Album 59: Taking the Plunge Discussion

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
DredgeAmazing
Cookies & Creme

SirWhit wrote:Ah yeah. That does make sense. But it's AIO, so weird things happen to people there all the time :)
Novacom was wierd. I Slap Floor was weird. The Nagel/Grimm fiasco was weird. This is by no means weird.
LIVE in color, but 1968 color nonetheless
--A very misguided Panasonic viewer
TigerShadow wrote:
I think Disney should focus on making their line more ethnically diverse instead of focusing on more white girls.
I know Martin is smiling down.
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

It is really weird that Jay went to Hollywood, but I wonder if this was AIO's way of telling listeners that Jay will not be back. I agree that if he left for good, AIO would lose a great character.

Uhg! That is sad to hear about Buck; it really did sound like he was beginning to turn around in a better direction.
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Hey guys, Jay's not gone. He'll be in one of the upcoming OAC episodes, according to Clubhouse.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

His voice was in a Kids Radio production
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

YASSSSS thank you Paul McCusker!!!!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

So that's not referring to Tale of a Foolish Puppet, Posy?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

I don't know what Rosy was referring too, but I was referring to a Tale of a Foolish Puppet.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Yes, that is what I was referring to. But it came out after the episode that said Jay was gone, so I figured that he'd still be around. Perhaps I thought wrong. *shrugs*
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Listened to album 59 today. My faith in AIO has been restored. This album did not at all suck.
It laid out what commitment really means concisely and neatly.

There was no "beating around the bush" like album 58 did.

Mr. Whittaker's 2 minute dialogue about God's idea of families and acceptance with Connie at the end of Let's Get Together said everything that album 58 tried to say in 14 episodes. And probably the most spiritually correct dialogue I can remember from ANY AIO episode. I am very pleased with album 59.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Nelson, what do you mean by "beating around the bush"? Would you be referring to the care with which they dealt with the homosexual issue, or the lack of throughly explaining Olivia/the Parker Family's desire to work together more as a traditional family unit?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

*mutters* Both of which they did on purpose...

That's not addressed to you, OJ, it's purely that people actually do object to those things as you know. :)
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

People object to what things? Sorry for my causing trouble. I asked you to clarify on your response to what I asked Nelson to clarify. :)

I have a friend whose name is Mary. Her boyfriend constantly calls her "My Mary." To her disdain, he insists on taking her for rides in his 1982 Oldsmobile. (1905)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I think he means that people have objected to both the vagueness concerning the homosexuality issue and the lack of depth in the Parker story, the former of which he, Marvin D., and I had a long discussion/war about on the ToO.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I was referring to the entire album. All the topics in album 58 were spread over 14 episodes. Each lesson could have been dealt with in 1 to 2 episodes. The 7 different story lines were hard to follow.

I got more out of album 59 in six episodes than I got from 14 episodes of drivel from album 58. Cohesiveness was not one of album 58's strong-suits.
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

Plus there were a few "red herring" stories in the mix.

I can't wait to listen to Album 59 any longer! Everyone I've heard says that this is a really good album!
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Okay, I caved and bought the digital album. (Mostly so I could listen to the rest of the story about Buck Oliver aka my problematic fave)

I'm really enjoying this so far! I'm on "A Big Commitment", and I really like where the Penny/Wooton storyline is going with respect to the proper way to go about marriage and all of the implications and consequences of married life. I'm also enjoying the Eugene storyline; I'm loving how AIO is able to seamlessly incorporate modern technology into the show, especially since it gives our resident tech geniuses something interesting to do.

(Edit: I just heard the Penny/Wooton scene in Hal's Diner and it's the sweetest thing I've heard in this show in a long time. And for those of you who are wondering, no, I would never, ever think of imagining a similar scene with Trent and Mandy; that would be utterly ridiculous and unthinkable behavior from me.)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Now you have me looking into buying it. O.o

I am excited to hear that Buck and Eugene are involved in this album.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Mara
Pistachio

I was very pleased with this album. I pre-ordered it and I must say I like this packaging much better. Breakage is less likely \:D/

Spoilers
What were your thoughts on Penny's reason for coming to Odyssey?
I did not expect this. In fact, I had never really thought about her origins. I think a great episode for the future would be bringing Devon back to Odyssey. Just temporarily for a business trip or something of that sort. It would be interesting to see how Penny would handle the situation and how Wooton would react.
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Okay, maybe I heard wrong, but I don't think Jay ever left for Hollywood...
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

I cannot find anything on AIOWiki about him leaving, though I heard that as well. Does anyone with better connections know what's up? His most recent episode was Pinnochio: The Tale of a Foolish Puppet, which was released on the OAC in August.

(I looked on the episode count at AIOWiki, which says he appears in 32 episodes, but only 31 are listed. This typically means he will be in at least one more. Now, will that be an already recorded Club episode, or in Album 59? I do not know.)

This song, another by Irving Berlin gained a newfound popularity when it was featured in the Bing Crosby musical White Christmas. (1919)