Which Katrina/Eugene episode was your favorite?

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.

Poll ended at Fri Dec 25, 2015 7:59 pm

Truth, Trivia, & 'Trina
15%
It Began with a Rabbit's Foot
2%
Naturally I Assumed
11%
It Ended with a Handshake
11%
A Book by it’s Cover
No votes
Unto Us a Child Is Born
2%
A Little Credit Please
2%
The Turning Point
No votes
The Time Has Come
No votes
Love Is In the Air
13%
The Right Choice
9%
Solitary Refinement
4%
For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll
15%
Wrapped Around Your Finger
4%
A Most Intriguing Question
2%
A Most Surprising Answer
No votes
A Most Extraordinary Conclusion
No votes
For Better or For Worse
2%
Prisoners of Fear
7%

Total votes: 46

Sage
Caramel Crunch

The subject says it all.

The episodes centered around them are some of the deepest and most touching...in my opinion. I could go on and on but I have to go clean my room :)
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Nice topic, Sage. I think... Oop, I have to go clean the kitchen.
Joke. Ha ha.
The choice is Love is In the Air. With For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll close behind.
The reason this comes ahead of such unforgettables as Bells, A Most Surprising Answer, Extraordinary Conclusion is that it's the best as a Eugene and Katrina episode, if not necessarily a the best episode as an AIO show.
It makes you think carefully about where Eugene and Katrina's relationship is going, and what exactly does make Eugene's close friendship with Connie different from his relationship with Katrina. Also, it brings us smoothly out of Blackgaard Chronicles while continuing the themes begun, one of many episodes that contributes to a very smooth flow from the Blackgaard craziness to normal AIO episodes. (Something Novacom mostly skipped.) It leaves us hopeful, yet knowing things can still go wrong.
Plus, for Eugene and Katrina in of themselves, it has some bits of character development, many significant moments, and their relationship progresses neatly.
And alongside all this, there's Jason and Tasha's beautiful romance and Connie's subplot. (Which is a great subplot... BUT CONNIE ISN"T MARRYING JASON BECAUSE SHE CONTRIVED A CRUSH ON HIM UP OUT OF BOREDOM! *gasp gasp* Understood? Good.
In conclusion, it is charming, funny, and handles Eugene and Katrina well.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

TRUTH, TRIVIA, & 'TRINA, BABY! It's awesome!
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Child's Play. :)
^^ Props to Belle ^^
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Out of those episodes, "Unto Us a Child Is Born" is my favorite. However, it's not my favorite because of Eugene and Katrina, so I can't vote for it. My 3 favorite Eugene & Katrina episodes are Naturally, I Assumed, It Ended With a Handshake, and The Right Choice. But it's hard to pick, because their relationship was so long and so fascinating that I love every one of their episodes from Truth, Trivia, and 'Trina to For Better Or For Worse.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
MeltsnerGirl91
Strawberry

It's so hard to pick only 3 episodes! Their whole relationship is one of the best sagas ever written (I'm biased). I picked Truth, Trivia, and Trina because I love how their relationship is budding, and the last set of questions is iconic. "Eugene's eyes are blue. Periwinkle blue." Unto Us a Child is Born is important because Eugene first openly says he loves Katrina (even though she didn't hear it), and the Bible Katrina bought him was another step in him becoming a Christian. For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll is an amazing episode all round. For Better or For Worse is close behind them. :)
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

This is such a hard question. There are several episodes that I like. The three when Eugene returns are good because it's a mix of memories of Eugene and Katrina (and everyone) and it also shows how much Katrina cares about and loves Eugene even though it's hard.

I've recently been listening to the episodes at the beginning of their relationship. I really enjoyed listening to them and seeing how their relationship progressed and it started the stressful ride of getting together and splitting up, etc.

I don't think I have a favorite episode of them, but each one is different and important to their relationship.
Odyssey Fan Wiley
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Naturally I Assumed is so funny! I love it when characters get all mixed up and think something is going on with the other person that really isn't. It Ended With a Handshake, For Whom The Wedding Bells Toll, and Love Is In The Air Parts 1 and 2 are good too.
Last edited by Novatom on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Naturally, I Assumed is funny. I haven't listened to that in several years, but I remember Whit (the old Hal Smith one) acting quite out of his character. But To Mend or Repair wins the vote hands down. That was a very touching episode, with emotion that is quite rare for any of the characters, especially the Meltsners. One of the scenes that made me feel for Katrina/Eugene was in their living room when they're watching the lackluster fishing show.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Skylerbuck
Chocolate Chip

Definitely More than a Feeling
I'm an admin on http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/Main_Page, come check us out
Wodfamchocsod
Cookies & Creme

The Right Choice is entertaining, and I also like Love is in the Air. Very funny, both of them. :P
Girls just wanna have fun!
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

All the Eugene and Katrina episodes were awesome and it's hard to pick a favorite. but if i had to i think i'd say It Ended with a Handshake. it made me laugh SO hard!! :)

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I like Love Is In The Air, Naturally I Assumed, and that one where Eugene thinks Katrina is marrying Brandon.
Last edited by Novatom on Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Novatom wrote:I like Love Is In The Air, Naturally, I assumed, and that one where Eugene thinks Katrina is marrying Brandon.
That one is called The Right Choice. I love both of those too. :)

I should beware of her.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

It Ended With a Handshake...The Right Choice....For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll.... Especially the last one I mentioned. Something about Eugene panicking over Katrina's proposal, just after Whit was proposed to by Margaret always gets to me. Eugene panicking always is a source of great amusement to me! :)
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Paula
Peach Cobbler

MissFriendship wrote: Eugene panicking always is a source of great amusement to me! :)
I LOVED the episode "Love is in the air." The hugging part made me laugh SO hard!!! And isn't that the truth tho...Eugene is hilarious when he panics!! :)
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Ha ha. so true! :) my 3 favorites are It Ended with a Handshake, Love is in the Air and For Whom the Wedding Bells Toll. but i love all of them. :)

I should beware of her.

joplin4
Vanilla

I listened to "The Turning Point" today. Though the outcome is not enjoyable, I think this was the most well done of the ones I've heard. I loved when Katrina told her dad that she never wanted to do anything like that again. It showed how much she truly loved Eugene by sacrificially stepping out of his life.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I love To Mend or Repair, but there are a LOT of great Katrina and Eugene episodes out there. I think I like to Mend or Repair so much because of the feelings it provoked. We got Eugene crying, Katrina crying, me crying... it was great.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Yes, the hurt in that episode was real and the listener felt it at this very personal moment of the characters' lives. The side plot with Barrett, well, it's odd there's a subplot at all. I mean this is a huge moment with Katrina and Eugene, we're going to have a subplot even though it's not of any comparable importance? But once you get over that it's a good plot with good character and the legendary "100 Things I Hate." By the way, good to have you, PennyBassett!
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury