Mistaken For Good

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Mistaken For Good

Mistaken For Good is an awesome episode. \:D/ Post your thoughts below. :D
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
AioFan7
Strawberry

I think so too. At least Jay has a conscience! I was afraid he didn't have one. Guess I was wrong!
13:16 Numbers of Hope
The Way of the Cross leads home!
Below are websites that I own:
https://theadventuresofsupermikegame.weebly.com

https://platformbuilderfansite.weebly.com/
I love the Christian audio drama Kids Corner! Check it out here: http://odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3479
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

I was always confused by the second-to-last scene, where Jay says, "Maybe you should get your purse now, Mrs. Wilson," and "Well, if they're a-givin' it to me, then I'm not a-givin- it back!" It seems like those lines would be what Vance would say instead. :?
Bob
Caramel Crunch

That's one of the more subtle scenes of the episode, so it's easy to imagine how it'd be misinterpreted.

In this scene, Jay is attempting to get out of the deal that Vance has forced him into, with the additional objectives of 1) not antagonizing Vance, and 2) still taking Vance down with him.

Vance would never say those lines because Vance is smart. He knows that other people are watching and that the deal would be up (not to mention he'd get in trouble) if they found out.

So, Jay decides that the best way to achieve his goals is to act clueless and directly ask for money, in front of everyone. He still gets in big trouble, but at least the blame is split with Vance, and it achieves everything else he wanted. There's definitely no more taking money from Mrs. Wilson, and while Vance is a little upset, he's willing to take it at face value that Jay really is that stupid. If it's Jay's ignorance instead of malice that sabotaged the plan, it's a lot easier to 'forgive' him and not go to the trouble of 'making his life miserable', because after all, it's his (Vance's) own fault for attempting to use 'a moron like Jay' in his sinister plots to begin with.
A classic never goes out of style.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Well said. One of the best examples of when Odyssey let's you read between the lines when it comes to characters. Sometimes they're too explicit about what a character is doing or feeling that it breaks the illusion of reality. (And it's not as fun) I've always loved how real this scene, and really the whole episode is.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse