New Episode Ideas

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Re: New Episode Ideas

Kaida wrote:I like your idea about an episode on insecurity. I volunteer with the middle school ministry at my church and a lot of the girl are insecure. An episode on insecurity would be great! I wonder which character they could use for that topic...
I also like your idea on Bible stories. A lot of the episodes I liked were the episodes with Bernard telling Bible stories to some of the kids in Odyssey. They should definitely do more Bible story episodes!
I wanna hear more of the history episodes too. I really thought the episodes on Sergeant York were amazing. I thought they should do one on William Wilberforce or Amy Carmichael
They did do an episode on Amy Carmicheal already.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Kaida wrote:I think I know which one you're talking about. I liked that one but I wish there was one that was centered on her.
yeah. That would be cool. Another one that would be cool is George Muuler
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Oh NO. Another topic on this!? Anyway, suppose Barrett uses Camilla to tell Priscilla about his feelings for her, because he's too nervous to do so himself. But Camilla has no idea what any of the messages mean, and is getting more and more confused as she is sent back and forth between Barrett and Priscilla. Camilla's confusion is making the messages more and more garbled until Barrett and Priscilla are furious with each other, both believing they've been told horrible things from the other... when it's really because Camilla is utterly confused.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Okay... Barrett gives Camilla a message saying "Could you please tell Priscilla I, uh... kinda... That I have feelings for... When she saw Valerie trying to kiss me, it wasn't my idea.. that I wish we could... spend more time together... one on one? Valerie, ah... it's over, really."
Camilla to Priscilla: "Barrett asked me to tell you... something about... he feels he wishes Valerie could kiss him and they'd be one on one, he's over with you. .... Or something like that."
Priscilla: "^%$!#@!#$%@!"
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

That is amazing.

Here's another one:

Priscilla: Camilla, tell Barrett that I really have a burning passion for him and, though Jay is hitting on me, it means nothing to me.
Camilla: Barrett, Priscilla said she wants to burn you with a passion, and that it will mean nothing to her. OH! And Jay is hitting on her.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

I think they should have an episode with Richard Maxwell!!! HAHA!!
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme
Location: Somewhere between Oz, Marus, Burke, Atlantis, Narnia, Tatooine, Chewandswallow, Avonlea, and Odyssey

MORE PASSAGES!!!!!!!
Oz the Great and Powerful is Great and Powerful!!!!
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

I think there should be some more episodes on purity, maybe a few on bullying and yes, insecurity would be a good one too.
whittaker96
Caramel Crunch

Eventually, the Odyssey team should tackle drugs and alcohol. Sadly, there were some kids in middle school who started that kind of lifestyle - who are in the age range.

Liking the Barrett/Priscilla ideas...

Everett Meltsner gets kidnapped! LOUDLY EXCLAIMED EUPHEMISMS ESCAPE ME! Eugene, Katrina, and Leonard to the rescue...'cause Everett's being held for ransom and they can't tell anybody.

Hand Up returns!

Wooton meets a homeless family and bonds with them.

Some episode with Ryan interacting with other members in Odyssey besides Kidsboro peeps, the basketball/baseball team, and his little tinkerer's club.

Some action/adventure/mystery show with Connie, Wooton, and Ryan (since Penny's out of town visiting her mama).

An Asian family comes to Odyssey. If necessary, Coach Chang Fang appears, and awkward encounter ensues since he's an OBC (Overseas Born Chinese, with an accent) and they're an ABC (American Born Chinese). Possible racial conflict?

The return of Kidsboro!

Man, I could go on...
Come take a humorous, modern look at Odyssey, reviewing, discovering, and applying w/ Out of Control in Odyssey and Candid KOnversations! Join the odyssey to find the real Odyssey.

http://odysseyoutofcontrol.blogspot.com/
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

Odysseygirl101 wrote:MORE PASSAGES!!!!!!!
I would love that too!

@Suzy Lou, bullying would be a great episode!

-- Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:17 am --
whittaker96 wrote:Eventually, the Odyssey team should tackle drugs and alcohol. Sadly, there were some kids in middle school who started that kind of lifestyle - who are in the age range.

Liking the Barrett/Priscilla ideas...

Everett Meltsner gets kidnapped! LOUDLY EXCLAIMED EUPHEMISMS ESCAPE ME! Eugene, Katrina, and Leonard to the rescue...'cause Everett's being held for ransom and they can't tell anybody.

Hand Up returns!

Wooton meets a homeless family and bonds with them.

Some episode with Ryan interacting with other members in Odyssey besides Kidsboro peeps, the basketball/baseball team, and his little tinkerer's club.

Some action/adventure/mystery show with Connie, Wooton, and Ryan (since Penny's out of town visiting her mama).

An Asian family comes to Odyssey. If necessary, Coach Chang Fang appears, and awkward encounter ensues since he's an OBC (Overseas Born Chinese, with an accent) and they're an ABC (American Born Chinese). Possible racial conflict?

The return of Kidsboro!

Man, I could go on...
Wow, you got a lot of great ideas. :)

An episode about drugs would be pushing the envelope for Odyssey, but I think it's a good idea. It might be controversial, but it is such an important topic.

I want to see Everett again.

Oh Hand Up! :)

I would love it if they made an episode about the homeless. I know they have mentioned the homeless before but never meeting them face to face. And Wooton would be the perfect person to bond with them.

An episode about racial prejudice/race would be great.

Kidsboro would be entertaining too!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

They did an episode about bigotry before. Lucy goes to this little town, and is prejudiced against because she and Connie are "sitters" or city folk.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

Oh, I think I remember that episode, now that you mention it. :)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

They already did an episode about drugs. The Twilife Zone. But did you mean drugs in middle schools? I think that might be pushing it. Like I said in the Barret and Priscilla topic, Odyssey wants most of its kid characters to be good role models, so Barret or Matthew taking drugs would not set a good example, even if AIO made it clear that it was a bad decision.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

They only mentioned drugs briefly at the end of it. The chicken could stand for other addictions as well, such as the internet (YouTube :p). Some kids might not pick up on that reference as much as if drugs was an obviously stated subject. If they were to make another episode about drugs, I would hope they would use one of the "bullies" such as Vance. I would hate to see anybody use drugs, but especially not Barrett or Matthew.

-- Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:02 pm --

To follow-up with my previous comment, CreativeThinker, I discovered that they did make another episode about drugs, "Sixties-Something." I didn't realize that until about a half hour ago. It had more of the direct approach to drugs that I was thinking of.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I've heard that one. It's not about drugs, it has many main messages, including letting your beliefs evolve, not resisting the urge to believe everything culture throws at you, etc. Possibly, the biggest running moral theme was "the sixties were bad, so let's not buy into them." But drugs was a very major theme.
One thing, Mr Thinker. I can think of one character who I bet you'd love to see taking drugs...
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

True, but drugs was mentioned a little more in that episode. There hasn't officially been an episode about it, but these two are the closest that I can think of.

:o
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I forgot about Sixties-Something, too.

And PF, come on! Just because Liz annoys me doesn't mean I want -
Don't worry, I'm kidding. I love Liz!

Emily taking drugs would make me dislike her character all the more. It would be a horrible way to end her character.

Hey guys, how's this for an episode idea? Emily is so annoying that her parents put her up for adoption! Great, huh? I'll send it to the writers! :twisted:
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

CreativeThinker101 wrote:I forgot about Sixties-Something, too.

And PF, come on! Just because Liz annoys me doesn't mean I want -
Don't worry, I'm kidding. I love Liz!

Emily taking drugs would make me dislike her character all the more. It would be a horrible way to end her character.

Hey guys, how's this for an episode idea? Emily is so annoying that her parents put her up for adoption! Great, huh? I'll send it to the writers! :twisted:
that's an epic episode idea
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I know! Do you like it, PF?
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm just going to remain silent on what I think about this idea, Mr. Thinker, because you already know what I'd say anyway...=P Ha!