Album 58: The Ties That Bind Discussion

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

Wakko wrote:
Wodfamchocsod wrote: 3. Why did AIO bring back Jason (album 56) and Jeff (album 57)? And with the topics of this album being LOVE and MARRIAGE, you have to wonder. I think Connie should stay single, and Penny and Wooten remain "friends." If she has to marry, I hope it's not to Jeff. I don't know if Connie and Jason would work out, either, but I've always had a soft spot for them. :)
I wouldn't exactly say this season is about love and marriage. It's more about supporting traditional marriage, and family. Plus, everyone know's that Jason+Connie will never happen. *Hides*
Actually it is about marriage and family

-- Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:53 pm --
Wodfamchocsod wrote:
Wakko wrote:
Wodfamchocsod wrote: 3. Why did AIO bring back Jason (album 56) and Jeff (album 57)? And with the topics of this album being LOVE and MARRIAGE, you have to wonder. I think Connie should stay single, and Penny and Wooten remain "friends." If she has to marry, I hope it's not to Jeff. I don't know if Connie and Jason would work out, either, but I've always had a soft spot for them. :)
I wouldn't exactly say this season is about love and marriage. It's more about supporting traditional marriage, and family. Plus, everyone know's that Jason+Connie will never happen. *Hides*
Actually it is about marriage and family
But I do agree it is about traditional marriage and family, now that I think about it.
Girls just wanna have fun!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Part 10:
NOOO. WUT.

I am very suspicious of Hadley right now...

But who could do such a thing...to all his work...

Such a depressing episode... O_o
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

I'll just wait till September 6.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

John Henry wrote:I'll just wait till September 6.
Same here. Except I listened up to part 7...so I'll have to wait longer. My membership ended a couple weeks ago. (tear)
Bren
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough

Seeing as this is where the ones who have the club are flocking to...

In case you haven't heard, The Whit's End Podcast will be interviewing Paul McCusker in mid October about Album 58: The Ties That Bind. This will be a great opportunity to ask questions we have concerning the future of the show. You can submit questions by e-mailing them to info@thewepodcast.com. The deadline to submit your questions will be Saturday, October 4th.
Emma
Peach Cobbler

I LOVE the ties that bind! I have a oaclub account! I've almost listened to all of the episodes, if you would like some teasers. :lol:
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

When a friend of mine realized how much I was dying to hear album 58, he bought me a one-month membership just so I can hear it :D So I'm all caught up! (Though it is slightly ironic that I have the OAC when I protested it so much xD But hey, at least I did not buy it. I have some dignity.)

Oh yeah, and I should probably put all of this in a spoiler, right?
In my opinion, Odyssey is just getting better and better. They're diving into controversial topics, and while they aren't actually saying the specific words, I think it's better, since now kids will have to ask their parents about the things they are hearing about. It opens up discussion for families, which is what FOTF has always wanted people to do. They're talking about real situations as well, instead of simply saying, "Mr. Whittaker doesn't agree with gay marriage, and that is totally fine with the rest of the people around him!" No. Whit's End got vandalized, Emily and Matthew received bad grades due to their opinions, and they're all told that they're "living in the past".

However, while I understand why the storyline with Penny and Wooton is in there, I wish there wasn't as much of it. It was fine at the beginning, but as the other storylines are progressing, I found myself dreading the parts where they rambled about the Perilous Pen. I wish they would have a few episodes that were simply just about the controversy going on in Odyssey.

But I do love seeing Eugene and Katrina become parents. And though I normally don't like Southern accents, Buck's is quite easy on the ears. I mean, what? xD
So yes. I am really enjoying this album. Though it's been so long since I've actually had to wait for episodes! XD A weird experience. d=
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
cbriggs45
Vanilla

The perilous pen was way to easy to get after i listened to each episode until the new on dropped on wednesday and saturday ive listened to his album more then any other.

I believe i know how wootons story arc will end.

Jules im still gathering the little facts but if you know your history and think back over 57.. theres a jules connection and wooton story arc. just saying it popped in to my mind during a scene with buck. .

The whit story arc whilst awesome and a great stance for Focus, for me its preaching to the choir so its nice to see a healthy bold stance.

I am looking forward to 59 and the fallout from this.

Also Detective Polehaus has cemented his self as one of my top characters in odyssey.

I could go on but i wont spoil the rest of the album for people.
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

(Wako) Plus, everyone know's that Jason+Connie will never happen. *Hides*[/quote]

If you guys are so sure Connie and Jason will never happen, why do you keep brining it up? Sounds like you guys sound pretty worried to me.
Jamesobie
Caramel Crunch

Wow. The best ending possible. Wooton proposed to Penny. Did not see that coming. At all. My favorite album ever.
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Jamesobie wrote:
Wow. The best ending possible. Wooton proposed to Penny. Did not see that coming. At all. My favorite album ever.
SPOILERS! *cries*

But seriously?! I CAN'T WAIT TO LISTEN TO IT!!!!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Jamesobie wrote:
Wow. The best ending possible. Wooton proposed to Penny. Did not see that coming. At all. My favorite album ever
WHAAAAAAAAAT

what is my life anymore i cannot even

these spoilers i just

JAMESOBIE WHY WOULD YOU RUIN ME IN THIS WAY
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Wakko
Pistachio

You know there's such a thing as sarcasm? =p I believe he was using it. xD
EDIT: I haven't listened to part 14 yet, maybe he's serious. O.o *Goes to listen*
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Chocolate Chip

Its true. The album ends on a cliffhanger. Wooton proposes to Penny, and she asks WHAT ?? with no answer.
A lot of questions and things are answered and resolved, but not everything. I guess we will hear more about that later.
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

Jimmy Barclay Fan wrote:
Its true. The album ends on a cliffhanger. Wooton proposes to Penny, and she asks WHAT ?? with no answer.
A lot of questions and things are answered and resolved, but not everything. I guess we will hear more about that later.
I know it's maddening!! I can't for the next album!! :P
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
Wakko
Pistachio

Okay I listened to it, and Jamesobie PLEASE don't put such major spoilers unless you put it in a spoiler tag.
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Chocolate Chip

Oops I apologize for not using spoilers. I should have, but when I saw the others didn't either. My bad guys.
Wakko
Pistachio

I was referring to Jamesobie. You did it fine. You put it in a spoiler tag, he didn't. ;)
Jimmy Barclay Fan
Chocolate Chip

Actually, I didn't. I am guessing a moderator did. Thanks to the person who did. :)
I was right in some ways. I was confident all along Hadley was the Periless Pen, or the informant, but was surprised it was Jules. I should have figured it out since she was in the storeroom so often, but I had forgotten Wooton put his artwork in there. I knew she and Vance were up to something,, but did not know what. I was glad she like Richard Maxwell and Monica had a change of heart.

I LOVED in part 13 when Penny Mentioned Richard and Mr. Charles.

I was surprised Mrs. Adeline was not behind the attacks. I figured she told the Vilengetes to do the vandalism. It seemed she was not as bad as I thought she was.

I figured Hadley was behind the break in and fire, but did not think the fire was accidental. I was not surprised he tried to sell the stuff. I was glad Hugo Wells figured it out and refused to deal with him.

i am curious about Mr. Schwartz who helped financially with the festival, Vilengetes and TV and more is. I wonder if he also supported the TV zombie show. An unanswered question. In Part 7, Dee Grant and Dale Jacobs mentioned him and he owns the Odyssey times. I wonder if he will hear from him in the future.

I wonder what will happen with Vance next. He may have been innocent of some stuff, but was the informant and was behind Buck's beating.

I read Jay was leaving Odyssey for Hollywood, but it looks like he is staying after all.
Last edited by Jimmy Barclay Fan on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

*sigh*
The last episode was tumultuous.

Jules being the Perilous Pen's informant was too easy. :P

"EAT MORE LICORICE, THEY SAID." - I knew Hadley was in some sort of trouble, it's sad that he turned on Wooton, and so heartwarming when Wooton offered to help him anyways. =3

I started crying when Randall died. The "You're standing on my air hose." line was a fun humorous bit to such a sad scene...

And SERIOUSLY? A CLIFFHANGER? THAT I HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR?!?

Why did you turn into Steven Moffat, Focus? D:

(By the way, how was the episode able to be 33 minutes? How will that air on the radio? What will they cut out? O_o)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~