It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Rewinding the Big Picture
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:59 am 
Caramel Crunch

5 out of 5 on every level!!!
I know that Naomi's just going to come in and say that it was awful, but I just listened to it and here's my rating:
    Story: 5 out of 5
    Writing: 5 out of 5
    Acting: 5 out of 5
    Music: 5 out of 5
    Sound design: 5 out of 5
The music and sound design specifically were PHENOMENAL! Lilly Mae Stewart was an excellent new Camilla Parker, and I wanted to almost cry at the end. Nothing was lacking, the pacing was perfect, and I am stunned, able to rate nothing less than :clap: 5 out of 5!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Rewinding the Big Picture
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:13 am 
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Scientific Guy wrote:
Lilly Mae Stewart was an excellent new Camilla Parker,

I haven't listened to the episode, but I didn't know they had gotten a new voice for Camilla...goodness. They need to go back to what they did when they couldn't get a voice anymore, the Parkers should finish their run and we should get some new families.

It's one thing to completely replace actor of the main character of the show once every 10 years..but minor kid characters? This is just getting ridiculous.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:20 am 
Cookies & Creme

Scientific Guy wrote:
I know that Naomi's just going to come in and say that it was awful, but I just listened to it and here's my rating:

Why thank you, Lee! :twisted: I'm listening to the episode right now so we'll see if you called it or not 8) Haven't formed an opinion yet. About five minutes in.

Edit:
JUST TO SPITE YOU MAN! I liked this episode! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Typing up a review right now.

Edit again: here's my review: https://odysseynerds.wordpress.com/2018/01/01/review-of-rewinding-the-big-picture/
SOLID 9 dude

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:32 pm 
Caramel Crunch

This episode was a total breath of fresh air, compared to the recent releases. I really enjoyed it!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:17 am 
Pistachio

It was great, if all AIOC episodes are this good this year, we have no worries

Online Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:08 pm 
Chocolate Chip

Belle wrote:
It's one thing to completely replace actor of the main character of the show once every 10 years..but minor kid characters? This is just getting ridiculous.

It's easy to lose track of how long people have been around, but the fact is that none of the Parkers are exactly "minor kid characters" at this point. All of them have been in more than 30 episodes, with Matthew in particular close to becoming the most frequently used male kid character (and some of Jimmy's appearances were from after he had grown; if we count their appearances as just kids Matthew's already there).

Another thing to consider is that most of the voice actors or actresses they get sound very similar to the old ones. When I first heard the new episode I thought Camilla sounded maybe a little older, but I didn't know there had been a switch in the actress until after I heard about it from someplace else. It's one thing if you're recasting Pete in Kidsboro with Seth's voice, but most of these changes have been pretty subtle and you can easily tell that it's the same character. With that in mind I don't think it makes sense to scrap a character that's been around for a number of albums and has gotten a fair amount of development.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:34 pm 
Cookies & Creme

Bob wrote:

With that in mind I don't think it makes sense to scrap a character that's been around for a number of albums and has gotten a fair amount of development.

Agreed. Replacing voices for major characters- as has been the trend with Odyssey, they just write them off the show. None of the Parkers have been too "major", but Bob is right, they have a good thing with these minor-major characters and replacing the voices makes the most sense.

Offline Profile