Things Not Seen

Your membership into the Adventures in Odyssey Club grants you a special key! Here is the place to discuss all of the club exclusive episodes.
Jumpman256
Strawberry

Things Not Seen

Yet another reccomendation for the new OAC episode. We meet a new character in this one-- I already like her. :)
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

IT WAS ALL A DREAM HAHAHAHAHA WHAT A TWIST!

Nahhhhhh. I mean, it was OK, but it wasn't really awesome.
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Just heard the preview for this episode yesterday. So wish I could listen to it, but I'm not in the OAC. :(
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

It was an interesting episode, well done and it did give me some feels at the end but I'm a little confused as to why they brought in the character of Renee in the first place. She seems kind of useless. The first time I heard about Renee I described her as a perfect mix of Eugene, Connie, and Whit. She's smart, computer savvy, a girl, fun, and Scottish! Why would you do that?! I'm just mostly confused. It will be interesting to see what they do with her in future episodes.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Note:This was planned for Album 60:Head Over Heels.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Autumnal
Chocolate Chip

I'm sorry but I kind of hated this episode. I mean, I wanted to like Renee when she showed up but the more I listened to it, the more I disliked it. Rant here...
Renee lost faith in God because her pet died? Seriously? If she was a little kid and not a full-grown adult, it would be more forgivable, but really? That's one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. I lost a pet that meant the world to me and I was literally there when she was born when I was SEVEN. I didn't once even question my faith in God because of that. The only thing that I could see working was that she grew up in a Christian environment (which is very, very different than being a Christian) but was on the fence about it. Her losing her pet dog just put it off for her because He didn't come through for her.

And not only that, but the example Whit gave her was moronic. And he kept her in the imagination station without her permission. This would be more okay if it was with someone he knew well and personally, but NO, Renee is a complete stranger who says that faith is useless. So to prove his point, he locks her in a machine to give an example for where faith fits in? That's...creepy. Whit would have NEVER done that. He'd have never tried to shove his beliefs down another person's throat like what he was trying to do to Renee in that episode.

All the characters were painfully out of character as well as Whit. Just so they could drown you in badly-demonstrated morals. Connie and Eugene could be explained away since they were AI, but that doesn't excuse Whit. In the situation presented, that was a horrible way to show someone who doesn't believe in faith acknowledge that faith can be useful. What Whit did was manipulative and not in a good way.

I still liked Renee, though. Until "A Forgiving Heart," came along and I lost fifty IQ points. What were they smoking when they wrote these episodes?? Did they forget to take their smart pills that morning?
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

We need to move this topic to the episode study.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: