Lessons Learned

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
poetinmotion
Vanilla

Lessons Learned

AIO has created episodes with really strong lessons that impact millions of listeners every day with God's truth and love. Which episode (or episode has taught you an undoubtedly valuable lesson? Whether through Whit giving advice or kids learning (or not learning) from mistakes, profound lessons have been taught on Adventures in Odyssey. What has God taught you through the show?/
the Valiant
Caramel Crunch

Hmm. That's a tough one as the impact of most lessons change as I grow. The one that impacts me now is probably Between You and Me. Even I felt the force of emotion after Connie repeatedly tries to get What's attention. Every time I hear it, it reminds me of just how much God wants our time.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

An episode that really taught me something was Pamela Has a Problem. I know, not many people think its the best episode, but after listening to it, it really opened my eyes on abortion and how it affected girls who, even if they didn't have an abortion, didn't have anyone to turn too, and wouldn't tell their parents for fear they would be rejected. It actually motivated me to be a child care worker at a ministry for teenage moms who had decided against an abortion. And since then, I have seen so many girls in almost the EXACT same position as Pamela. It may not be a well known episode, but I thought it had a great message. :)
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

What an awesome testimony Stella!
I was actually thinking about starting a topic along these lines, so thank you for doing it for me poetinmotion!

I'm called to children's ministry, and for a while, I've only been looking at my calling through rose colored glasses. Only thinking of the wonderful, nice, and pleasant things that come along with that calling.
Then, a couple of weeks ago, the Lord called me to do something in my ministry that was way out of my comfort zone, and I was kinda pitching a fit! So while I was fussing a fuming, (and trying to have a right attitude,) the Lord brought a certain AIO episode into my life.
Now, I've been listening to this episode forever! I have always loved this episode, but now I love it a little more now.
The episode is Missionary Impossible. The episode really opened my eyes and put some things into perspective for me. That what we are called to isn't always what we want to do, and that it isn't always pleasant or nice for us! Of course I already knew this, but I needed a reminder and a reality check.
I loved how the Lord just put that in my path, just when I needed it! It was amazing :D!
And, fyi: The thing the Lord had called me to do went great! Why did I even worry? lol