Episode 801: The Feud of Mason County

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.

What do you think of this episode?

Loved it!!!
33%
It was OK.
25%
Pretty Lame.
17%
Hated it!!!
25%

Total votes: 12

Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Episode 801: The Feud of Mason County

This episode just released on the OAC and I'd like to know what you guys that have heard it think!
I think it was funny, but I really want more on Penny and Wooton. This episode had nothing to do with any thing it was just an outta the blue episode, funny, but had no Penny or Wooton in it!
Proud K.R.E Member
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I really enjoyed this episode! Whit was just wonderful. I don't know about you, but did he seem a little more pre-hiatus? I really loved that they brought Red back too, I missed him. I feel like we got some good character development for him especially in the scene where he was talking to himself. (that was fantastic)
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Ya Red really makes it funny!! But I don't like to think of him as a replacement for Bernard :cry: That's just sad!
Proud K.R.E Member
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Bleh, this episode was awful. Someone posted on the facebook group about it, and I knew I wasn't going to be looking forward to it. What is with all of these overtly redneck stereotypes? It was awful. As the poster on the facebook group said, it would have been much better as a BTV episode or something instead of supposed to have actually "happened"...
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Why is this in a album? It would have made more sense to have Things Not Seen on this Album instead of this.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Didi
Cookies & Creme

I feel like this was irrelevant. Like, how does this episode relate to past and present AIO?
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I know right. I gave this only a half star for that reason.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Hilarious. I love a good obligatory Hatfields vs. The McCoys episode. It's one of the best Loony Toons, one of the best mlp's, and it's an excellent aio episode.

There's something so fun about familiar cliches unapologetic-ally hammed up, it makes for such memorable lines. This isn't a direct quote as this episode was awhile back, but: "When men start getting ideas, that means trouble." The stereotypical-country-ized Bible verses were to die for. "It also says, y'all be a horde o' vipers!" It's always fun to see Whit in an active role and especially one involving the Bible. Actually, have we ever had an episode centering on Whit and how he sees and uses the Bible vs. misuses of it? As crazy as it is, with how central Whit's Bible knowledge is to the show, I don't think we have.

The moral was an unusual and gutsy one. The Bible can be misused and misunderstood, and is. It can cause conflict rather than stop it. That's not something Protestant fiction usually addresses.

Anyhow, I laughed. A lot. And will listen to this one several times more.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I would agree with all of those points. I love it when aio exaggerates a moral dilemma so we can see it on a broader scale before experiencing it on a less out-of-control scale later. Like when they replaced drugs with a talking chicken. It was a goofy slash creepy episode that may have been unrealistic but completely got their point across and in the end it was very effective.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

I loved it! I have always loved Red Hollerd! Their names are Scottish. I thought that was really cool because I am Scottish. My ancestors go as far back as the Mayflower!