Something Old, Something New, Parts 1 & 2

Grab your AIO albums, and find a table! What makes your favorite episode the best? Have an episode you really dislike? This is the place to review and discuss AIO episodes and albums.

How Would YOU Rate "Something Old, Something New (Parts 1 & 2)?

1 - I Hated It.
10%
2- I really disliked it.
No votes
3 - It was almost cool...
3%
4 - I liked it.
52%
5 - THIS WAS AWESOME! Wheeeee!
34%

Total votes: 29

Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Something Old, Something New Part 1 review

Episode Name: Something Old, Something New
Episode Album: Album 55-The Deep End.
Episode Rating: 5 out of 5

**SPOILER ALERT**

This is an amazing episode. One of my favourites!! It includes a bunch of my favourite characters including.............MITCH! :shock: :o Yes thats right. Mitch is back. Connie's wedding business is going bad so Penny offers to promote Connie's business for free. Meanwhile, Matthew and Emily follow a mysterious woman that may be trying to scam Jacque Henri. Later, Connie and Wooton make a wedding brochure to promote Connie's business which on the cover shows Wooton and Connie in wedding costumes. Connie accidentally sends the brochures to everyone on her contact list. The bad thing is that the brochure wasn't finished yet. Now everyone thinks Connie and Wooton are getting married. Matthew and Emily are on to the trail of the mysterious woman and she leads them to a mysterious man. Meanwhile, on Candid Conversations with Connie, Wooton and Connie try to tell everyone that they aren't really getting married. Meanwhile, Connie talks to ....... MITCH and finds out that he is getting married to another person.
Last edited by Wretched Sinner on Fri May 18, 2012 6:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

So, is the Jones and Parker Detective Agency back in this episode?
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Aaron Wiley
Pistachio

The Old Judge wrote:So, is the Jones and Parker Detective Agency back in this episode?
With a vengeance...
"I strive to be an Elephant" - Odyssey Fan Wiley
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

The Old Judge wrote:So, is the Jones and Parker Detective Agency back in this episode?
Yep. They sure are. It's been a while.
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

I wonder where they are going with the jones&parker detective agency mystery. It surprised me that they didn't have more scenes on the mystery in the episode. Maybe it's connected to Mitch? :?:
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

EugeneforPresident wrote:I wonder where they are going with the jones&parker detective agency mystery. It surprised me that they didn't have more scenes on the mystery in the episode. Maybe it's connected to Mitch? :?:
I think that the mysterious person that they are tracking down is the same person Mitch is getting married too.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

When I first heard him, I almost couldn't breathe for a little bit there. I almost cried when he said that he was getting married too!! I can't wait 4 days to find out what happens!!!

Wooton, I think that it makes sense that Mitch is the "CB", but it raises more questions!
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Godsgirl6153 wrote:When I first heard him, I almost couldn't breathe for a little bit there. I almost cried when he said that he was getting married too!! I can't wait 4 days to find out what happens!!!

Wooton, I think that it makes sense that Mitch is the "CB", but it raises more questions!

Ya. I can't wait for part 2.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Still, I am wondering why Mitch came back, because I thought that Kathy Weiringa(sp) said that cats would have to go extint, and Ronald McDonald would have to become a vegetarian before Mitch came back (I saw a cat the other day, has something happened that I don't know about?)

Another thing that surprises me is the fact that Connie kept her wedding dress. If she were to get married again, wouldn't she want to buy a dress rather than wear one that reminds her of Mitch? (0r maybe it means that she is still in love with him!)

Plus, I don't think that her future husband would be very happy to have her keep her wedding dress from her almost wedding.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Godsgirl6153 wrote:Still, I am wondering why Mitch came back, because I thought that Kathy Weiringa(sp) said that cats would have to go extint, and Ronald McDonald would have to become a vegetarian before Mitch came back (I saw a cat the other day, has something happened that I don't know about?)

Another thing that surprises me is the fact that Connie kept her wedding dress. If she were to get married again, wouldn't she want to buy a dress rather than wear one that reminds her of Mitch? (0r maybe it means that she is still in love with him!)
Ya. I have a topic called "Why Do You Think Odyssey Brought Mitch Back" that you should check out. It is under Character Discussion. I also am coming out with an AIO Podcast and this will be the topic of the first episode. I haven't recorded it yet. But keep checking on my blog. It should be up in a few weeks. http://unofficialaioblog.blogspot.com/
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Godsgirl6153 wrote: Another thing that surprises me is the fact that Connie kept her wedding dress. If she were to get married again, wouldn't she want to buy a dress rather than wear one that reminds her of Mitch? (0r maybe it means that she is still in love with him!)

Plus, I don't think that her future husband would be very happy to have her keep her wedding dress from her almost wedding.
I don't know, I think it perfectly within character for Connie to keep it. I don't think it odd or anything. Wouldn't it make sense that she keep it in case she gets married to someone else? I mean why spend more money? I don't think her future husband would really care that much. I mean sure she would have to explain what happened, but when it's said and done, it's really the dress that she picked out. Why have to pick another?
Alyssa
Vanilla

Jason wrote:
Godsgirl6153 wrote: Another thing that surprises me is the fact that Connie kept her wedding dress. If she were to get married again, wouldn't she want to buy a dress rather than wear one that reminds her of Mitch? (0r maybe it means that she is still in love with him!)

I don't know, I think it perfectly within character for Connie to keep it. I don't think it odd or anything. Wouldn't it make sense that she keep it in case she gets married to someone else? I mean why spend more money? I don't think her future husband would really care that much. I mean sure she would have to explain what happened, but when it's said and done, it's really the dress that she picked out. Why have to pick another?
I would have to agree with Jason on this one. Although, I do see your point, Godsgirl, I guess it just depends on the person. :D
Yep, it's me, Aly/Em from the ToO!
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

What did you think? Was it a good way to resolve the Connie-Mitch thing?
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
Reddo
Strawberry

yes it was a great way to end it and put an end to the constant question of when is Mitch coming back to marry Connie. Now if only they could do something about Jason to stop the questions of when he's getting married.
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

Reddo wrote:yes it was a great way to end it and put an end to the constant question of when is Mitch coming back to marry Connie. Now if only they could do something about Jason to stop the questions of when he's getting married.
I don't really like the idea of Jason getting married.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Reddo wrote:yes it was a great way to end it and put an end to the constant question of when is Mitch coming back to marry Connie. Now if only they could do something about Jason to stop the questions of when he's getting married.
I'm not sure what they could do to resolve this question... Unless They had him get married...
odysseyluvr101
Vanilla

I thought the way they ended the second part was ok. I was dissapointed though that Connie and Mitch didnt get back together though. I do understand what people say that they broke up because it was not God's will but I still had a little hope that they would get back together.I love Mitch and I think it just felt wierd for him to be marrying anyone else but Connie.
Reddo
Strawberry

Jason wrote:
I'm not sure what they could do to resolve this question... Unless They had him get married...
Or kill him :) But I wouldn't like that
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Reddo wrote:
I think that if the killed him, the people would revolt! :)
Jason
Cookies & Creme

Godsgirl6153 wrote:
Reddo wrote:
I think that if the killed him, the people would revolt! :)
I wouldn't like it, but if they did it in an honorable way I think I might be able to accept it in time..... Like if he died for a certain cause. But even then it would be hard to swallow..