It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:11 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Will Jason Stay Retired?
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:03 pm 
Coffee Biscotti
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:45 pm
Posts: 3314
Location: Kidsboro
Gender: Male
TigerShadow wrote:
Then why did you bring it up?

I think that for Jason to stay away from the agency for awhile would be good for him. While I appreciate moral complexity in my protagonists, from a Christian standpoint, Jason has displayed some questionable-at-best attitudes that likely stem from the work he had to do while in the agency ("[Fighting fire with fire is] the only way I know how to fight", his attempts to play the hero instead of relinquishing control to God).

What attitudes would that be? He overdid it in that episode during the Nova Com saga in South America, that's all that comes to mind. Other than that though, you can't very well relinquish control to God entirely when you're trying to stop England'd leaders from being killed, for instance. He wasn't "trying to play the hero" he was doing his job.The only questionable behavior in that episode was when it's left ambiguous whether or not he spared Mr. Grote's life, and we don't know for sure if he actually let him die or even considered it there.

As to struggling with being alone with God, that's not questionable. That's natural. Heck, Whit discouraged him from doing it! He wisely pointed out it needs to be done in small reasonable doses and well basically the reverse of how Jason did it.
aragtaghooligan wrote:
When they do have a love story it is super complicated. Why can't anyone just fall in love?

Well said, but they seem to have done that with Penny and Wooton. Before that, a little bit with Barrett and Priscilla though that's sadly been kicked to the curb.

_________________
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury


Top
Online Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Jason Stay Retired?
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:42 pm 
Mocha Jamocha
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:51 pm
Posts: 2641
Gender: Female
Pound Foolish wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:
Then why did you bring it up?

I think that for Jason to stay away from the agency for awhile would be good for him. While I appreciate moral complexity in my protagonists, from a Christian standpoint, Jason has displayed some questionable-at-best attitudes that likely stem from the work he had to do while in the agency ("[Fighting fire with fire is] the only way I know how to fight", his attempts to play the hero instead of relinquishing control to God).

What attitudes would that be? He overdid it in that episode during the Nova Com saga in South America, that's all that comes to mind. Other than that though, you can't very well relinquish control to God entirely when you're trying to stop England'd leaders from being killed, for instance. He wasn't "trying to play the hero" he was doing his job.The only questionable behavior in that episode was when it's left ambiguous whether or not he spared Mr. Grote's life, and we don't know for sure if he actually let him die or even considered it there.


Almost everything he did during the Blackgaard saga comes to mind, actually—even he admits that he was ignoring the spiritual battle in favor of the physical one that he believed he could fight. What I'm saying is that by necessity in Jason's line of work, he has had to do morally-gray-at-best deeds for the greater good, which has led to a rather skewed perspective of right and wrong actions to take when dealing with a crisis. I think even he admits (though not in so many words) that his job has taken a toll on his psyche, and my point is that time away from that on a long-term basis will be good for him.

Pound Foolish wrote:
As to struggling with being alone with God, that's not questionable. That's natural. Heck, Whit discouraged him from doing it! He wisely pointed out it needs to be done in small reasonable doses and well basically the reverse of how Jason did it.


That's...kind of the point I was making.

aragtaghooligan wrote:
When they do have a love story it is super complicated. Why can't anyone just fall in love?

Well said, but they seem to have done that with Penny and Wooton. Before that, a little bit with Barrett and Priscilla though that's sadly been kicked to the curb.[/quote]

"Sadly"? I thought you were a Barrett/Cindy shipper. ;)

_________________
Duchess of Logic and Interim President Pro Tempore in the Court of the Debate Vampires

road work ahead? uh, yeah, i sure hope it does


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Jason Stay Retired?
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 6:27 pm 
Fudge Marble
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 19, 2015 11:40 pm
Posts: 870
Location: The Great White North
Gender: Female
I don't think it is going easy with wooton and Penny what with penny questioning commitment


I don't know if I said this on here or on ToO or where but I like Jason in the antique shop. I think he needs time to grow and I think starting and stopping the agency is too repetitive so I don't want him to go back. Antiques provides mini mysteries I think he'll like it.

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Jason Stay Retired?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 3:51 pm 
Peach Cobbler
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:54 am
Posts: 1367
Location: Somewhere, Someplace, Sometime!
Gender: Female
I think he will! It could be a new chapter in Odyssey Jason settles down marries Monica [ fresh out of prison ] and has a family runs Whit's End for a few albums while Whit is doing archaeologist work in the middle east. \:D/

_________________
Image
Proud K.R.E Member


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Jason Stay Retired?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:43 pm 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:51 pm
Posts: 230
Location: Listening to the Blackgaard Chronicles
Gender: None specified
aragtaghooligan wrote:
I don't know if I said this on here or on ToO or where but I like Jason in the antique shop. I think he needs time to grow and I think starting and stopping the agency is too repetitive so I don't want him to go back. Antiques provides mini mysteries I think he'll like it.


I don't think that Jason will be going back to the agency anytime soon, either. I believe that he has finally retired for good, and will stay in Odyssey for a while.
I agree with aragtaghooligan; Jason likes solving "mini" antique mysteries.

To be honest, I don't think that we will be hearing much of him at all in the new episodes. It sounds like the writers have brought him back to Odyssey to have him in the occasional "mystery" or "family" episode, but not to be a constant character.
It will be interesting to see if he will like the idea of Jana moving to Odyssey.

_________________
Please, Please, Please AIO!!!!! Bring Richard Maxwell back!!! And then have him get married to Connie!!!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Jason Stay Retired?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:14 pm 
Coffee Biscotti
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:45 pm
Posts: 3314
Location: Kidsboro
Gender: Male
He seems to be as constant as he ever was. We've had very few albums without him so far. I think this last one was the first since he returned. Though, he doesn't' have as much impact on the story lately, if that's what you mean.

_________________
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury


Top
Online Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Jason Stay Retired?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:04 am 
Peach Cobbler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:50 pm
Posts: 1340
Location: Odyssey USA!
Gender: Female
Pound Foolish wrote:
As to struggling with being alone with God, that's not questionable. That's natural. Heck, Whit discouraged him from doing it! He wisely pointed out it needs to be done in small reasonable doses and well basically the reverse of how Jason did it.


That [small reasonable doses] is basically the reverse of how Jason does anything. :jason

_________________
Image
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Will Jason Stay Retired?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:12 am 
Pistachio
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:16 pm
Posts: 1155
Location: SR388
Gender: Male
Novatom wrote:
MissFriendship wrote:
The actor for Tasha did die...but I am sure they could find a replacement if they desired it.



Really? She didn't seem that old. Forget it. Her voice was way to good for a replacement to be found. She never should return.
She had a different voice in Accidental Dilemna that is still alive.

_________________
Image
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" - Luke the Warrior in The Legend of Luke


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net