Album 60: Head Over Heels Discussion

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Album 60: Head Over Heels Discussion

Wellll, the first episode was released today on the OAC.
Fairly predictable really. Another episode in the timeline of Penny and Wooten. Penny's family was amazing. They complemented her character very well. \:D/
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Not outstanding, to be sure. But still enjoyable. I liked how Penny's family had the weird one (penny) and the sane one (whateverhernamewas) it made for some interesting stuff.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Okay, so apparently we are putting all this stuff in spoilers, even though I'd hope fans would be smart enough not to read this if they don't want to be spoiled. :roll: I guess the subject title could just contain *spoilers* instead, but whatever, I'm cool with that.

Just a warning, I mostly go through a summary of the episode, so this isn't just a "minor-spoiler" spoiler.
So, "Words from the Wise." A pun. In the title. *sighs*

I thought the episode was mainly okay, although it was a tad disorganized as a whole. It started out alright, they introduced what was going on (as expected) and had random Wooton comments about writing on himself, but it was all good. Then, we meet the Wise family and find the parents are rather goofy like Penny is... and there's also the classic "ditzy-sister, genius-sister" relationship between Penny and her sister, Charlotte. The family was about as I expected from Penny's family, other than the sister, of course. I expected the story mainly to be about how the parents love Charlotte, and are only meh towards Penny. It's weird how I was wrong and right at the same time. =o

Anyway, we get a lot of talking between the family and Wooton... as expected in an audio drama about them. And then we get the restaurant scene, which seems entirely pointless and ridiculous to me. However, I guess some people may find it humorous (?), so I guess it's in the episode. And then we leave the restaurant and *gasp* MR. AND MRS. WISE WON'T LET PENNY GET MARRIED. :mad: And then we hear a compliment list from Wooton, and then more talking and the Wise parents' opinions of Penny, Charlotte, and Wooton. Then, we find out it's all good. YAY! And he moral of the story is about appreciating others and being yourself... somehow that snuck it's way in.

Overall, the story was meh. Especially the restaurant scene. You'd think Penny would tell her parents about the marriage right away but, I guess not. And, I'm getting really annoyed by how AIO keeps having important conversations in the volume of "yelling." (*cough* "WE WANT TO GET YOUR BLESSING FOR OUR MARRIAGE!!!!!")

The moral was a little tacked on, but it wasn't awful, I guess.

And now Wooton and Penny can get married. I'm rather surprised that this has been resolved in one day, but at least it is not like the terrible two-plotline episodes we've been having recently. >_> So, yeah, good, but I thought an episode on this would have been better.
xo eht haiasi-
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Decent, I guess. I thought the tuba thing was kind of ridiculous, sorry not sorry.

I really don't like Matthew's new actor.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

*disagrees with SirWhit*
I actually thought, considering, the actor for Matthew did great. I mean, we will never get that perfect voice again, and this actor actually sounded very Matthew-like.

The tuba thing was a little ridiculous and a bit out of character for Olivia, I thought.

But overall, I really enjoyed the episode. A true Parker classic. ;)
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I thought he sounded like a clone of Gunnar, except maybe 2 years younger and more flat and boring.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

I see the topic has been changed from "Album 60: Head Over Heels Speculation" to "Album 60: Head Over Heels Discussion". It hasn't been released yet, has it??
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Connie G. wrote:I see the topic has been changed from "Album 60: Head Over Heels Speculation" to "Album 60: Head Over Heels Discussion". It hasn't been released yet, has it??
It's been released on the OAC, which is why we are all talking in spoilers. :P And I think there are two topics ?

Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

You're thinking of the other forum where we were speculating what would happen. It is airing in the OAC right now and will be airing on the radio next spring.
AIOrocks101
Strawberry

My thoughts on "No Cause for Concern", Album 60's third episode:
Yes! Wellington is back! This is great! I've been waiting for this for a long time. This episode definitely gave off a "The Return" vibe, which I loved. My brother and I were quoting "The Return" a ton while listening to this. I do have one complaint. We haven't heard Whit yet in this album! I want to hear Whit. :mad: If "Between the Lines, Parts 1-2 are Whit's only episodes in this album, that's dumb.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Eh, not super excited with this album so far. Woot, a Parker "classic" would be great if I liked the Parkers. :P But, I don't.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Is it me or are the Parkers getting a seriously disproportinately large amount of airtime compared to the other families in AIO?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

SirWhit wrote:Is it me or are the Parkers getting a seriously disproportinately large amount of airtime compared to the other families in AIO?
Wait, there are other families in Odyssey? O_O
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
AIOrocks101
Strawberry

SirWhit wrote:Is it me or are the Parkers getting a seriously disproportinately large amount of airtime compared to the other families in AIO?
Well, right now, besides the Jones Family... There are no other families on AIO.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

The Jones Family needs to be focused on, with at least two episodes an album starring them, and secondary or cameo appearances in at least one more. There has always been one main family on Odyssey (Heavens, the Barclays held that title for years.), but to not display the home lives of anyone else, or at least have a back-up option, is risky. I've thought about this for the last two or three years.

Being marketed by the Dootone label, this B-side song became an early doo-wop hit. (1954)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I was disappointed that the new mystery was solved in one episode. I was hoping for a new villain or return of an old villain but...
By the way I thought the tuba part was funny!!
Proud K.R.E Member
AIOrocks101
Strawberry

The Old Judge wrote:The Jones Family needs to be focused on, with at least two episodes an album starring them, and secondary or cameo appearances in at least one more. There has always been one main family on Odyssey (Heavens, the Barclays held that title for years.), but to not display the home lives of anyone else, or at least have a back-up option, is risky. I've thought about this for the last two or three years.
I agree that Odyssey should not be "All Parkers. All the Time." A problem arises with doing Jones Family episodes. Barrett Jones isn't around anymore. His last episode was "Repent After Me" (Vol. 57, 2013). Now, FOTF never came out and said anything, but it's probably because Andy Pessoa's voice changed. I guess they couldn't find a good replacement, so they just had him quietly slip away. Andy Pessoa is now 20 years old. They can't do Jones Family episodes without Barrett. This also limits what they can do with Emily. They need to introduce more kid characters, and keep using ones they already have, like Ryan Cummings and Brian McCarthy.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I think they should bring in some of the Kidsboro kids. Another family you guys forgot is Eugene, Katrina, and Buck.
Proud K.R.E Member
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Umm, Barret's voice has basically changed already. In Repent after Me, his voice was a little deeper than in A Game for a Mystery. Plus, if Andy is really 20 years old now, it is very unlikely his voice changed at 18, or even 17. If anything at all, the main part of his voice change was happening when Take it from the Top was being recorded. After researching Andy for a second, I wonder if has been too busy acting in movies to be on AIO, but I really have no idea.
xo eht haiasi-
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So I finally got around to listening to the last two episodes on the album....
No Cause for Concern was mildly entertaining. Bringing Wellington back was a great idea, I just feel they could have done more with the episode itself. Especially since we have heard a lot from Penny and Wooton lately. As for The Case of the Ball Cap Hero, I am not neccesarily an Emily fan, but I enjoyed that one. Maybe cause I got to hear Buck again, and some characters other than just the Parkers. :inlove: And I am totally liking the new Matthew. \:D/ Very legit. :yes: