Castles and Cauldrons

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Castles and Cauldrons

What did you think about it?
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Emuman
Caramel Crunch
Location: Traveling throughout space and time with the Doctor. AKA My house in Illinois

It was weird because I had played exactly what the lesson was against: Dungeons and Dragons. But, I wasn't getting all obsessed with it so it kind of left me pondering about people's obsessions and was glad that I wasn't obsessed with Dungeons and Dragons seeing as though meetings with my friends weren't that often.
Emuman
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

A great episode. One of the few times AIO has really had the guts to bring up an important, controversial topic and go over all sides of it (though it is a kid's show, so this couldn't be done too often). The Dr. James Dobson message at the beginning was smart, because it not only told kids this was gonna be one heck of an episode, it also added to the gravity (seriousness) of the show. Len was quite an interesting character, and I always thought it would be cool to bring him back. And this is also where the character of Jimmy really starts to develop into more than just another kid. Overall, it's intense, it's serious, it's complex, it's frightening, and it's Odyssey. That's all I have to say.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I love this episode. Partly because it scared me as a kid. :)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I know it's weird, but the night I heard it I couldn't fall asleep because the scene where they camped outside in the storm creeped me out.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Novatom wrote:I know it's weird, but the night I heard it I couldn't fall asleep because the scene where they camped outside in the storm creeped me out.
It was creepy though. Partly because it was one of the few times AIO pulled back the veil to show us the side of spiritual warfare that we don't see.

dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

I really liked Castles and Cauldrons because of the suspense, although it was a serious lesson to learn.
Whitfan
Strawberry

I loved it. But was glad that Len got the help he deserved. No kid should get into a role playing game like that ever.
"Don't give up on your faith. Love comes to those who believe it. And that's the way it is."
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I tried to listen to this several years ago. Call me a wimp if you want, but I was scared when they got to the scene with Len getting Jimmy into the game to fight giants or whatever. That scene spooked me to the point I stopped listening. I've never heard the end of the episode. I always tell myself I need to go back and finish it, but that has not yet been accomplished. :(
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

Hey its airing right now go listen
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Thank you for the information, but I do have the episodes on CD. I can listen to them anytime I want. I just never get around to it. Just like some people's New Year's resolutions. :)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

After I listened to Castles and Cauldrons the other night before I was going to sleep, I had a dream about people who were getting possessed by a demon.... You could get possessed just by touching them and this sand-like stuff would swirl into them--
It's funny how many times I've listened to that episode and it still creeps me out.

Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Gross, Ameraka. xD

~~~

It seems as though I've posted about this episode before, but I guess not.

I really like this episode. I'll need to listen to it again, because it's been a couple months since I've heard it. But I like the scariness factor of the episode. Also it was a very good lesson to learn. Though I don't think I would want to go through it. :/

I haven't really heard a scarier episode since The Mysterious Stranger. O.o
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I wouldn't even listen to Mysterious Stranger when I was a kid because it scared me so much. :) "Beware" *shiver*

Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Mysterious Stranger. Creeped. Me. Out.

Although I probably won't listen to Castles and Cauldrons while going to sleep, I enjoyed it. I agree with Ben, I liked the scariness factor and it is very good lesson to learn.
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Oliver
Cookies & Creme

awesome episode one of my faves!!!!
LOTR IS AWESOME
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

I haven't yet listened to it, I only got in to say that I was listening to AIO with my little sister, and clicked (whitsend.org) on that one to listen to it, and as soon as I heard the announcer guy say that it isn't intended for kids under a certain age, my little sister put a really weird face on (shes that type of person) and started begging for me to let her listen to it (she is that type of person too, she is scared REALLY easily and has nightmares a lot, and always wants to do things she knows she shouldn't) so I didn't let her.
And a day later, she asked my dad to turn it on for her (tricky huh?) and same thing happened again with him.
SO I can't wait to listen to it! as soon as a I have the chance!

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

better do it quick its going off
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

mama mia! you're right, I think I will do it right now! and when im done, I will edit this to tell you what I thought.

EDIT 1: JIMMY HAS A COUSIN!?!?!
EDIT end of pt. 1:
Whoa, intense, not what I expected at all!
Very nice! very good writing indeed!
EDIT end of pt.2:
Very nicley done! really enjoyed it! not very AIO usual style, and I think I should have some of my friends listen to it (not like they are christians or any thing, )
a few nights ago my mom was talking about that type of game because of an article she read about those types of games, and she asked me if I play any games like that (mostly online ones), and I just started laughing.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Nicely summed up, Mr. Thinker. I really had very little idea role playing games could do that... still though, anything can lead to bad. My uncle plays role-playing games incessantly. I played one with him, it was absolutely delightful.
So, normally, it would seem nothing like what happened in the episode is a potential problem. Still, it was a well done show.

EDIT: I have since rejected the opinion stated here due to Tiger Shadow's following posts. It was a poorly done episode and RPG games are harmless.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury