiques would be funnier name assuming it wants to honor Jack and Joanne.
I agree with you about this point. The summary for Album 68: Out of the Blue first used the term “Triple J Antiques”, making it the official new name for the store. And now all of a sudden, this Album 73 switches back to "J and J Antiques". I as well am suspicious of this.
Also, regarding the summary, I notice that the summary on Amazon doesn’t explicitly say “In 28 Hours, album #73 of the series…”, which is unusual, because the summaries or Album 71 and Album 72 when they were first released on Amazon did explicitly state that they were the next album in the series. This "28 Hours" randomly breaks this consistency by not doing that.
This is one point which I agree with you on and definitely think it is certainly grounds for suspicions. :yes:
Patterson wrote:
Reason #3 It sounds too good to be true (except for the inclusion of Jillian, who I hope either dies heroically{preferably quickly :twisted: } or turns out to be a foreign agent). It's been a while since odyssey has done a crowd pleasing Jason spy thriller.
Yep, I agree with this. As “Fair-Weather Fans” teaches us, if something is too good to be true, it probably is.
But then again, it is possible for the Odyssey Team to decide to please their fans by creating a Jason spy-thriller six-part album, right? :?

As you can see, I myself am torn as to whether believe this information or to be suspicious of it. :mad: I’d say that the best we can do is wait until we hear some official word from the AIO Team.
Sorry for the long response. I hope I’m not coming off as sounding defensive or rude; if so, I don’t mean to be. :anxious: I as well am genuinely wary about this album as well as intrigued to as to whether it is true or not. I'm a bit stuck in the middle, not sure what to believe as fact or what to be skeptical about. Time will tell, I assume, and I look forward to seeing what the future holds. \:D/

If this information about this upcoming album is something they didn’t mean to release or spread the word about, then it wouldn’t be the first time it’s happened. Back in 2012, unconfirmed information was spread around the various Odyssey websites about an Odyssey Spinoff for older listeners. Check out this topic about that.

I guess the only thing we can do for now is wait.

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
jubihm09
Vanilla

Wow! What a weird name! Sounds interesting. How did you figure that all out? I am not in the club anymore, so I don't always know what it is happening!
Patterson
Strawberry

Polehaus53 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:17 am
Wow, it looks like I’m not the only one who is having doubts about the validity of this information. This is quite an impressive list of reasoning! You’ve definitely thought this through.
Thanks @Polehaus53 and @jubihm09. I really don't know any solid evidence, but I thought it seemed kind of odd, and my weirdo brain took off from there. I'm glad you were able make sense of my ramblings. And thank you, Polehaus53 for showing me where some of my arguments were flawed. Sometimes I tend to go off of emotional reasoning more than actual logic.
Polehaus53 wrote: Actually, it isn’t unusual for Odyssey to release the title and summary for upcoming albums on Amazon without the artwork. When I found the title and summary of Album 71 and Album 72 last year, neither one of the pages on Amazon had their artwork. These were eventually updated, with each album’s artwork appearing on its album page at a later date. So, missing artwork is not uncommon.

While Amazon is not an official source, it has been accurate in the past when revealing upcoming albums, usually before being officially revealed on the official site. I usually make sure of this before announcing it on our site.
Okay, since Odyssey has been released like this in the past on amazon, that calms my main concern about it being a prank.
Polehaus53 wrote: Also, regarding the summary, I notice that the summary on Amazon doesn’t explicitly say “In 28 Hours, album #73 of the series…”, which is unusual, because the summaries or Album 71 and Album 72 when they were first released on Amazon did explicitly state that they were the next album in the series. This "28 Hours" randomly breaks this consistency by not doing that.
This is one point which I agree with you on and definitely think it is certainly grounds for suspicions. :yes:
Huh, I hadn't noticed that. Probably because I don't normally buy the newer albums. That is kinda strange.
Polehaus53 wrote: Yep, I agree with this. As “Fair-Weather Fans” teaches us, if something is too good to be true, it probably is.
But then again, it is possible for the Odyssey Team to decide to please their fans by creating a Jason spy-thriller six-part album, right? :?

As you can see, I myself am torn as to whether believe this information or to be suspicious of it. :mad: I’d say that the best we can do is wait until we hear some official word from the AIO Team.
Certainly the Odyssey team can and should. :D
It'll be cool if it's real and even if it's fake, we should probably laugh it off given the nature of the internet. I'm a lot more inclined to think it's real after what you said.
Polehaus53 wrote: Sorry for the long response. I hope I’m not coming off as sounding defensive or rude; if so, I don’t mean to be.
No worries, dude. You weren't rude at all, long responses are what I tend to do a lot of the time. Thanks for your input on it all. I was afraid myself that my speculation was coming across as rude. Or worse yet, unintentionally accusing you of faking a leak. :)
Polehaus53 wrote: If this information about this upcoming album is something they didn’t mean to release or spread the word about, then it wouldn’t be the first time it’s happened. Back in 2012, unconfirmed information was spread around the various Odyssey websites about an Odyssey Spinoff for older listeners. Check out this topic about that.
Interesting, I'll check it out, thanks. I remember seeing something like that once on the ToO back pages when I was bored. From that one, I got the impression that it wasn't real, but I'll reread those for sure also when I have some extra time.

jubihm09 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:02 pm
Wow! What a weird name! Sounds interesting. How did you figure that all out? I am not in the club anymore, so I don't always know what it is happening!
28 hours is a weird title. If the title and description are real, it probably means that there will be a 28 hour countdown to a doomsday type event or possibly that the whole adventure will take place over 28 hours in Odyssey time.

Or do you mean that J&J Antiques/Triple J Antiques is a weird name for a store. If you're newer to Odyssey, J&J Antiques was originally owned by a couple named Jack and Joanne Allen, but now they've moved away from Odyssey and their store is now run by Jason Whittaker, hence the name Triple J.

I'm not in the club either. Streaming is expensive. The Odyssey team's done a great job so far about not making club exclusive episodes essential to a mainstream odyssey listener.

If I miss a new episode while it's free to listen to, I typically read the description on AioWiki, to try to not be totally lost.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Guess I'm late to the party, but here are some of my random thoughts. :)
Polehaus53 wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 4:05 pm
The summary is
The clock is ticking toward an explosive confrontation as your friends from Odyssey race to solve the mystery and save the world in this special, six-part adventure 28 Hours.

To Jason Whittaker, it was just another morning in Odyssey. Birds were chirping. Sunshine warmed his back. The only urgent item on his agenda was helping Connie Kendall get her car started. (Again!) But then Jason’s phone rings, alerting him to a crime at J and J Antiques that will set in motion a day that the Odyssey gang will never forget.

Over the next several hours, Jason, Connie, Whit, and Jillian become entangled in a mystery that threatens the future of their beloved town and even the entire world. Could such a nice day really end in the start of war? Will Jason really have to sacrifice himself to prevent the death of thousands? Is anyone going to make it out of this day alive? And, as Connie asks with frustration, “Is anyone in this town really who they say they are?”

Adventures in Odyssey audio dramas release the imagination of both young and old as listeners follow a host of characters through adventures in the town of Odyssey. Geared toward kids ages 8 and up, these high-quality audio dramas teach biblical truths and moral foundations for children to make decisions from throughout their lives. They are perfect for car rides and initiating important conversations with kids.
Monica Stone wrote:
Sun Feb 27, 2022 9:17 pm
I will say, I grow weary of the "Will _____ make it out alive?" kind of teases Chris asks at the end of multi-part episodes and often posed in album descriptions. Fans have joked about it for ages now. "Will Jason really have to sacrifice himself to prevent the death of thousands?" This is no exception. :wacky: I know this is because I'm years out of the age demographic at this point, but I cannot take it seriously.
I'm not sure what to think about this summary. A war? The death of thousands? Now, I'm sure this isn't the case in the actual episodes, but I agree with Monica Stone that the summary somehow comes off as melodramatic. On the more serious side, I'm quite interested in the cause for this "explosive confrontation." There has been talk about this album finally concluding the Novacom-Chairman story. If this is the case, I just hope it's well-executed. It would be quite interesting if Jillian was revealed to be working with the Chairman. Perhaps she's been staking out Odyssey, laying the path for his revenge. :twisted:
Polehaus53 wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 1:17 am
Wow, it looks like I’m not the only one who is having doubts about the validity of this information. This is quite an impressive list of reasoning! You’ve definitely thought this through. I completely see how this may seem to be a prank. I as well initially was suspicious when I first read the summary and to be honest, I still am a little skeptical. However, I am not quite ready to call this information off just yet and would need some solid proof to be convinced otherwise.
There are some good reasons as to why the album could be a hoax, but at the same time there are some plausible reasons why this could indeed be real.
The missing album number in the summary is also making me suspicious. But if you check the Amazon link, the summary has been severely shortened to: "The clock is ticking toward an explosive showdown as the crew from Whit’s End race to solve a heart-pounding mystery in this special, six-part adventure 28 Hours." My personal theory is that someone on the Odyssey team put up an unapproved summary for this album or else put it up too early. So, I'm thinking that the summary is legit, but there might be some slightly inaccurate info within.
To say the least, this album looks intriguing!
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

Based on past stories the team have done I could believe this is genuine. The first summary could be an early draft (Which would explain the whole triple J/J and J Antiques error). though I doubt this is Novacom/Chairman related, as there is no mention of Eugene (and it would make sense for him to be involved somehow). also, what does 'is no one in this town who they says they are" mean? Will Polhouse's adoption be revealed? is there (even) more to Whit and/or Jason than we think there is? is Jillian actually Monica in disguise? (yeah, that'd make Jason shippers go crazy).
The second summary seems to indicate something closer to The Mystery of the Clock Tower, rather than Green Ring or The Labyrinth. 'solving a heart-pounding mystery' just doesn't seem to match the first summary.

Can't wait to find out what's real or not.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Patterson wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:20 pm
I'm not in the club either. Streaming is expensive. The Odyssey team's done a great job so far about not making club exclusive episodes essential to a mainstream odyssey listener.

If I miss a new episode while it's free to listen to, I typically read the description on AioWiki, to try to not be totally lost.
Yep, the AIO Club has been pretty good so far with making sure the Club episodes stay separate from the mainstream albums. While I appreciate that they're making sure nobody misses out on anything, I think it's having a negative affect on the stories told in the Club. The Odyssey Team can’t make anything important happen in the Club episodes because it will affect those who are not members of the Club. If this is the case, then what's the point of making Club episodes? That's one of the problems that I have with the AIO Club. I should start a topic about my Club complaints.
(Also, please try not to post two times in a row; you can edit your post if you have more to add.)

Patterson wrote:
Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:20 pm
Polehaus53 wrote: Sorry for the long response. I hope I’m not coming off as sounding defensive or rude; if so, I don’t mean to be.
No worries, dude. You weren't rude at all, long responses are what I tend to do a lot of the time. Thanks for your input on it all. I was afraid myself that my speculation was coming across as rude. Or worse yet, unintentionally accusing you of faking a leak. :)
No problem, you're all good. This was definitely valid cause for doubt for everyone. Checking for accuracy is something I need to do more thoroughly. This was definitely fun to investigate and discuss! Time will tell what's real and what's not. We shall soon see, and I look forward to it. :yes:

Album 72 will soon be airing on the radio, and usually after an album airs, the Odyssey Team does a Q and A session on the Official Adventures in Odyssey Podcast. I'm wondering if they'll address the confusion surrounding this album's summary.

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:11 pm
if you check the Amazon link, the summary has been severely shortened to: "The clock is ticking toward an explosive showdown as the crew from Whit’s End race to solve a heart-pounding mystery in this special, six-part adventure 28 Hours."
I noticed this as well. That's a lot less information than the previous summary. I'm noticing how it now says that it is"heart-pounding". It's not very often when the album summary itself uses such phrases to say that the album will be thrilling. I'm now wondering if there will be a parental warning for any episodes in the album.

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Mon Mar 07, 2022 7:11 pm
My personal theory is that someone on the Odyssey team put up an unapproved summary for this album or else put it up too early. So, I'm thinking that the summary is legit, but there might be some slightly inaccurate info within.
I agree, that's probably what happened. I think they probably didn’t mean to release that much information about the album. As I said, the previous summary definitely had some odd things that made me question its validity.

I'm guessing that this album will being releasing in the Adventures in Odyssey Club sometime in July this year. We shall probably know a little more then (or maybe sooner if the Odyssey Team give any hints on the upcoming Producer Q and A edition of the Official Podcast like they usually do).

Patterson
Strawberry

28 Hours has been confirmed by Marshall Younger himself!
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

The title for the album on Amazon has been updated with a little more info.
28 Hours: 6 stories on Trust, Truth, and Discernment
UPDATE!

We now have artwork for the album!
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

This art is quite interesting. :D
I noticed that Jason is inside some sort of cabin. I'm going to guess that it is a cabin at Trickle Lake, though others have wondered if it is Timmy's cabin.
The masked person's eyes, at least to me, might be female. So...is it Jillian? :twisted:
Interesting knot on Jason's chair. I don't think I've seen a person tied to a chair by the neck before.
I'm probably picky, but the large gap between Jason and the masked person bothers me.
Why isn't Jason gagged? I guess, wherever they are, there's no risk for anyone to hear him, or else it was not drawn for the art's sake.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
djchatswithu
Cookies & Creme

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Tue May 10, 2022 10:02 am
This art is quite interesting. :D
I noticed that Jason is inside some sort of cabin. I'm going to guess that it is a cabin at Trickle Lake, though others have wondered if it is Timmy's cabin.
The masked person's eyes, at least to me, might be female. So...is it Jillian? :twisted:
Interesting knot on Jason's chair. I don't think I've seen a person tied to a chair by the neck before.
I'm probably picky, but the large gap between Jason and the masked person bothers me.
Why isn't Jason gagged? I guess, wherever they are, there's no risk for anyone to hear him, or else it was not drawn for the art's sake.
This seems like an odd scene to use for the cover.
so you basically have Jason tied to a chair with the words "28 hours", yeah, this is probably not intended for younger listeners.
In trying to find answers to your questions
1, no it's not Timmy's cabin, the cover of hidden treasures shows it's made of wooden boards, not logs.
2, I'm sure a lot of people would be happy if it's jillian, it would be a good twist. could also be Monica, or just a new character.
3, the description says this involves some sort of terrorist threat, so they may know about Jason being an ex-agent, who is no doubt trained in how to escape these situations.
4, a few covers are like that, also notice how you can't see anything outside the door due to the light, could be a clue.
5, I've 2 theories to this, 1, it's made for kids, parents wouldn't buy it if Jason was, and 2, depending when this takes place, they may just need to delay Jason while they get away/do something else, bit hard to do if Jason's got them pinned to the floor! (if it's Jillian though she could have chosen not to). 3, the place is bobby trapped and calling out might get someone killed (it does say Jason may have to sacrifice himself, he could have switched places with someone.)
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

The titles for the episodes for this album were announced on the latest Official Podcast!
1. Morning
2. Afternoon
3. Evening
4. Dead of Night
5. Daybreak
6. Final Minutes

I'm so glad it's not Part 1, Part 2, etc.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Peachey Keen wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 5:23 pm
The titles for the episodes for this album were announced on the latest Official Podcast!
1. Morning
2. Afternoon
3. Evening
4. Dead of Night
5. Daybreak
6. Final Minutes

I'm so glad it's not Part 1, Part 2, etc.
I don't know about anyone else, but those titles feel eerie (in a cool sorta way) to me. \:D/ Especially "Dead of Night." It makes me look forward to the album even more. And yes, I am also glad that it is not Part 1, Part 2. I find episodes in albums like that so hard to differentiate because the only thing changing in the titles is a number.
Peachey Keen
Caramel Crunch

With the way the episodes are titled, the album artwork depiction, and the story arc, I wouldn't be surprised if all 6 episodes had a parental warning on them. That would be epic!
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Yep, the latest Team Q and A edition of the Official Adventures in Odyssey Podcast was released, which contained some details about this upcoming album. Be sure to give it a listen. Writer of this album Kathy Buchanan stated, “The six shows span a course of 28 hours within Odyssey. So, from 7am on Monday to 11am the next day is where all six shows take place."

The titles are definitely interesting; More so than "28 Hours, Part 1", etc. I’m glad that they all have names, since that will make it easier to keep track of what happens in each episode. When I listen to album 53, I can not distinguish between “The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part 9” and “The Green Ring Conspiracy, Part 10” because all the episode titles are the same except for the number at the end, which confuses me. The titles of 28 Hours don’t tell us much about the content of the episodes and are kind of like timestamps for us to know what hour each episode is at. It’s very creative and unique, and I like it!

I am unsure of what to think of the cover art. It looks intense! It would be interesting if the masked person is Jillian Marshall like people have speculated. I’ve also heard theories that this album is the Chairman returning, which I think is a possibility and would definitely be in favor of if this is the case. :yes:

Marshal Younger confirmed that this album releases in the AIO Club in July. Looking forward to hearing this album! More of my thoughts and theories are to come. \:D/