OAC Episode Discussion

Your membership into the Adventures in Odyssey Club grants you a special key! Here is the place to discuss all of the club exclusive episodes.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Mara wrote:Despite how I dislike the OAC Club, I tried out to be a host for it yesterday at FOTF. I got a call back and I'm going back today!
:o Woah, cool!

My sister was thinking about auditioning, but we didn't have enough time. How many kids were there?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Mara
Pistachio

God's Girl wrote:
Mara wrote:Despite how I dislike the OAC Club, I tried out to be a host for it yesterday at FOTF. I got a call back and I'm going back today!
:o Woah, cool!

My sister was thinking about auditioning, but we didn't have enough time. How many kids were there?
Maybe 60-65. More than I was expecting.
I went to callbacks and they were more fun then yesterday. Their were about 35 kids there today. The scripts were much better and more easy to ad-lib. They decided to have a third callback next week, so I'll have to look out for an email soon.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

My. OAC. Stuff. Came. This might be one of the best days of my life. I put the bumper sticker on the wall next to my bed. xD
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Rosy
Cookie Dough

That's awesome, Mara! Yeah, I wanted to audition, but the night before, I got a black eye. =P So much for that.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Jumpman256
Strawberry

Well, look who's returned from the dead.
So. The OAC.
I was on the fence about this thing for a looooooong time. What convinced me to try it out was, ironically, something my church got for free--a subscription to RightNow Media for the entire church, which has a boatload of stuff that is on Jellytelly.com. So, I said to myself, "Okay--we'll drop the JellyTelly Subscription, and let's give OAC a try."
Now, I don't own a large percentage of the Odyssey albums, so that's already a HUGE point in OAXs favor, but you know what I HAVEN"T seen listed as a plus yet by anyone?
All the bonus features from the albums are on the OAC. The videos you have to put the CDs in the computer to see, the bonus Live Shows and extra episodes--they're ALL there. That is a BIG selling point for me. The new episodes are very well done so far as well. So far, I'm a fan of the OAC--though if I was an avid collector of the albums--yeah, I can see why the price would seem steep. I am a fan so far, though. :)
Wakko
Pistachio

They dropped the price of the first month to five bucks if you use the promo code OAC. We at least get the first month for cheaper. They sort of listened to our suggestion about the cheaper first month. Maybe we can get them to change the price to five dollars a month, every month. :twisted: I might actually try it out for a month now!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

What does everyone think of FOTF finally releasing the Harley episodes for the OAC? Would this influence anyone who does not have the Club to consider joining? And does this make the Club more enjoyable to those who already have it?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

The Old Judge wrote:What does everyone think of FOTF finally releasing the Harley episodes for the OAC? Would this influence anyone who does not have the Club to consider joining? And does this make the Club more enjoyable to those who already have it?
I LOVED that they added the Harley episodes. Now I have only 2 episodes (both "lost") to listen to yet, and then I will have listened to them all. :D
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Awesome as having all those episodes sounds, isn't it a hair overwhelming? Having so many virtual copies located in the same place? And does it ever make your computer crash? (In case you all haven't noticed yet, I'm one of the OAC wet blankets. More like dripping-soaked-through blankets.)
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

It's streaming off of a remote server, so it shouldn't cause your computer to crash.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Pound Foolish wrote:Awesome as having all those episodes sounds, isn't it a hair overwhelming? Having so many virtual copies located in the same place? And does it ever make your computer crash? (In case you all haven't noticed yet, I'm one of the OAC wet blankets. More like dripping-soaked-through blankets.)
So you're complaining about having too many AIO episodes in one place? Overwhelming? More like awesome. I'd think the Great PF could find an argument a little more convincing ;) ;)

no crashes here.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Jumpman256
Strawberry

The more they add, the more I think the price is worth it.

Just added: The ENTIRE Last Chance Detectives series--video and audio. :)

-- Thu May 01, 2014 4:31 pm --

PF: You can only stream one episode at a time. That won't crash your computer. :)
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

How large was the Last Chance Detectives series? And, does anyone know the number of how many have signed up for the Club? (i.e., Is everything going well financially with the OAC?)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Jumpman256
Strawberry

Three videos, three hour long audio dramas. 6 hours of content in total.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

LCD only consisted of three audio dramas? I thought it had a few albums to its credit.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

When I had my sample of it, I know it ran real slow. The reason for that was it loads all the episode data at once. I just find it frustrating that they are pushing it so much on the podcast and then I can't hear it. Though I will say they probably made the right choice in finding a replacement for Zach. Just from yesterdays preview, the family sounded odd compared to 2010.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Zach's replacement isn't as bad as I thought it might be, actually. I'm surprised. Am I the only one who almost mistook Matthew's voice for Katrina?
Jumpman256
Strawberry

Old Judge: Nope--only 3 to my knowledge. :)
Mr. Whit's--if you're talking about "Mission: Unacomplished:" Chris still lists Zack in the credits--so I'm assuming that's still him. :)
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I take it that Mission: Unaccomplished is an OAC episode?
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Mission: Unaccomplished is an OAC episode and is also Zach's last episode with AIO.