Ask Tea Ess things

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!

Favorite penguin?

Reginald
33%
Reginald
67%

Total votes: 6

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Did Dom remind you at all of Helios? :P Or latch maybe...

Which users from the SS make you laugh the most?

Did you read what Belle posted about you being the Mayor of the SS?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I haven't spent enough time observing Dom to really know. Dom does seem similar to latch in some ways, but I'm not entirely sure.

Good question. In no particular order: Belle, TigerShadow, Pound Foolish, Eanrin, Hermione, Suzy, when she was here, and you, Eleventh, and Arkan on occasion. What I like about Eanrin and Hermoine is that they lurk in the shadows and then post something oddly sarcastic before disappearing again.

I did. :yes: It seems like a good position.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Why the interest in the personality types? Do you ask people in person, too? You are the Tea person on the chat, RIGHT? You are male? What brought you here? What is your personality type? Do you like it or would you rather it be different?
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

It's an interesting piece of information that can give you some basic knowledge about a person.

I have asked people in person before. =p

Yes. Kaida named me Tea Ess, so I've used that on the chat ever since, along with a few other nicks.

I am male. I actually thought you were too until today. :anxious:

I listened to AiO when I was growing up, and found the Soda Shop through the Odyssey Scoop.

My personality type is INTJ. I've never really considered wanting it to be different, just that it matched the traits I saw in myself. If I had to be another type, I'd probably be INFJ or INTP.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

T.S. (myself) wrote:I have asked people in person before. =p
Do they actually know and remember the answer? :P
T.S. (myself) wrote:I am male. I actually thought you were too until today. :anxious:
Everyone does. On this chat room, anyway. :twisted:
T.S. (myself) wrote:My personality type is INTJ. I've never really considered wanting it to be different, just that it matched the traits I saw in myself. If I had to be another type, I'd probably be INFJ or INTP.
Now I'll have to go look them up, thanks.

What is your fatal flaw? What quality in yourself do you most admire?

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

How do you like being beta tester?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Do you enjoy peanut butter?

Do you wear glasses? If not, would you like to wear glasses? If so, do you wish you didn't?

How much turkey did you eat for Thanksgiving, if any?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Dom wrote:Do they actually know and remember the answer? :P
People definitely tend to remember whether they test as introverted or extroverted, but they don't always remember the rest. It's very important to some people, but others don't necessarily care.
Dom wrote:What is your fatal flaw? What quality in yourself do you most admire?
I struggle with motivating myself to complete things, and I sometimes allow my introversion to make me anti-social.

Right now, my ability to work financial math problems with precision and increasing speed. :yes:
Miss Friendship wrote:How do you like being beta tester?
I haven't done a lot so far, but it's been fun. I also have a green name.
Belle wrote:Do you enjoy peanut butter?

Do you wear glasses? If not, would you like to wear glasses? If so, do you wish you didn't?

How much turkey did you eat for Thanksgiving, if any?
I don't eat peanut butter as much as I used to, but I still like the taste of it. It can be very good with carrots.

I do wear glasses. At this point, they've basically become a part of me, so it's difficult to envision myself without them.

This year's turkey wasn't quite as good as it has been in the past, so I didn't have much.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

T.S. (myself) wrote:
Dom wrote:What is your fatal flaw?
I struggle with motivating myself to complete things, and I sometimes allow my introversion to make me anti-social.
Would you become an extrovert if you magically had the power? Do you enjoy math, or are you just good at it? What does T.S. really stand for? Are you a proponent of wearing one's initials as necklaces, or stickering them on your car? :P Would you rather have shag carpet from the 70's or avocado-colored kitchen appliances for the rest of your life, if you had to choose? Would you rather draw or take a picture? Shoes or bare feet? Windows open or air conditioner? Spring or fall? Movie theater or couch at home?

Dom
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Dom wrote:Would you become an extrovert if you magically had the power?
No, I would definitely remain an introvert. It can have its limitations, but I'm very happy being introverted.
Dom wrote:Do you enjoy math, or are you just good at it?
Both. I didn't always enjoy math, but over the course of high school I grew quite fond of it. I do tend to dislike the more theoretical side of math, especially formal proofs. I'm mainly taking classes that deal with statistics, probability, and financial mathematics, and those tend to be more tangible, at least for me.
Dom wrote:What does T.S. really stand for?
That's a secret. :noway:
Dom wrote:Are you a proponent of wearing one's initials as necklaces, or stickering them on your car?
Honestly, I don't think I've really used my initials much outside of my username.
Dom wrote:Would you rather have shag carpet from the 70's or avocado-colored kitchen appliances for the rest of your life, if you had to choose?
Avocado colored kitchen appliances. :yes: I like the color green, and I'd rather have more options with flooring.
Dom wrote:Would you rather draw or take a picture?
Unless I'm granted more artistic talent, I would rather take a picture. That option would give me the largest possibility of not butchering the project.
Dom wrote:Shoes or bare feet?
Definitely bare feet. If it were socially acceptable and warm enough, I would go barefoot most of the time. For now, I usually wear sandals.
Dom wrote:Windows open or air conditioner?
Windows open, assuming a reasonable temperature.
Dom wrote:Spring or fall?
The weather can be nice in both seasons, but I prefer spring, when everything is blooming and coming to life. I feel that the fall it is overshadowed by the knowledge that winter is coming, whereas in the spring, I can look forward to summer.
Dom wrote:Movie theater or couch at home?
Hmm. It depends on the movie. Unless it's something that I've wanted to see for a long time, I'd go with couch.
Dom wrote:Dom
T.S.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

