The Imagination Station VS Revisited

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

The Imagination Station VS Revisited

With Easter coming up, I'm rather curious which version of The Imagination Station you think is better.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Hmm, I haven't heard either in awhile, and they're really the same thing, just one with Kelly and one with Digger Digwillow. I prefer Kelly, so I guess I like The Imagination Station: Revisited better. I'll have to listen to them again sometime.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Blitz
Moose Tracks

*Shrugs*
Been a long time since I listened to either.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I can't speak to preferences, not having heard the first one in a long time, but I like "Revisited" a lot. Kelly's one of my favorite characters, and I like that "Revisited" is not only a great standalone ep, but also a strong and positive conclusion to her character arc, and a great way to close out the fiftieth album. :)
Last edited by TigerShadow on Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

When I was younger I liked Dave Arnold as Jesus, but to be honest, I really can't stand his acting anymore. For that reason, if for no other, I prefer the new version.
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
Paula
Peach Cobbler

I listened to The Imagination Station Revisited earlier today, and I was rather impressed with it. I myself, as I am still a bit young, don’t really care for Imagination Station episodes, but I liked this one. The one part where she’s trapped in the IS, and is going through all of the doors, seemed so real to me and it really is a good reminder for us as Christians to realize how much Jesus went through for us.
So yeah, I liked it :D
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

therealpaulajarvis wrote:I listened to The Imagination Station Revisited earlier today, and I was rather impressed with it. I myself, as I am still a bit young, don’t really care for Imagination Station episodes, but I liked this one. The one part where she’s trapped in the IS, and is going through all of the doors, seemed so real to me and it really is a good reminder for us as Christians to realize how much Jesus went through for us.
I used to be a little scared of the thing with the doors and that robot lady just repeating that thing over and over about "go threw the door with the red button" or whatever. That part seemed kinda unnecessary if you ask me.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Novatom wrote:
therealpaulajarvis wrote:I listened to The Imagination Station Revisited earlier today, and I was rather impressed with it. I myself, as I am still a bit young, don’t really care for Imagination Station episodes, but I liked this one. The one part where she’s trapped in the IS, and is going through all of the doors, seemed so real to me and it really is a good reminder for us as Christians to realize how much Jesus went through for us.
I used to be a little scared of the thing with the doors and that robot lady just repeating that thing over and over about "go threw the door with the red button" or whatever. That part seemed kinda unnecessary if you ask me.
I can see that part(the monotone creepy voice saying the same thing over and over...) being unnecessary, but it also portrayed Jesus suffering on the cross, and the torture He went through for us. So that part I think was necessary.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
Happy now?
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

The original is good, but Digger is its weak spot. He's a bad-bad boy who accepts Jesus and transforms into a good-good Christian. If there's a painful Christian media cliche that needs to go, it's that one. Even the writers have no interest in him. Understandable, because once he's converted out of his flaws there's so little character left. They used him in one more episode, constructing interests and traits from scratch, then dumped him. AIO shouldn't behave like Seth.

Kelly, by contrast, as Tiger pointed out, is fulfilling the end of a satisfying character arc. And Kelly was never entirely a jerk to begin with and is by now a largely lovely person. The door scene is terrifying and perhaps too much for some sensitive young imaginations, but besides being suitably dramatic, more than that it's suitably heart wrenching. Also, all this being an accident is a bit more comfortable than Whit merrily sending Digger on his way to first hand witness a murder.

The IS Revisited all the way. If there's an episode that showcases how far the writers have come, this is it.
Last edited by Pound Foolish on Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

But we must remember, the AIO team had approximately 20 years to iron out the kinks in the IS by the time Revisited rolled around. Though I haven't listened to either of them in a good while, I would give The Imagination Station my vote for not only being the original, but for also showcasing for the first time the powers of the imagination, and how truly heart wrenching the death of Christ was.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Well yes, it was the first especially powerful I.S. adventure and yes the team was inexperienced and yes it actually did an excellent job of telling an extremely familiar story in a moving, caring way. But only the last of those is a compliment to the episode itself. I'm not saying it's bad, but as far as the episodes' content goes, Revisited is superior.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

...This is the only time that I will ever agree with PF, quite possibly.
KeyBladeWarrior
Cookies & Creme

I actually listened to the Imagination Station Revisited first, but after listening to both I much more enjoyed the Revisited. Unlike some other on here, I especially liked the scene where Kelly tries to exit the machine and every time she does she sees more of the crucifixion scene. I think it just made it seem more real to her what Jesus went through.
Emma
Peach Cobbler

I think I enjoy the Revisited better. It seems more realistic (even though none of it is) and definitely more believable.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Paula wrote:
Novatom wrote:
I can see that part(the monotone creepy voice saying the same thing over and over...) being unnecessary, but it also portrayed Jesus suffering on the cross, and the torture He went through for us. So that part I think was necessary.
How did that portray Jesus suffering on the cross?
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Novatom wrote: How did that portray Jesus suffering on the cross?
The voice itself didn't portray Jesus suffering on the cross more so when Kelly was trying all the doors, and then she'd see each of the different scenes from Jesus' crucifixion, but the voice did add to the whole situation.

Welcome back by the way ;)
Happy now?
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Revisited is so much better. Here is my reason. In the original they have a character we didn't know and was never developed. But we know Kelly and she was developed well.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

That's a good point. Kelly's situation also feels much more serious. A 10 year old foster child that we've come to know and love, struggling with the most important decision of her life, resulting in walls being broken down around the charcter, giving us a deeper understanding of Kelly, after listening to an entire episode, through which we were rooting for her and hoping she makes the right choice. On the other hand, with Digger, we feel like we're forced into being interested in a snobby tween who is just lazy and has falsely interpreted the Bible as something that is uninteresting. Though Digger's story may be more relatable to some people than Kelly's, I always end up annoyed by Digger's crying and crying with Kelly as she and I are both forced to hear Jesus' helpless screams of pain. One is just more captivating than the other.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

I know,right. We knew Kelly already which made it more powerful.

Last bumped by Shadow on Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:11 am.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: