Moments of Tenderness

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Hence the title. :lol:

The Mortal Coil can sometimes get me as well, particularly the scenes with Tom and Whit and the scenes with Eugene. I wouldn't say that's one of the best episodes ever, (Walker Edminston would disagree) but I enjoyed the emotion of it.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Another "Moment of Tenderness" of mine is when Mandy runs crying to Liz's house. I teared up, but didn't cry.
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

That was heart wrenching. We don't own the album with those, so I fairly recently heard them for the first time on Whit's End. What an awful thing for Mandy of all people to go through. It really flies in the face of the lie children should just be able to handle divorce and move on.
I'll probably mention this episode on an article I'm writing for Mr. Thinker. If I ever finish it, it's coming super slooooowwwlllly.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I would have to say Recollections. It made me teary.... once.
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

Clara.. I think I really did tear up at that one the first time I heard it. I still get sad when I listen to it. Great episode though.
Odyssey Fan Wiley
God's little Artist
Caramel Crunch

A Most Surprising Answer almost got me to tears. Eugene's memory loss was frustrating as well as sad.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Now More Than Ever was quite touching, as well as Clara. Malachi's Message always inspires me, every time I listen to it. It doesn't make me cry, but who said moments of tenderness had to?
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

In home, sweet home, I was bawling, I mean sobbing like a little baby; in gone....... I was really nothing more than moist eyes, but now more than ever was me crying, not sobbing.
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Clara! Absolutely Clara.
Do you think emotion is key to a story? What exactly is the value of a tale that makes us feel emotion? I read one book on writing which said the sole-purpose of fiction is to instill emotions. If fiction fails to excite feelings, it is nothing.
I recently had a conversation with a my best friend ("real-life" best friend, not my dear pal Suzy) where we arg-ahem, debated- whether emotion could be a form of prayer, or loving. She arg- claimed, that love and prayer, being a choice, can't be emotions, as our emotions aren't choices. I couldn't resist pointing out that we can choose to to deliberately dwell on our emotions, thus turning them into actions, thus fitting her definition of love and/or prayer.
What do you guys think? Just what is the place of emotion in our lives? Can it be a form of worship? When AIO makes us laugh, or feel sad, or moved, are we in a way praising God?
I've heard it argued works don't have to create an emotion in order to be worthwhile. It just has to have a point. On the other hand, would Odyssey be interesting if it didn't create feelings of wonder, excitement, and discovery?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme
Location: Somewhere between Oz, Marus, Burke, Atlantis, Narnia, Tatooine, Chewandswallow, Avonlea, and Odyssey

Ok, heere are mine:
clara
the mortal coil, 1 & 2
recollections
gone
home sweet home
Oz the Great and Powerful is Great and Powerful!!!!