Volume 56: The Grand Design

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Volume 56: The Grand Design

I downloaded it last night. So far, it's awesome. I'm really enjoying it. Have any of you guys downloaded yet?
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Aaron Wiley wrote:I downloaded it last night. So far, it's awesome. I'm really enjoying it. Have any of you guys downloaded yet?
no. I have no money. And I want to wait to get it in disc copy.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Alas, Wooton, I have no money either. But, my sis does, so she bought it. I have listened to 1/3 of it.
The Perfect Church is an Imagination Station Adventure.

Great Expectations also features the Imagination Station.
I love Marshall Younger as the "Whit when he first comes to Odyssey" At first I couldn't tell if it was Andre or Marshall. (Okay, I think that it was Marshall, but I could be wrong.
Why did Emily call Mr. Whittaker, Whit, in front of her Dad and Joanne?
Why is Jack in Scotland without Joanne?

For Three Dollars More is 3 (very similar) ROC adventures
The actor who played Lawrence plays older Matthew.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Godsgirl6153 wrote:Alas, Wooton, I have no money either. But, my sis does, so she bought it. I have listened to 1/3 of it.
The Perfect Church is an Imagination Station Adventure.

Great Expectations also features the Imagination Station.
I love Marshall Younger as the "Whit when he first comes to Odyssey" At first I couldn't tell if it was Andre or Marshall. (Okay, I think that it was Marshall, but I could be wrong.
Why did Emily call Mr. Whittaker, Whit, in front of her Dad and Joanne?
Why is Jack in Scotland without Joanne?

For Three Dollars More is 3 (very similar) ROC adventures
Cool. I wish i could get it.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm hoping to download it today. Which is your favorite episode on it so far, Aaron?
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

[quote="Godsgirl6153"
[/quote]

Yeah, no. That was definitely Brandon Gilberstadt, who played Jared. :D
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Aaron Wiley wrote:[quote="Godsgirl6153"
Yeah, no. That was definitely Brandon Gilberstadt, who played Jared. :D[/quote]

Oops, well, I knew it was an older character. :oops:

It is the episode, For Three Dollars More.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Quick Question: Is Camilla in any of the Album 56 episodes?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

The Old Judge wrote:Quick Question: Is Camilla in any of the Album 56 episodes?
Yes ma'am!
It also has quite a bit of Joanne, Jay, Ryan, and even a bit of Jason!
Jumpman256
Strawberry

Okay, so here's the deal:
If you remember, I recieved an Itunes gift card for my birthday--with the PURPOSE of it being used to get the digital version of Album 56. (My parents thought Itunes would have it the same day it came out) Because it didn't, we've done something unusual--I have now GIVEN all but $2.00 of my Itunes gift card to my family to split (the cost of the album)--and are now, as we speak, downloading Album 56 from Christianbook. I. Am. PUMPED. :)

(So, I was going to do reviews of each episode (with spoiler tags, of course) Should I do them HERE, or in a seperate topic?
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

It's a sick album dude! I just finished!

(Well, all but the last ep, but I saw the live show already)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ho-ooooooold it! Aaron... The Old Judge is a woman!?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Ha, I totally messed that up. I thought it was Godsgirl that I was quoting. haha, sorry.
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

I think i'm gonna wait for them to air and then get the CD. I'M SO EXCITED!!! AHHHHH!!! When is the CD gonna be out??
Last edited by EugeneforPresident on Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

What DVD?
They already said they're not putting one out of the live show...
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

Sorry I meant CD. Whoops.
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
Ben Warren
Chocolate Chip

Aaron Wiley wrote:It's a sick album dude! I just finished!

Of course I have my own opinion, but I'm interested in what others thought of that last episode. Did you not like it because you already saw the live show, or because of the episode itself?

Ben
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Ben Warren wrote:
Aaron Wiley wrote:It's a sick album dude! I just finished!

Of course I have my own opinion, but I'm interested in what others thought of that last episode. Did you not like it because you already saw the live show, or because of the episode itself?

Ben
(Anyone who chooses to continue to read this should keep in mind that I talk about the plot of a few episodes in the new album. You may want to skip past it so it doesn't spoil anything.)

Actually, in all honesty, I really with they hadn't put the last episode on the album. It didn't fit at all. It was fun for a live show, and really gave the cast some great opportunities to show off their talent, but for an actual AIO episode... Meh... It was just too far out there.

As for the rest of the album, although there were a few that didn't really stand out as "great" or anything, there were enough episodes that I actually enjoyed a lot that I'm still content to call this "the best album since the re-launch".

One episode I really wished they had worked differently was the episode "For Three Dollars More". I really liked both of the concepts they were using for the episode, but the fact that they used them in the same episode just ruined it for me. I would have loved the whole "ROC adventure not working properly" if that were the theme of the episode itself, and I really liked the fact they they were doing an episode about tithing as well. What I didn't like was how they just kind of wrote ten minute episode about tithing, and then tacked on the whole both Matthew and Connie trying to program the ROC, but it not working quite right. I think both of these concepts would have worked really great on their own, but together, they pretty much made the whole episode fall apart and feel really directionless and disjointed.

But as for the episodes I did like, I REALLY enjoyed the episode "The Perfect Church". It was an issue that they haven't really dealt with in AIO before, and also a story they never really took the time to tell properly in the past. The feel of the episode, the humor, and the way they worked around both of the stories without making it feel like they were just reading something out of a history book. I love Matthew, and Axe is one of my favorite books in the Bible, so it was all really a good combination for me. The new features on the IS are cool too.

I also really enjoyed "Home Again". It felt really reminiscent of some of the episodes from Volume 32 at points. That and the usage of Joanne and Jack throughout the album made the album feel a little more familiar to me. I also feel like I'm finally getting to know some of these new characters enough that I can enjoy the episodes without feeling like I'm following some stranger around in their life without getting to know them as a person first.
Jumpman256
Strawberry

It's an AWESOME album. My favorite is "The Perfect Church" though "Great Expectations" is really good too.
PS: What happened to the Inspiration Station?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Spoiler alert!

Aaron, I agree with what you are saying. I really enjoyed Home Again. It had enough of the old characters that I felt like I was back in old Odyssey, but they explained themselves enough that new listeners would understand too. I guessed what was going to happen with Eugene at the jeweler, but it was pretty funny. I also liked the scene with Wooton inquiring about Jason. I wanted to show my sister, so we listened to it late one night and had to laugh into our pillows. ;) All in all, I think that it was a pretty good album.