Charlotte

Your membership into the Adventures in Odyssey Club grants you a special key! Here is the place to discuss all of the club exclusive episodes.

Would you give #844: “Charlotte” a Thumbs Up or a Thumbs Down?

:) Thumbs Up
100%
:( Thumbs Down
No votes

Total votes: 14

Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Did you listen to the right episode? This episode is heartbreakingly sad, Whit is played perfectly by Jim Custer, and Whit apologizing in the same way in the past as he does in the present was well acted. I would have replaced The Secret of the Writer's Ruse ( a garbage episode with some of AIO's worst writing of all time) with this episode. And why did you give it a thumbs down?
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

What's truly heartbreaking is seeing millions of children going blind and even dying from vitamin A deficiency. Which could be simply fixed but the human race is stupid and ignorant. Believing unfounded and false accusations and rumors. #4GMO

I am moved by things that affect me or someone else I love. Only fictional characters I truly care about are Nico Di Angelo and Noah Beck. Rarely does AIO touch my heart. It's hard to touch a heart that you can't find.

Also as for the Writer's Ruse, garbage or not, it's still your personal opinion. Plus even though it didn't meet your satisfaction, there was still hard work and money put into it. Have a sense of gratitude and give the writers a bit of respect.

Also, no proof I gave the thumbs down. :P
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

TheDoctor wrote:This episode was . . . Good, I guess. I mean, it was a good episode and all. But it wasn't astounding. The episode where Connie's mom died was way more sad. I didn't cry. I don't know if I'm just an unemotional critic, but I wasn't astounded.
I can see that. Upon a second listen I think some of the punch gets taken away, but I still think it was a good episode.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Scientific Guy wrote:
aioduck29 wrote:It was probably one of the best episodes ever! I really wish I could get these club episodes on a cd. Everyone else is really missing out if they're not in the Club. Oh and I'm now on here, Lee.
Hey there! I was disappointed to hear what Bob said about that in the last meeting, but I have an idea. Maybe a package could be created and each Club household is only allowed to purchase one copy, to make sure they have limited circulation.

CraftyViolinist
Caramel Crunch

TheDoctor wrote:This episode was . . . Good, I guess. I mean, it was a good episode and all. But it wasn't astounding. The episode where Connie's mom died was way more sad. I didn't cry. I don't know if I'm just an unemotional critic, but I wasn't astounded.
I agree ;)
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote: I would have replaced The Secret of the Writer's Ruse ( a garbage episode with some of AIO's worst writing of all time) with this episode.
TheDoctor wrote:Also as for the Writer's Ruse, garbage or not, it's still your personal opinion. Plus even though it didn't meet your satisfaction, there was still hard work and money put into it. Have a sense of gratitude and give the writers a bit of respect.
Yeah, I would appreciate it if you weren't so loud in your opinions. It's ruining the appreciation I have for that episode, and I truly enjoyed it. I was let down with the ending, but I liked the writing and the storyline (Morrie!!), but when you call it "garbage" and "some of AIO's worst writing" in an authoritative way, like it's obvious that your opinion is right, it makes me feel bad. Could you tone it down, please?

Peach Cobbler

It's my opinion. Please let me be me and let me express my opinions like I usually do.. And it is garbage in my opinion, not in yours. You can like it all you want because it is YOUR opinion. So calm your face ( ;) )
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

"Rather, speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ" —Ephesians 4:15

And this isn't even about the truth; it's about an opinion. Tact and diplomacy shouldn't really be optional for anybody, but especially not for us as believers, and it certainly isn't on this board. We do not allow people on this board to continually railroad and trample over others just to express an opinion. You have the right to say you didn't like something, but you do not have the right to be rude about it and to ignore other people when they tell you they don't appreciate it, and if this kind of behavior continues, mods and administrators will respond accordingly.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

This was a great episode, probably the best in the last couple years. My only problem is that they keep stacking so much on Whit's past.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

MonkeyDude wrote:This was a great episode, probably the best in the last couple years. My only problem is that they keep stacking so much on Whit's past.
Very true.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith