Conundrum in "The Day Independence Came"

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

Conundrum in "The Day Independence Came"

At the end of "#033: The Day Independence Came" Whit quotes something that Benjamin Franklin had said in Irwin's dream in Frankli's voice. I'm pretty sure that that was supposed to be hinting at something, but I can't figure out what. Can anyone help me with that? :?
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I...never thought of that.

O)O

It could be just a joke by the writers? I don't know...
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

I'm pretty sure it was just a joke. :P
xo eht haiasi-
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Chocolate Chip

I think you mean the line poor fellow. Both characters were played by Hal Smith so I am sure it was a joke.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Yeah, I don't much like that cliche though. You know it's not real, but then, nudge nudge, wink wink, or was it? It's so sitcommy and reminiscent of lame Christmas cartoons and comics featuring the everpresent Santa ending. Just because Miracle on 34th Street pulled it off doesn't mean everyone can.

So yeah. AIO normally has a firm line between reality and alternate realities. Maybe it was just meant as an inside joke with Hal Smith as suggested. Either way it didn't really work. Good episode, though! Fun to see a history nerd, even for one episode. Why does aio have a monopoly of science nerds? Still waiting for a fiction-book nerd!... And waiting.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury