OAC Episode Discussion

Your membership into the Adventures in Odyssey Club grants you a special key! Here is the place to discuss all of the club exclusive episodes.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

I think they should find a new actor for Bernard.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

John Henry wrote:I think they should find a new actor for Bernard.
I second that.
Girls just wanna have fun!
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

Old Judge this comment made me laugh!

You have a good point Jumpman256.

Ever since I was 4 or 5, I had a routine. I would get my stuff done at 7:30, and sit in my room and listen to Odyssey from 8:00 to 8:30. Every Night! Then our radio station switched owners about a year ago, and now the station doesn't have AIO on AT. ALL. Ever since then I just listen to my own albums, or listen to the new ones on Whit's End on Saturday.

Now I noticed that Whit's End doesn't even keep all of the episodes that they've aired over the past few weeks! Probably because of the club.

I don't get the OAC club, and I don't really like that they have all the "extra items" that Odyssey fans never had before. Unless they were alive when they first were released. But I have to admit that Jumpman, you are right. They probably are struggling financially and the money can help them. I don't know how many people actually get the club, but I'm guessing quite a few. I wish it were different.
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Bwahaha. xD

Thirty Days Hath September was the best OAC episode yet.

And even a pretty good episode, outside of OAC.
I loved see Jay grow in this episode, loved him talking to his Elvis doll... xD
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I thought his letter was cute!
Proud K.R.E Member
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Micky wrote:
I thought his letter was cute!
To me, the letter was probably the part of the episode I didn't like. If I was a kid, getting that letter, I'd think it was pretty strange. Obviously, I know it's Jay we're talking about, but I wish he had been more personal in it, somehow.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I also like the Mr. Soft belly? No one can't like that!
Proud K.R.E Member
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Wodfamchocsod wrote:
I second that.
No. The best thing about Bernard was the way he was brought to us by Dave Madden.
Wakko
Pistachio

Mr. Whit's End wrote:
Wodfamchocsod wrote:
I second that.
No. The best thing about Bernard was the way he was brought to us by Dave Madden.
Agreed no else could be Bernard but Dave Madden.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Wakko wrote:
Mr. Whit's End wrote:No. The best thing about Bernard was the way he was brought to us by Dave Madden.
Agreed no else could be Bernard but Dave Madden.
Ditto. Very true.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Someone else for Bernard its bad enough they found a new voice for Whit (it is starting to grow on me)
Proud K.R.E Member
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

Anyone here have the O.A.C.? I just got it because of the 1$ first month. It. is. So so so so so so so so amazing
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
DredgeAmazing
Cookies & Creme

I don't think it's worth it persay so I'll pass for now. But never say never.
LIVE in color, but 1968 color nonetheless
--A very misguided Panasonic viewer
TigerShadow wrote:
I think Disney should focus on making their line more ethnically diverse instead of focusing on more white girls.
I know Martin is smiling down.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

What it's doing to the show the show stinks though. Every episode is pushing a charity, and it shows. The artistic quality suffers dramatically. After all, they're commercials. This can work, as with Mutant Ninja Turtles, mlp, and heck, previous AIO episodes. Or it can show painfully and stink, as in The Smurphs and as here. Yes, Adventures in Odyssey, full of missionaries and mission trips and charities. This is absolutely the show you know. Odyssey should address such things. And it has, more than once. But the two OAC albums so far (we're going on the second one currently) flagrantly give inordinate attention to charities and missions to help those overseas. Namely half or more of the entire album!
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
GabrielleFandomGirl
Fudge Marble

We knew originally that the episodes would be focusing largely on charities...
"What-ever."- Pound Foolish

E.R.K.

"Why are you cutting a table with a chainsaw...?"
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

We knew, that doesn't change it's an awful idea. It makes the episodes unbalanced in focus and contrived.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

So I thought we could discuss the episodes from OAC. I don't know how many of you are on the OAC but I would like to know what you think.

I like the new episodes lesson but the story it's self isn't so great. It was nice to Jeff again but he had only a tiny role. I was also glad to Whit out on the mission field!

Should this be in a spoiler?
Proud K.R.E Member
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I have to admit, when I first saw that this month was another isolated village missionary story..I wasn't excited to listen to it. It seems like those episodes are overdone, but that could just be my opinion.

I would have just skipped it..but my OCD doesn't permit me to do such a thing. :P

*sigh*

It had a good message, and it was good to see some character development with Jason though..
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Wasn't the main premise of this (person tries to disrupt people bringing the Gospel through superstition) the exact same premise as the one where Eugene and Katrina go to Africa?
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Yep. Plus it's kinda cliche anyway. The troublemaker sabotages things to fool the superstitious natives into thinking the gods are angry because reasons. Plus, because these are overseas in-the-midde-of-nowhere adventure episodes, they focus a lot on one dimensional conflict, specifically physical peril.
Matthew is nearly swept away by a river. Wooton and Jeff, on a plane trip, encounter a blizzard. A branch snaps and Jason falls. Yeah, breaking some new ground there.
Like you, Blondie said, you bond somewhat with Jason and his character got a little broadening. And ditto whoever it is said it's good to see Whit in field. But yeah, doing missionary episodes over and over is by definition repetitive. Also, worse, not aio.