#57 "A Call To Something More" Speculation

Hidden in all this dust lies the hypothesis of many AIO fans. What do you feel is sure to happen, and what should stay buried? Chris says keep listening, we say speculate.
Reddo
Strawberry

New Episode titles:

Life Expectancy, Part 1
Life Expectancy, Part 2
Life Expectancy, Part 3
More Than a Feeling
No Chemistry Whatsoever
Repent after Me
The Friend Formula
Your Servant Is Listening, Part 1
Your Servant Is Listening, Part 2
Jason
Cookies & Creme

I'm REALLY interested in Your Servant is Listening which is the Hannah IMagination Station one. Also from the summary it can be inferred that Lucia, Eva, and Camilla will be in the IS adventure. Which will be AWESOME! We haven't heard from Eva and Lucia for a while, and it'll be cool to have them experience the IS.

I can't help but wonder what sort of tragedy Connie is facing, but I don't think it's Bill or June's death. I feel like that would be too manipulative of her character. Maybe Bill's latest wife or girlfriend is dying and that makes Connie question if she should really be there for her Dad, and then she meets a relative and sees her Dad in a little bit different light.

No Chemistry Whatsoever sounds interesting to me. Perhaps a couple that doesn't work out? Like Jay and Emily? Or Whit and Lucia? O.O Or Jason and C-NAH! But you get the idea.

More than a Feeling seems like it could be another episode centered around a relationship. And I can't help but wonder if it will bring Penny and Wooton to the next level.

Repent After Me seems really interesting title to. We know that there's a second new arc that will be launched. But could someone be accepting Christ? Or maybe it's about having accountability and repenting for sins after being a christian.

The Friend Formula: This one sounds pertaining to friendship. But the question is with who and what will happen?

We also have a finalized brighter cover.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

YEEEEEESSSSSS!!! I can't wait! Eva and Lucia are back! With Simon in the last album, all we need is an appearance from David and the adults won't seem forgotten. The writers are once again beginning to achieve that balance of adult/kid characters.

But, yes, as the time draws closer to the Album 57 season, I see more and more that this will most very much likely be an extremely mature and revolutionary album.

Also, (Do not look at this unless you want a big surprise ruined.)
I checked AIOWiki today, and yes, Bill Kendall will be making three new appearances, most likely in Life Expectancies.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I'm glad as well... and the funny thing is, Lucia actually wasn't a favorite of mine at first in Grandma's Visit. But Camilla!? Yeeha!
Really, it was a good thing the last episode was dedicated to the kids. After all, they're the heart of Odyssey, and being they're still fairly new, the more attention they get, the better.
Especially Emily.
That's a good guess about More Than a Feeling, Jason... Oh, do let's hope! It's unlikely, but who knows. After all, they were made for each other. In Penny's case, literally.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

"The Friend Formula" sounds like another typical slice-of-life episode (the title is more revealing than you would think). It probably won't be anything special, but I'll have to see...

"More Than A Feeling" is, interestingly enough, the title of a classic rock song from the 70s. I doubt this was intentional, but that's just a trivia fact. This title is very cryptic, and it could be about anything from romance to spiritual revival. I have no thoughts on this episode, because I know nothing about it.

"No Chemistry Whatsoever"... Hmm... Interesting title. I suppose it could be about romance, but I personally doubt it. It could be an unlikely friendship, or, if you want to take it literally, about the subject of chemistry in school (maybe the return of Nelson Swanson, the science nut?).

"Repent After Me" will obviously be a very spiritual episode, probably discussing Jesus. I usually like these sorts of episodes, but if it's like "Hallowed Be Thy Name" or something, I might fall asleep. I still have good expectations for this one, though...

"Your Servant Is Listening" is probably one of the most interesting episodes titles ever. It's so intriguing, and it grabbed me the moment I read it. I'm excited for this one...
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

@CT I think the "More Than a Feeling" thing had to be intentional, considering most titles of AIO eps are either a play on words, or a reference to something else of the same name. I'm thinking at least one of the two episodes in there about romance (More Then a Feeling and No Chemestry Whatsoever) have to be about Wooton and Penny. I think it'll be interesting to see where they take their relationship.

The Friend Formula seems like it's going to involve Jay, and his sort of half friend-like relationship he has with all other characters in odyssey. He's not considered a villain that no one wants to hang around with by all the other character, like Rodney was. He's always had the "Binky" quality to him (I mean Binky from that TVO show "Arthur". Remember how he was the bully, but he still got to hang out among the group of friends, and we generally accepted among them?). When I look at Jay I see someone who wants to appear tough, but he's got a good heart. I'm hoping this episode will deal with the flaws in his character some more. He's got to realize sooner or later that he doesn't have any "real" friends, so he's going to have to learn how to make some. Perhaps with some special "formula"? Who knows.

Do we know what episodes Shona's new character will be in yet?
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

I think it's going to be Life Expectancy, there's no doubt in my mind, especially if you heard the clip of her and Connie.
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Joy wrote:I think it's going to be Life Expectancy, there's no doubt in my mind, especially if you heard the clip of her and Connie.
Yeah it's Life Expectancy. It was revealed when they were recording it. She was in the studio for those episodes.
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Joy wrote:I think it's going to be Life Expectancy, there's no doubt in my mind, especially if you heard the clip of her and Connie.
I didn't hear that clip... Where's that at?
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Aaron Wiley wrote:I didn't hear that clip... Where's that at?
They featured it on a recent video podcast, I believe? If I can find it, I'll post it here.
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Bren found it for me. :D
Here it is for anyone else who was looking - http://whitsendblog.org/2013/01/album-5 ... ner-shona/
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

I'm just awesome like that.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I think that in More Than a Feeling, Jason falls for Connie. And that in Life Expectancy, Jules is Connie's twin. Yeah. No joke. I posted why I think on my blog (I don't want to write it all out here- it would take too long lol!): www.aioupsandspecs.weebly.com.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Well, that would make perfect sense......except for the fact that Bill and June were married until Connie was twelve years old. So unless they hid Jules in a closet for those twelve years, or she was genetically copied from Connie's DNA has a daughter for Bill, that ain't happening.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

The Old Judge wrote:Well, that would make perfect sense......except for the fact that Bill and June were married until Connie was twelve years old. So unless they hid Jules in a closet for those twelve years, or she was genetically copied from Connie's DNA has a daughter for Bill, that ain't happening.
The return of the Chairman, anyone? :jason
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

whittaker96 wrote:
The Old Judge wrote:Well, that would make perfect sense......except for the fact that Bill and June were married until Connie was twelve years old. So unless they hid Jules in a closet for those twelve years, or she was genetically copied from Connie's DNA has a daughter for Bill, that ain't happening.
Bwahaha, like button.

Seriously, that would be a great idea, Ashley! Until the whole 12 years thing kicks in....
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Samantha14 wrote:
whittaker96 wrote:
Bwahaha, like button.

Seriously, that would be a great idea, Ashley! Until the whole 12 years thing kicks in....
But Bill might not have wanted 2 daughters, so when Jules was like 2 or something he could have bribed a doctor to tell June that Jules had died in a freak car accident or something.
Striped Leopard
Cookies & Creme

Do you think Shona could pull off a voice that sounded like a woman as old as Connie?
Formerly Christian A. :)
Jeremiah 13:23
Ezekiel 36:26-27
Ephesians 2:4-10

God has done the impossible! He has, in effect, changed a leopard's spots into stripes! He turned me, one who was accustomed to do evil, into one who can walk in good works! He brought me to life from the dead and gave me His Spirit, in order to cause me to walk in His statutes! He has totally changed me, and it is all for His glory!
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

AshleyWhittaker wrote:
Samantha14 wrote:
Bwahaha, like button.

But Bill might not have wanted 2 daughters, so when Jules was like 2 or something he could have bribed a doctor to tell June that Jules had died in a freak car accident or something.
Wow, this is sounding more and more Soaplessly Devoted to me.

I'M FEELING PUNNY TODAY. :D

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ha ha ha, Josh.
Christian has a point, Ashley... a very fun idea, though. And we know Shona doesn't do a voice that old from the Official Podcast. We saw and heard Shona acting her part.
But possibly Connie does have a sister and it's not Shona after all. That, however, is a stretch.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury