The Good in People

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.

Rating for "The Good in People"

5 Drama Festivals
50%
4 Scam Callers
13%
3 College Funds
25%
2 Church Fundraisers
No votes
1 Morrie Rydell
13%

Total votes: 8

Shadow
Peach Cobbler

The Good in People

I actually really liked this episode! It has great writing, Olivia was mature and not annoying, Morris was well played. 5 out of 5 and best of the "Rydell Saga".
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I agree that it was really good! I wish they would get on with this Morrie plot though!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Okat this rating system is confusing? Is Five Drama festivals good or is One Morrie Rydell good?
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

5 is best, 1 is worst.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
aioduck29
Vanilla

I think this album has been refreshing, at least for me. The Sandwhich Initiative was a bit rough the first couple listens, but so far this album had been my favorite album in awhile. I like character development which has been a huge factor about this album and I love it. This episode was very well written and thought out.
Bob
Caramel Crunch

The scene in this episode reminds me of one of the (many) reasons why I like Kelly Stables, and think it's a good thing whenever they release her from the goofier parts and let her really go to work. She does those poignant moments well and has ever since she came on the show. Most of it is fairly as expected, but at the point when she says, "You're right..." I get a bit teary.

There's also a couple of other fairly minor acting nuances that are interesting; Olivia sounds a bit like Camilla when she asks for the money back, an interesting sort of 'familial resemblance'. Morrie also says the word 'good' at the end with a certain awkwardness, as though he's not used to the word, which fits what we're coming to know about his character.

This isn't necessarily a plot hole, but it does seem a bit strange that they would stop doing the fundraising and rely totally on the phone call, which they candidly admitted sounded suspicious, after reaching the halfway mark. After all, if they made half the amount in a quarter of the time available, they could have kept going and presumably made the rest, and maybe even some to spare. And it seems the motivation for that would've been strong, since even if they didn't need the extra money, if they had more, they could splurge on a few extra unnecessary niceties, like maybe having a paid-for meal and not having to transport bread and lunch meat all the way from Odyssey ;) -- or else have the remainder after the trip to bolster the club's apparently limited finances. I guess they're still young, though, and maybe the extra work didn't appeal to them, or these logistical details didn't cross their minds. The fundraising scenes worked, though, as a veteran of many youth trip fundraisers. ;)

Rydell's mask is slipping off, a bit at a time. This episode leaves a few unanswered questions about his resources, though, which I hope we can find more about soon.
A classic never goes out of style.
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

I feel like you are the Shakspear or Gandi of the SS community. Tbh, I respect you.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith