It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Farewell, Kids of Kidsboro.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:02 pm 
Pistachio

In the episode "Unfair Game", Marvin appears with Ryan, indicating that they are the same age.

Marvin Washington is the same age as Ryan Cummings. They will be in the episode "Unfair Game" with...
Jason Whitaker and David Parker.

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" - Luke the Warrior in The Legend of Luke

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:14 pm 
Mocha Jamocha

I don't think they have to be the same age. I think they're close in age, but not the same. Marvin and all the kids his age left the show in Album 50, and they were all in late middle school. (Listen to those voices and tell me that they're sixth graders. Eighth graders I can buy—especially since they've clearly already been through a couple of years of middle school according to show continuity—but sixth graders?) Ryan is still in middle school as of Album 57, because he's playing on the middle school basketball team. Ryan and all the kids of Kidsboro are indicated to be part of the new generation, while Marvin and his peers are indicated to be a part of the previous one, implying to me that they're older.

Besides, I like the idea of Marvin being a little older and sort of taking Ryan under his wing, for the same reason why I like how enthusiastic he was at the idea of taking in Kelly in "The Chosen One". It adds some depth to his character, and to me it's a bit more realistic than everybody being the same age.

road work ahead? uh, yeah, i sure hope it does

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:01 pm 
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

The Old Judge wrote:
Belle wrote:
....and now all of a sudden there have been old characters who happen to still be the same age as our new ones? :P

Can you explain what you mean by that? What older characters are the same age as the current group? Is this referring to the child characters, or to the adult roles

Ryan Cummings and Nelson, specifically, are in the same classes as Matthew and Olivia and such.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:16 pm 
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:
Ooh...now Ryan and Buck might be a character combination I'd like to see! :D

Yes!!!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:59 am 
Raspberry Ripple

Location: Probably in the green room... and if not, then with my stuffed platypus... sometimes it's both.
Hm, yes that WOULD be interesting to see... Would they be the same age? I bet Ryan is a year or two older than Buck but he would be a great encouragement for Buck since they both had really hard childhoods.

"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:16 am 
Pistachio

Well, we were wrong. ALL 3 of the characters that Pound Foolish mentioned in his post are coming back or have already come back. Also, Valerie and Ryan are in high school, as Valerie is in Jules and Buck's grade in "Friend or Foe".

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" - Luke the Warrior in The Legend of Luke

Offline Profile