737: The Pilot, Part 1

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.

Is Dr. Regis Blackgaard the doctor mentioned in episode 737: The Pilot, Part 1?

Yes
No votes
No
80%
Possibly
20%

Total votes: 5

BHGodlyGovt
Vanilla

737: The Pilot, Part 1

Overall, I thought this was a pretty good episode. Now, I know that this is wishful thinking ;) , but when they mentioned that a doctor told the natives to use the white flower, and that the flower was the cause of the sickness, did anyone else immediately think of, du du du dunnnn... Dr. Regis Blackgaard? Now, I know that he is dead and is probably not the same doctor, but it is ok to hope, right?
BHGodlyGovt
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

I'm gonna be perfectly honest and say no, I didn't think that. But I can see why you would. XD

I really enjoyed this episode. I liked the whole concept of the episode. I enjoyed hearing about Jeff. I think it's interesting that they brought him back after so long. I like having him back though. The parts with Wooton were pretty funny.
Mara
Pistachio

I honestly didn't think of that either. I guess my mind is not as creative as yours :D

About the episode, I was very surprised that they brought Jeff back, though I was delighted by his appearance! It seems like FOTF does not want to mention or bring back anything from the albums that are not in albums 51-57 so that listeners that started with album 51 are not left out or confused, so I was not expecting Jeff to come back.
Overall, I really enjoyed hearing about Jeff's work and I was really happy hearing him talk as a Christian and talk about his faith! I thought he was very sweet to comfort Connie in her time of grief.
The only thing I didn't like all that much was that Dr. Graham was the doctor and Eva Parker was the nurse. I mean, it was nice to already know those two characters, but I think it would've been nice to have different people. It was a bit convenient or coincidental that the doctor and nurse were Eva and Lily. Also, I think Connie would've heard about this if she had talked to anyone in the Parker family about Eva's job.
One question: Lily and Eva live in Odyssey and Jeff has been flying with them overseas for a bit, so why didn't he approach Connie earlier, or why didn't she hear that he was in town?
Anyways, it was a great episode and intriguing story.
(This probably doesn't make any sense to y'all :? Oh well, makes sense it my mind... :D )
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

I wasn't too sure about Jeff coming back at first, but by the end of the episode I was like "PLEASE STAY I LOVE YOU!!!!!" lol And even though I am forever Connie + Jason, I wouldn't be too heartbroken if her and Jeff fell in love ;)
Mara
Pistachio

I like Mitch better than Jeff, but he's already married :evil: so I wouldn't mind Jeff =P
BHGodlyGovt
Vanilla

Well, I wouldn't mind any of the three, but I do not think that Connie will ever get married, at least not in the foreseeable future. Mitch is married, so that is most likely off the list of possibilities, I like the idea of
Connie+Jason but Jason is probably too old, but Jeff could possibly happen, as long as he is unattached. ;)

All great thoughts about the episode! I cannot wait to hear the conclusion of "The Pilot" on Saturday!
BHGodlyGovt