Sir Buddy's Snowy Day

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Sir Buddy's Snowy Day

I expected to write a scathing review for this one but it was actually pretty enjoyable. https://odysseynerds.wordpress.com/2018 ... snowy-day/
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

It was! They did a good job of revising one of my favorite episodes(Snow Day). I really enjoyed it!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

First off, I will respect anyone's opinion.
Second, I think that you might have made a mistake... because:
:clap: 5 out of 5!
Jay:
*Jay is back from NZ
**"Didn't your mother teach you never to pummel defenseless bushes?"
**"Don't you know anything about how girls work?" "Nope!" "What do they teach you kids in school these days?"
**Jay didn't use that reasoning in "Mistaken for Good"
*I thought that Jay was in the tree... maybe HE WAS!!
*"Oh, hey! It's bush boy!" "Izzabuhhingweeh!" Buddy is elated so he doesn't notice
*"So why don't you just apologize to her? She lives next door to me, she's nice!" "You're not paying attention, DUBBY!" "It's Buddy."
**"Burly" during the joust
*Zoe's insults of Jay
*Snowplow
**"I'll be right here, wringing myself out, thank you very NO!"
*The rapscallion / knave named Smouse
*"And although I would rather report that the chase involved charging steeds and armies of clashed swords, it was little more than two winded youths with snow in their boots."
*Jay: "I just don't wanna show you how in shape I am!"
*Jay starts the crying blame game in front of Olivia
*Jay and Buddy are good foils

*Music was absolutely fantastic; played in excellently to the first scene
**Just kidding about Your Honest Opinion, Please
*I loved the narrator! I think that Ralph Lister is his name
**He keeps saying that dialogue is imaginary
*Wonderful sound effects
*Great theme, infatuation has not been covered enough on Odyssey
*Seems like a classic Odyssey kid episode

'Twas a repeat of Snow Day
*Gumper's Hill!!!
**Olivia: "One kid went all the way down and landed in the pond, I heard!" It was a creek
**Where did he get the garbage can lid?
**"A new epoch in the notable history of Gumpers' hill had been written."
*So Jay IS taking a milder form of Rodney

*Too bad that Buddy's an introvert
*With the thundering sound of:" "Hey Buddy..."
*The basement
**"Uh, maybe sledding would be fun!"
*Sir Dad

*Mrs. Parker: cocoa for me

*I love Buddy
*People keep mentioning that he zones out
**Matthew (I didn't think this story was that boring)
**Jay (I'm spilling my guts out to you and you're drifting off)
*Buddy's dad's great

Infatuation:
*Very pretty scene but funny at the same time
*"Buddy's feelings sang out like a male chorus:" O... livia...
*"And though here real utterances held less verse and flair, Sir Buddy's heart did not seem to mind." "AAAAGH! There's a snaaag in this scarf already!"
*Dope, Olivia! You crushed Buddy's heart! (Or maybe Jay actually did it)
**And I thought she liked him after the tree
**"Sir Buddy the Hunk!" "Hunk..." "Did you say 'hunk'?"
**"With one fell stroke, the fair lady Olivia was far less fair..."
*Buddy is quite transparent with Mrs. Parker and his dad
**"She's something." "Oh, she sure is, Mrs. Parker. Your daughter is a gem among common stones." (Sample)
*Again, this demonstrates Buddy's innocence at heart
*He can't think of anything besides Olivia being pretty and nice; Eva Parker has very good insight
**But he completely misses the point
*The last scene makes me wonder, COULD BUDDY BE THAT FICKLE???
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

The throwback to Snow Day was a highlight for me.( That being one of the first episodes I ever heard and what made me fall in love with AIO)

Buddy is just so...eh
*Finger guns aggressively*
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Have any of you heard this one yet? If so what did you think of it? I felt like it was one of the most boring ones they have produced :boohoo: . I was hoping it would be better but there was almost no plot. If you haven't listened to it here's the link to it. It's a long link.

http://www.whitsend.org/radio?_ga=2.239 ... 524091157#
CraftyViolinist
Caramel Crunch

Katie10 wrote:Have any of you heard this one yet? If so what did you think of it? I felt like it was one of the most boring ones they have produced :boohoo: . I was hoping it would be better but there was almost no plot. If you haven't listened to it here's the link to it. It's a long link.

http://www.whitsend.org/radio?_ga=2.239 ... 524091157#

https://welcometoodyssey.wordpress.com/ ... snowy-day/
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

The best part of it for me was the throwbacks to the original 'Snow Day', which was always one of my favorites as a kid.
*Finger guns aggressively*
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I liked the throwbacks to Gumper's Hill (basically anything about Odyssey's geography interests me tbh) and the style of writing.
What I thought was interesting, is that the moral came out of seemingly nowhere. I wasn't expecting them to write an episode referencing that Song of Solomon about awakening love, I really wasn't, because I thought Buddy was around nine. I'm guessing now he might be eleven, or twelve? Closer to Matthew's age. Was anyone else thrown off by this? And I'm not saying you can't ever develop a crush before reaching yoiyr early teens, it just confused me.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Patterson
Strawberry

I didn't like this one the first time I heard it years ago (idk why) but I thought it was pretty good when I heard it today. The narration was great. Although it referenced Snow Day, it still felt like it's own episode. I think it would be fun to create a theory about metal trash can lids being mysteriously drawn to Gumper's Hill though. It was great how Buddy just went Nope! when Olivia didn't like the book series. Drives me crazy when people claim books like The Lord of The Rings are slow and boring. Ya want boring, try unabridged Don Quixote, some parts are hilarious, but most of the book is just bad poetry.

I'm so glad Buddy didn't go full bore Don Quixote in this episode. Buddy was obsessed with knights, but he still seemed to have a grasp on his surroundings. For the most part that is. Buddy did completely miss the point of what Mrs Parker diplomatically tried to explain. He did basically the same thing with Olivia as Don Quixote did with "Dulcina of Toboso" too, creating a fictional lady love out of a girl he barely knew. It was nice that Buddy's imagination was more grounded than some of the imaginary scenarios that they've done with Buddy.

I wouldn't have related with this episode as a kid because the theme was having a crush on someone (I'm more in the school of "Have you tried telling her to get lost and then throw mud on her?" :mrgreen: https://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/The_Trouble_with_Girls ) but it was a decent episode anyway.
jubihm09
Vanilla

After I heard Snow Day with Alex and Cal, I can never bring myself to like another episode like it! This one was okay, and I did like how they made Buddy's imagination part of the story.
Stephen P
Vanilla

This has definitely been one of my favorite episodes, and the music is fantastic. I especially like the music and narration as they go down the hill. A stark contrast to the music-less way they handled the hill during "Snow Day." Both were very well done, but this one is my preferred one between the two.