Jared!!

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.

should Jared come back

Yes!!
67%
No!!
7%
Mabey for a visit
26%

Total votes: 27

Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Jared!!

I think Jared should come back :P
Proud K.R.E Member
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Why do you think Jared should come back, Micky? If a character comes back, he needs to fill a needed/important role in the storyline without feeling like an unnecessary appendage. How do you think Jared would make his grand reappearance.

Until I hear how he could come back, I vote in the negative.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

He can come back, but only if he brings his brother with him. :D

I think a nice reunion episode would be cool, just to show us what the next generation is doing with their lives—not make a whole arc about it, but maybe something akin to "The Triangled Web". (Although I have this weird idea in my head that the Chairman would do...something to the DeWhites because Steven was the first whistle-blower, so maybe they could bring bck the Chairman and the DeWhites in one fell swoop.)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

TigerShadow wrote:He can come back, but only if he brings his brother with him. :D

I think a nice reunion episode would be cool, just to show us what the next generation is doing with their lives—not make a whole arc about it, but maybe something akin to "The Triangled Web". (Although I have this weird idea in my head that the Chairman would do...something to the DeWhites because Steven was the first whistle-blower, so maybe they could bring bck the Chairman and the DeWhites in one fell swoop.)
Ooh- hey, yeah. Good idea. We need the Chairman to come back at some point. That would make sense to have them come back at the same time.

So I think Jared (and Trent) should come back, if only for several episodes. Unless they want to come back for longer. :) They are adult characters now (?) Would Trent and Mandy be married yet? ;)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Ameraka wrote:Ooh- hey, yeah. Good idea. We need the Chairman to come back at some point. That would make sense to have them come back at the same time.
And the thing is, you could have a majorly epic "boy-who-cried-wolf" scenario, where Jared's conspiracy theories come back to bite him and nobody believes him when he says the Chairman's back or any of it until someone gets hurt. It'd be kind of like "Strange Boy in a Strange Land", but on a bigger scale.
Ameraka wrote:They are adult characters now (?) Would Trent and Mandy be married yet?
See, that would be part of the goal of the reunion episode—but instead of Trent having commitment issues or being too nervous to think straight for himself or super insecure, or Mandy being Bridezilla or also having commitment issues or also being insecure, both of them would be fine and everyone else would be freaking out, and they would entertain themselves watching the show, because that is literally the one wedding plot that hasn't been done yet. (but their wedding should be a thing there is no question because i want them to write their own stupid vows for their own stupid relationship because they've ruined my stupid life you two big STUPIDS)

Ameraka, is this kind of how you feel about Jason and Jason/Connie, only less coherent? ;)
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

TigerShadow wrote:
Ameraka wrote:Ooh- hey, yeah. Good idea. We need the Chairman to come back at some point. That would make sense to have them come back at the same time.
And the thing is, you could have a majorly epic "boy-who-cried-wolf" scenario, where Jared's conspiracy theories come back to bite him and nobody believes him when he says the Chairman's back or any of it until someone gets hurt. It'd be kind of like "Strange Boy in a Strange Land", but on a bigger scale.
Ameraka wrote:They are adult characters now (?) Would Trent and Mandy be married yet?
See, that would be part of the goal of the reunion episode—but instead of Trent having commitment issues or being too nervous to think straight for himself or super insecure, or Mandy being Bridezilla or also having commitment issues or also being insecure, both of them would be fine and everyone else would be freaking out, and they would entertain themselves watching the show, because that is literally the one wedding plot that hasn't been done yet. (but their wedding should be a thing there is no question because i want them to write their own stupid vows for their own stupid relationship because they've ruined my stupid life you two big STUPIDS)
This should totally be an episode. Have you sent it to the AIO team?

TigerShadow wrote: Ameraka, is this kind of how you feel about Jason and Jason/Connie, only less coherent? ;)
Kinda. I am writing a crazy story about them getting married (not your typical wedding either...so far) and it's stuck right now and I can't get on with my life until I write the next chapter
lol.
At least with Trandy it's Established Canon (even though we haven't heard anything for a while which is why it would be nice to hear from them :) )

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Ameraka wrote:This should totally be an episode. Have you sent it to the AIO team?
I think I'll let them recover from the massive influx of hate mail they received following the Maureen/Mitch/Connie fallout before I start sending suggestions. ;) It would be nice, and could maybe tie into a return of Jared in the Chairman context because you'd still have the running gag of weddings under odd circumstances, but we could also get that last bit of Novacom closure. (Of course, Jared could also come back in the simple context of the wedding, being as it would be his brother's...)
Ameraka wrote:Kinda. I am writing a crazy story about them getting married (not your typical wedding either...so far) and it's stuck right now and I can't get on with my life until I write the next chapter
I've been following that one on FFN! It's lovely. I did notice you talking about having written yourself into a corner because of the investigation in South America...anything you can say so far, or is it top secret information? ;)
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Yay I love your ideas, but I think it should be Trent and Sarah :D Having the Chairman come back is good to. Mabey Jared coupd come back with a wierdish in a cool way girl who tries to help but get's in trouble :!:
Proud K.R.E Member
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Micky wrote:Yay I love your ideas, but I think it should be Trent and Sarah
Well, considering that Trent is confirmed to be married to Mandy (again: precious sweeties), I think that's out of the question at this point. ;) I can totally see Trent and Sarah being Masculine Girl, Feminine Boy BFFs and her mouthing off at him during the rehearsal dinner. They'd be a lot like Toph and Aang. (micky no why you have now made me too excited for this headcanon i can't)
Micky wrote:Mabey Jared coupd come back with a wierdish in a cool way girl who tries to help but get's in trouble
You know, that's an interesting point to address, because I definitely think Jared does not need to end up with anyone in Odyssey—maybe he should even turn out to be single for life or something. For one thing, he'd need a girl who doesn't know his history just so he can move beyond that reputation; for another thing, he needs a girl who can put up with his neuroses. But lastly, and most importantly, he needs a woman who is in a government agency or somehow connected to law enforcement.

I mean, think about it. Jared is working for the CIA—you know, the agency that's usually responsible for torturing prisoners? He'll have already been made aware of some rough stuff, and he's only a junior analyst. I just don't think that any girl he used to know in Odyssey is going to be able to help him cope with the kinds of trauma and secrets he'd have. Additionally, it's very realistic, because it's not like you always end up with someone you knew as a kid. As long as they characterize her well (read: better than Maureen), I'm so on board with Jared getting with someone we don't know.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Whoa just caught on what I said in my last post not Trent and Sarah, I meant Jared and Sarah BIG mistake :(
Proud K.R.E Member
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Micky wrote:Whoa just caught on what I said in my last post not Trent and Sarah, I meant Jared and Sarah BIG mistake :(
That is a big mistake. Trent is way too cool to be confused with his older brother. :(

I honestly support Jared not ending up with an Odyssey girl, but if the show dictates it, then I would want it to be Sarah. Now that right there is an interesting character dynamic.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Yes, a boy with a very unique personality, and a girl with hardly any personality at all. The perfect idea for a couple. ;)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I always thought Sarah had quite a personality. She was sassy, a bit bossy, judgmental, mischievous, and level-headed. What gives you the vibe that she doesn't have a personality, TOJ?

(Unpopular opinion: I think Jared is rather overrated as a character, although I still find him amusing.)
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Jared is better than pesky Sarah Pratchett.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Out of curiosity, is there a female child character on Odyssey that you don't find pesky? ;)
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Connie Kendall, Lucy, Aubrey...
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Fair enough. So what makes Sarah so pesky?
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

She's awful mean!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Well, when I say that, Tiger, she never had much chance to develop. Granted, it's been quite a spell since I've listened to the episodes with her appearing, but trying to delve into the back recesses of my mind, both of what I heard on the show and what I read on the forums, she was cast into a kind of one-dimensional role ("pesky," as it were ;) ) that she never really stepped out of. Just to make sure my opinions had some solid footing, I checked her page on AIOWiki, and they basically echoed mine and John Henry's sentiments. She had one-dimension: sarcastic, judgmental, easily irritable, with just a few little threads of loyalty in there somewhere. You know yourself, Miss Trandy, that to make a character good you have to explore all the aspects of their personalities.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Jared is a very imaginative character...