Beam Us Up, Emily.

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Beam Us Up, Emily.

"Oh, hi, Whit, Eugene. Sorry I'm late. What are you working on?"
"A space ship."
"What!?"
"We're going to the moon, Miss Kendall. I know, you were not informed of it. Customarily. But we are now prepared to go on our exploratory voyage."
"Who's the commander?'
"Hi! It's me, Emily. Like my green tutu space suit?"
Odyssey has had many utterly insane things happen. Mind control, a counterfeiting ring trying to destroy America, murdered gold fish telling his death story. But there's one thing that's never happened: the gang has never gone to space. Even in a IS or it-was-a-dream show. Yes, Alex and Marvin did it briefly in the IS, but only as a catalyst to a different plot. What do you think the characters would do in space? Where would they be going? Who would you like to go on the mission?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Wow... o_0 I do believe that you create the most interesting and weird topics ever...

ANYways, I would love to see them go in the IS and go through the first moon landing. It could even be something that was a result of a student studying the Cold War. It would be incredibly interesting. And anything AIO crossed with history is fantastic to me. ^_^
Mara
Pistachio

Eugene would be the perfect person to do tests in space :D
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I would actually really enjoy a well-done space episode. There is so much history and innovation to be covered, so I think it would be perfect as an IS episode.

As a side note, every astronaut has been a first born child.

Jimmy Barclay was, I believe, in space, at leat in his mind, during his period of unconsciousness. That was the only other space related thing I could think of.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Samantha14 wrote:Wow... o_0 I do believe that you create the most interesting and weird topics ever...

ANYways, I would love to see them go in the IS and go through the first moon landing. It could even be something that was a result of a student studying the Cold War. It would be incredibly interesting. And anything AIO crossed with history is fantastic to me. ^_^

Don't be silly, if a student was studying the cold war, Whit would program Call of Duty: Black Ops into the IS.

Jokes aside,
I think it would be neat for the gang to go to space. Just like Tintin did. But Emily would be a horrible Commander.
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Hmm.. A space episode. Sounds like it would be a neat IS episode and a good way to get some scenes with Connie freaking out. Nelson and Matthew are two who come to mind for kid characters going into space. I don't know what the purpose for an adventure in space would be, like the moral of the story or whatever, but it would still be a pretty cool episode for Odyssey to do.
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
fodo14
Raspberry Ripple

As the Sci Fi nerd I am, I would love this to happen. Sadly it would never work out in the seires. Yet, they could exclude all the other episodes just for this one, and set the whole town of Odyssey as a space crusier, and the odyssey citizens could be living among the stars, with hangout bridges like Whits End and such. Mayor would be the captian, and so on and so forth. What do you's think :D
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

How that heck to think of these topics PF? Anyway, this would really be a cool idea. I don't usually like stuff like this, but this idea is.. brilliant. As for who should go, that's easy, if I ca use characters form all eras of the show. Jared, Mandy, Emily, Dwayne, Nelson, and maybe Matthew. It would have to be all kids. It would get boring if the adults came with ;)
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Good to see you posting, Connie!
You're right Connie, it would be more fun if they were all kids. Like the Peanuts episode where they're all in space. (It seems like every kids-character show goes to space at some point.) I can just imagine Jared in space without any adult supervision... aye yai yaye. (That meteor looks very suspicious... I'm positive there's aliens in it. Aah! It's coming our way! Abandon ship!)
As for how I come up with these things... one of benefits of being weird.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

I suppose Jared could get that way, but with 5 other "ordinary" and pretty smart kids around, I doubt anything harmful could happen ;)
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Oh, that's smart. No adults on the ship. Whit doing that would kill his image.

"Okay, kids, I built this experimental spacecraft from pieces of the Transmuter, ice cream dishes, and dryer lint. Hop aboard."

"But, Mister Whittaker, aren't you gonna come with us?"

"No, I have stuff to do around the shop. But Matthew gets his permit in two years. He can handle it. Have fun!"

Scrap that idea. Anyway, two days ago, I was talking to a friend who knows about my Odyssey fandom, and he said, "Y'know, they should do an Odyssey episode about aliens. One night, a bright light appears above City Hall..." and I said, "We've actually talked about something like that," meaning this topic.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)