Album 58: The Ties That Bind Discussion

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Can we talk about how in today's episode, Wooton answers a fan question about a relationship by saying that a serious relationship would "change a character too much"? Seems the AIO team is being very self-aware lately.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

What now, Tiger? I'm behind the times. Make use of our spoilers and tell me what happened, if you please.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Nothing major in the spoiler department. Wooton was answering questions at his fan panel at Comic-Connellsville and was asked why the character with the potential for a "serious relationship" with Captain Absolutely ended up being sent to Germany. His response was that being in a serious relationship would drastically alter the character and so the love interest was written out of the comic—apparently, she got an opportunity to specialize in her field. ;)
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I guess they are trying to shut up the rumors about Jason, Jeff, and Connie. There must be a spy among us.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Blitz wrote:I guess they are trying to shut up the rumors about Jason, Jeff, and Connie. There must be a spy among us.
I think it's actually a reference to Mitch.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Okie
Caramel Crunch

You can listen to all 14 shows on faio for free RIGHT NOW!!
http://www.faio.org/page6.htm
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Does anybody else get a real strawman vibe from Miss Adelaide? She honestly seems like more of a mockery of what she claims to believe than someone who actually upholds those ideas.
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

Susannah13 wrote:You can listen to all 14 shows on faio for free RIGHT NOW!!
AHH!! I can't listen to it!

Here is what I thought:
I think the Jay went a little too crazy when Buck showed up. And why do people keep going over that Buck's been in jail? He really is trying to change. I think that people should stop worrying about how they are going to act around him and just start talking to him.

Wooton proposed to Penny!!

Hmmmm....with all the refrences to Connie getting married, it just could happen soon! I hope so!
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

trueAIOfan wrote:And why do people keep going over that Buck's been in jail? He really is trying to change.
Makes sense to me. You kind of answered your own question—Buck has been in jail. There is a considerable (and arguably reasonable) amount of stigma against criminals in our society, and since Buck was so young, that makes it even worse—he's fourteen and he's done things that have gotten him incarcerated. People are going to be wary around him, especially people who don't know him very well, or who, like Polehaus, aren't the forgiving type. I'm not saying they're right to be judgmental or to spread rumors about him, but all of them shouldn't be realistically expected to handwave everything he did, especially since many of the people suspicious of him are kids who have no idea how to handle a reformed criminal who is their age.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

truAIOfan wrote:
Susannah13 wrote:You can listen to all 14 shows on faio for free RIGHT NOW!!
AHH!! I can't listen to it!

Here is what I thought:
I think the Jay went a little too crazy when Buck showed up. And why do people keep going over that Buck's been in jail? He really is trying to change. I think that people should stop worrying about how they are going to act around him and just start talking to him.

Wooton proposed to Penny!!

Hmmmm....with all the refrences to Connie getting married, it just could happen soon! I hope so!
First they have Penny/Wootons wedding. Unless the do a double wedding! I didn't notice references to Connie getting married. Please name some?
Proud K.R.E Member
Emma
Peach Cobbler

I didn't recognize any references to Connie getting married. But it could happen.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Sameriazx wrote:
I didn't recognize any references to Connie getting married. But it could happen.
I didn't catch that either.

Please please please not to Jeff. That would be too....easy. He comes from her past and all of a sudden they fall for each other and they get married--all because he's her First Love and now he's a Christian so there are no obstacles!

yes it's partly because I want Jason/Connie but it'll take a lot for me to warm up to him, perhaps never enough for me to really want him for Connie.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Emma
Peach Cobbler

I hope she marries one of the three:
Jason
Mitch
Jeff. Maybe they'll marry her off in the next album.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

To be quite honest, I don't think Connie's going to get married anytime soon, especially because A. Her mother's death - They're not going to have her get married soon after that B. The Wooton/Penny thing - Connie's romantic life isn't going to interrupt or overshadow theirs, I don't think AIO would do that.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I think so to. I mean they can't do it now really. It would be weird.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

I noticed The Ties that Bind is cleverly arranges a saga, and social issues together. So far, marriage, the Sabbath, and another (Mr. Whittaker's conversation with Miss Adelaide).
Wakko
Pistachio

John Henry wrote:
I noticed The Ties that Bind is cleverly arranges a saga, and social issues together. So far, marriage, the Sabbath, and another (Mr. Whittaker's conversation with Miss Adelaide).
That's kind of the point of the whole album. ;)
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

I guess it's not really hints to her getting married, more like her having kids.

I found about two: When Connie opens the trunk and finds out that her Mom was keeping those papers for her kids. And when Connie was talking in the 1st or 2nd episode about how her mom wouldn't be there to see her kids.

I do agree, if Wooton and Penny did get married it would be too soon, for Connie to get married right after that
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

truAIOfan wrote:
I guess it's not really hints to her getting married, more like her having kids.

I found about two: When Connie opens the trunk and finds out that her Mom was keeping those papers for her kids. And when Connie was talking in the 1st or 2nd episode about how her mom wouldn't be there to see her kids.

I do agree, if Wooton and Penny did get married it would be too soon, for Connie to get married right after that
Those were the only references I noticed too.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I was just wondering what everyone (everyone who listened to the whole album, that is) thought of my review of it on JAAIOB. I'm starting to kind of regret the harshness I reviewed it with, so I would appreciate it if you could confirm or deny my regrets. :)
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.