#959: Dose of Virtual Reality

Your membership into the Adventures in Odyssey Club grants you a special key! Here is the place to discuss all of the club exclusive episodes.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

#959: Dose of Virtual Reality

Anyone have any thoughts on this episode?

I like the fact that we’re seeing even more developments of the character of Detective Don Polehaus and learning more about his past. We get to hear about his experience with raising kids and his relationship with Molly. It was also great to see that Polehaus has gotten to know Whit in such a way that he was able to pick up on the game because he knew the game maker.
Speaking of which, I also love that it was Whit who designed the game and incorporated the Bible into the gameplay. I thought the use of the signs was very clever.

I’d really be interested in seeing an episode focused on the relationship between Allison and her dad. We hear that Allison’s father is a gamer and is really invested in his playing and enjoys playing with his daughter However, I wonder if Allison really shares this sentiment. Based on some lines in this episode when she and her father are in a scene together, I think that there is a potential story which can be told.

It has been a while since I’ve listened to this episode, but I’d like to listen a few more times before giving a final judgement.

What did everyone else think? Was this episode better than “Fishing For Gold”, the last episode featuring Detective Polehaus’ granddaughter, or could it have been better? Let’s discuss!
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.