Album 58: The Ties That Bind Discussion

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

I hope they don't cut out anything! That last episode was sooo sad, but hooray for Hugo Wells!
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Ok, ONCE AGAIN I've read spoilers and now I hate myself. Grr. I MUST LISTEN TO IT.
Maybe I'll stay up until 2 am listening to all 14 parts.
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

Grrrr. You guys are lucky I have enough self control to keep myself from opening spoilers.
I know most of you guys have already listened to a lot of it, but for my own speculation, since I haven't listened to any episodes except the first, maybe things being tense in the Parker family is because perhaps the Parkers are dealing with relatives or friends who are gay? just a thought, no spoilers pleeeeease.
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

I MUST NOT LOOK I MUST NOT LOOK I MUST NOT LOOK

But srsly, I can't get on the OAC right now and it is KILLING ME. And of course I go through the topic that has spoilers. I CANNOT RESIST SPOILERS.

*exits before the caps overtake her...or she opens a spoiler*
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Ok, so I've listened up to part 4, and
THE DOCTOR WHO REFERENCE IN PART TWO OH MY GOSH. AND THE STAR WARS REFERENCE IN PART 3. I DIED.

Jules teaming up with Vance?! Really?! I can't wait to hear where they go with this.

I don't know why Wooton is slightly uncomfortable with Hadley, he acts just like him, in a weirder way...

And the Parkers are acting very un-Parker-like.
Speed Surge
Vanilla

:jason
im a member of the oac club, and having heard this discussion, I will bow out. but u guys are thinking well!!!???!!! ;) ;) ;) ;)
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

OHMYGOSHNESS I THOUGHT THEY WERE JOKING ABOUT WOOTON PROPOSING OMYGOSHOMYGOSHOMYGOSH. WHAT.

Seriously, what the heck. O.o Did I miss the part when Wooton and Penny started going out? Normally dating happens before marriage proposals. Granted, those two aren't normal. xD
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Reddo
Strawberry

Audrey wrote:
OHMYGOSHNESS I THOUGHT THEY WERE JOKING ABOUT WOOTON PROPOSING OMYGOSHOMYGOSHOMYGOSH. WHAT.

Seriously, what the heck. O.o Did I miss the part when Wooton and Penny started going out? Normally dating happens before marriage proposals. Granted, those two aren't normal. xD
They have know each other and been hanging out for a few years now, I almost asked my wife to marry me before we dated
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

I have guy friends who I have hung out and been friends with for a looong time. Doesn't mean they're going to propose :p Granted, I am only 15 and 3/4 xD
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

(I listened to part 6 last night)
So this is the second time that they've mentioned Connie's future children... are they building up to something for Album 59?
And I think Jules is jealous of Connie's mum.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Joy, it's a joy to see you on again. It's refreshing to have people as sweet and charming as you around. Annnnd it's nice to see you as well, Audrey.

I sympathize with you, Joy, and that's a good theory.

Alrightyroo, finally. In sort-of-brief:

1. You should have seen us when Connie said her famous line in the first scene. We all laughed so hard we had to pause. "Did I hear that? Did I just hear that!?" In fact, I don't think I've laughed that much in months and months and months, I couldn't control myself. And my sister was hugging Arka'n to hold herself up.

2. Jaun has a new voice? Oh well, it's a pretty good voice. Hooray for the Meltsners and Buck!

3. Gunnar Sizemore will need take a lot of growing on me. I'll eventually adjust, but honestly, despite sounding a bit like our tinkering tween, compared to the last Matthew, he sounds like he's half asleep. Matthew after a sugar crash.

4. It's great that they're tackling the whole family social issue, and it sounds like they're doing it very tactfully.

5. I adore the Comic Connelsville scene. And hearing you-know-who pop up. I freaked.

Anyhoo, this was just a very fun episode and something entirely new and different and I can't wait to see how all these many plots subplots all pan out and they were all so gracefully started without feeling rushed or confusing, it kind of reminds of the first act of Up, and... AAAAH! Here it is, weeks and weeks after the episode was released, and I'm still fanboying as I write this. Odyssians, let us rejoice!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I bought album 58, and so far, my reaction is: O.o :D \:D/
Whit!! Y u collapse??
Hadley is guilty? What?!
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

My MIND is BLOWN!!!
Jules came back! Eugene & Katrina adopting Buck! The Jones & Parker Detective agency with Harlow! Wooton proposing to Penny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mind=Blown
As you can see, the usually reserved and decorous Arkán is "fanning out".
D'AAAAAAAH!!!
**Woo*ton-8_*&*#P*@enn#*y*O_0o-O0_o!!!!
*whew* *pant*
o_0
Okay.

Technically, Eugene & Katrina haven't adopted Buck, things could still not work out with them. And Penny technically hasn't accepted Wooton, and things could still not work out with them. But things are looking good. If Penny accepts, she will have finally gotten Dreams by Constance some business.
And the family and ideas themes of the album are something that have been in great need of being addressed, arming kids against the inundation of immoral propaganda. They have done a fantastic job. And there were many other great themes, like it being okay to be somewhat attached to your stuff, all that God has made is good.
It was magnificent.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go finish freaking out.
~ Walker in Dreams
Emma
Peach Cobbler

I can't wait until album 59!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/ :D :P :lol:
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Audrey wrote:
WOW. I don't have oac membership and I kinda wish I didn't read this and I kinda am glad I did. Part 2 is playing on the Official AIO site this satruday and that is as far as I have gotten!!!! OOOOHHH MY!!! SHOCKER!!
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
truAIOfan
Cookies & Creme

Audrey wrote:

OHMYGOSH!!!!! I can't believe that Wooton would propose!!!! That was so fast! And Whit colapsed! I knew something would happen with all the hints in Life Expectancy, and the first episodeTies that Bind
“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.” -Corrie Ten Boom
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Wootons house burned down soooooooooooooooooo sad :cry:
Proud K.R.E Member
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Am I the only who thought this album was REALLY BORING?! Omygoshness.

Here are my thoughts:
1. Pacing was really slow.
2. WAY too many subplots.
3. It was really hard to understand the point of the album until like the last episode. Even then, my mom had to explain it to me. And even my mom had trouble explaining it and had to think about it for a minute. xD
4. Just felt kind of sloppily put together, story wise. (Sound designers, you do no wrong.)
5. There was only like one good spoiler in the ENTIRE album.
6. I totally called everything that would happen before it did. Very predicable story. Jules being the Perilous Pen. Hadley burning down Wooton's house. Hadley having ulterior motives. Can't remember anything else. Kind of forgettable. Though I didn't call the Wooton purposing to Penny.

I did like the parts with Whit explaining family with the fountain pen and the parts with Whit and Randall, very heartfelt. Those parts were excellent.

Overall, I was really disappointed. Not your best story Paul McCusker. GRC was 100 times better.
Hate me if you wish. I won't be listening to this album again anytime soon.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

It was rather predictable. They even gave away plot twists (Hadley, etc.) ahead of time through the characters themselves!

I did think that they could have cut some of the zombie movie stuff. It just felt unnecessary.

Pacing felt fine to me, but I listened to it in one night, so...
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Me: *types up a super long response*
*realizes I could just post it on my blog*

So yeah, here's my thoughts. I wouldn't suggest reading if you loved the album, though. I'm brutal. xD

http://aio-oddsandends.blogspot.com/201 ... -bind.html