Episodes that gave you NIGHTMARES.

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Episodes that gave you NIGHTMARES.

When I was younger, there were a certain few cassette tapes in my AIO collection that I generally just avoided because when I listened to them, I nearly peed my pants with fear. One of these episodes was the ol' classic "Blackbeard's Treasure". When the old hermit bellowed out that famously creepy line "Leave! LEAVE if you value your souls! MWAHAHHAHAHAHAH!" I did everything I could to try to figure out how to stop the tape and get away from that horrible madness, but being only about 5 years old, I didn't really know much about how tape players worked yet.

How about you guys, were there any specific episodes in the series that were so scary for you at a certain point in your life, that you simply couldn't listen all the way through? Anyone have any good AIO nightmare stories?
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Um... Castles and cauldrons gave me the chills when I was younger...
It still isn't a fave... :lol:
But, I never really have nightmares that often...
So, If I had to choose it would probably be Castles and Cauldrons. :)
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

i use to hate listening to that AIO episode with that kid who thinks whits end is his house. that one scares me so bad. even now i shiver when i think about it
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Really Mary? I love that episode! I just love episodes that give you chills!! :D :lol:
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

The Secret Room, when people ask me which episode I remeber listening to when I was younger I say that one because the only thing I remebered was at the end of part one when someone breaks into Whit's End and creepily whispers "Whittaker"
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Frankly, I would not have been the least bit scared of Blackbeard's Treasure even as a kid... it's so hopelessly cheesy. ;)
I was scared to death of The Secret Room, like so many others. But it never gave me a nightmare. Poor Arkan did though.... Our mom made us get rid of the tape. Sigh. I haven't heard it since. :roll:
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

I was always a little scared of "It Happened at Four Corners" I didn't realize it was just a story within the story until I was older.
I was also pretty scared of "The Mysterious Stranger", the uncle and father were pretty freaky. I once listened to it before I went to bed (I was like 7) and I couldn't sleep because I was so afraid. So I went down in the basement with my dad, who was painting the walls. He didn't understand why I could be scared of a cd.
Odyssey Fan Wiley
Kaida
Fudge Marble

"It Happened at Four Corners" scared me too. The music along with having two Odyssey characters plotting against each other kept it in that creepy state.. "The Secret Room", of course, had me up at night. Seemed like every time I heard these episodes though was usually at night when I would be the only awake...
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

Sammy14 wrote:Um... Castles and cauldrons gave me the chills when I was younger...
It still isn't a fave... :lol:
But, I never really have nightmares that often...
So, If I had to choose it would probably be Castles and Cauldrons. :)
Haha, I totally remember having to psych myself up every time I wanted to listen to that episode so I could make it through without shutting it off. That bit at the end with ouija board absolutely scared me out of my skin when I was little.
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Castles and Cauldrons, The Case of the Secret Room, and The Mortal Coil are the 3 that I remember scaring me the most.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

OMW! i was SO freaked my the secret room. i listened to it when i was like 6 and it gave me nightmares for like a week! no kidding *shivers*
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

IT HAPPENED AT FOUR CORNERS!!! That one freaked me out!! I didn't listen to it for at least 4 years! Haha!! But now I like it!
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

There are 2 episodes that bring back memories. It happened at four corners scared me half to death the first time I heard it. But this one brings back memories that will haunt me forever. I listened to Real Time, and now I'm scared of elevators! How crazy is that?
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Oh! Another one that got me when I was young was The Twilife Zone.. I knew it was all nonsense but the music made it super creepy and a talking toy chicken :? Yeah.. That was weird.
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

God's Girl wrote:Castles and Cauldrons, The Case of the Secret Room, and The Mortal Coil are the 3 that I remember scaring me the most.
If I listened to the mortal coil, I'd probably never listen to odyssey again
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Nelson S. wrote:IT HAPPENED AT FOUR CORNERS!!!
Yes! Yes!! Yes!!
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Why did this episode scare everyone? I thought it was EPIC :cool: :lol:
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

so did i sammy!
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I don't think that there was ever a AIO that "scared" me, per se... but a few that gave me chills were "My Girl Hallie", "The Unraveling", "It Happened at Four Corners" (lol), "The Secret Room"... I can't think of any others.
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

i echo you on my girl hallie. kinda creepy, you know?