It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Post subject: Re: OAC Episode Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:21 pm 
Pistachio

So thoughts on Always Do Your Best-ish? I thought it was a pretty good episode.

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" - Luke the Warrior in The Legend of Luke

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:06 pm 
Strawberry

It was certainly interesting.

It seems that the Imagination Station has changed again. In "The American Revelation" and some time after, Whit talked about the IS' new 'scanning' technology. I wonder if it turned out to have some problems in the long run, though, as in this episode (along with some other recent ones) they're back to programming them by hand.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:12 pm 
Raspberry Ripple

Location: Probably in the green room... and if not, then with my stuffed platypus... sometimes it's both.
Yeah, I was thinking about that myself. I don't mind it though, considering we haven't heard anything about it since Whit's last redo of the Imagination Station. I liked the Renee and Whit side of things but hated the Olivia and Zoe thing. I can't tell their VA's apart and it got confusing. Also, Olivia should be much older than Zoe, and it seems like she should be more mature than Zoe. It would have made more sense for Olivia to direct and Zoe to write since she is a writer. This would also open up a window for better development for Zoe. I haven't given up hope for her!

"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:48 pm 
Pistachio

Renee was programming the people, the scanner just scans in the info you see the book so the programming wouldn't include the minor details which was what Renee was programming!!!

"Cowards die a thousand times, a warrior only dies once. The spirits of all you have slain are watching you, Vilu Daskar, and they will rest in peace now that your time has come. You must die as you have lived, a coward to the last!" - Luke the Warrior in The Legend of Luke

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:34 am 
Cookies & Creme

I listened to this episode today... I basically forgot everything but three things:
Renee
The sound design
Valerie.

The sound design was amazing people. Amazing. But I feel like it was kind of forgettable, I don't even remember how it ends. I am very tired, though, that's a contributing factor.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:50 pm 
Caramel Crunch

Kungfunaomi wrote:
I listened to this episode today... I basically forgot everything but three things:
Renee
The sound design
Valerie.

The sound design was amazing people. Amazing. But I feel like it was kind of forgettable, I don't even remember how it ends. I am very tired, though, that's a contributing factor.

I feel bad for you, multitasker. Sam's dual storyline writing has been very good in "Always Do Your Best-ish" and "Your Honest Opinion, Please" and the scene with Whit at the end was very good.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:27 pm 
Pistachio

So Walk Worthy dropped today. I actually thought it was good due to them limiting Buddy's imaginings and keeping them restricted to one theme. Also Buddy and Jay are an amazing character combination. So 4 out of 5 for Walk Worthy.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:30 pm 
Raspberry Ripple

Location: Probably in the green room... and if not, then with my stuffed platypus... sometimes it's both.
Yeah, I agree! It was definitely Buddy's best episode so far! Also, Eugene is such a dad in this episode and it's amazing. He became outdoorsie really fast. I mean, in album 63, Katrina literally said, "Eugene's not much of an outdoorsman," and now he's a scout leader!

"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:40 pm 
Cookies & Creme

Why have they been pushing so much Olivia on us recently? I'm having an Olivia overload.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:47 pm 
Caramel Crunch

MonkeyDude wrote:
Why have they been pushing so much Olivia on us recently? I'm having an Olivia overload.

It's just you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:48 pm 
Strawberry

I looked at the frequency of her appearances and it doesn't seem to be any different now than the trend it's been on historically; a loop of spurts where she's available for several episodes in a row, then periods where she only is in every third episode or so, and actually we're in a 'every third' period now.

If anything, I thought she hadn't showed up as often as she might have; I thought it was a little odd hearing Zoe without Olivia in "Not What I Expected" since they're usually together (off the top of my head, I actually couldn't remember a time that Zoe was in an episode that Olivia wasn't, although AIOWiki claims it did happen before in "Have a Heart").

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:25 pm 
Raspberry Ripple

I'm honestly just tired of Olivia. It seems like she was growing up at one point, and she's become less mature as time's gone on. It's a little strange. She feels forced because she's a filler character with little development.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13