T.S. (myself) wrote:
Dom wrote:What does T.S. really stand for?
That's a secret. :noway:
I don't think I've really used my initials much outside of my username.
So it's not a secret anymooooore. :twisted:
T.S. (myself) wrote:I'd rather have more options with flooring.
What kind of flooring do you like?
T.S. (myself) wrote:If it were socially acceptable and warm enough, I would go barefoot most of the time.
Clearly you have never met Tim. O.o
T.S. (myself) wrote:
Dom wrote:Dom
T.S.
:lol:

Do you think you are a mature person? What age do you act? Do you remember the last time you laughed so hard you could barely breathe? What do you like to snack on? What is your hair like? Who do you live with? Are you a romantic person? What is your clothing style?

Dom
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Dom wrote:So it's not a secret anymooooore. :twisted:
What T.S. stands for is still a secret. =p
What kind of flooring do you like?
I really don't like one kind of flooring above all the rest, I just wouldn't want to be limited to carpet forever.
Clearly you have never met Tim. O.o
Does he go barefoot often?
Dom wrote:Do you think you are a mature person?
A lot of people tend to assume I'm mature because of my introversion, and while I might be more mature than average, they overestimate the degree of my maturity.
Dom wrote:What age do you act?
Probably around 18 most of the time, but that can change according to the circumstance.
Dom wrote:Do you remember the last time you laughed so hard you could barely breathe?
Over Thanksgiving break, when I went to a comedy venue with a friend.
Dom wrote:What do you like to snack on?
I like to eat carrots when I do accounting homework, and nuts or chocolate otherwise. I try to keep a normal meal schedule, though.
Dom wrote:What is your hair like?
It's fairly boring. My hair is brown, and I usually keep it short. Waldo had a dream I dyed my hair purple, but I doubt that will ever happen.
Dom wrote:Who do you live with?
My roommate, right now.
Dom wrote:Are you a romantic person?
Not particularly.
Dom wrote:What is your clothing style?
I usually wear things in basic, muted colors, and avoid anything that would draw excess attention.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

T.S. (myself) wrote:
My roommate, right now.
Burnt Popcorn! (Or BP fer short)

What kind of fruit is your favorite and least favorite?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Are you a member of the OAC?

Do you still listen to AIO a lot?

Have you made many new friends at college?

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Belle wrote:What kind of fruit is your favorite and least favorite?
I like most kinds of fruit, but my favorite is probably raspberries. I can't really get them on campus, so they're much more special now. My least favorite fruit is probably grapes. I don't dislike them, but I'd rather eat something else.
Miss Friendship wrote:Are you a member of the OAC?

Do you still listen to AIO a lot?

Have you made many new friends at college?
No, I'm not. I considered it, but I don't listen to AiO enough to justify a membership.

I haven't listened to AiO for quite a while now, but I'm hoping to catch up with it over winter break.

I'm pretty introverted, but I've definitely been able to connect with people here. :yes: Burnt Popcorn and I get along pretty well, too.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What is your greatest fault?

How much cash do you have in your wallet right now? (I want to come rob you) :twisted:

How often do you use Youtube?

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Miss Friendship wrote:What is your greatest fault?

How much cash do you have in your wallet right now? (I want to come rob you) :twisted:

How often do you use Youtube?
I'll borrow from what I said to a similar question earlier: I struggle with motivating myself to complete things, and I sometimes allow my introversion to make me anti-social.

$19, I think. *hides wallet*

Fairly often. I probably use it at some point on most days.
snubs
Cookies & Creme

What are little things that make you happy?
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey
Dom
Cookies & Creme

T.S. (myself) wrote:
Dom wrote:Clearly you have never met Tim. O.o
Does he go barefoot often?
He would walk through snow barefoot if he could do so without frostbite...even then, he'd probably risk it.
T.S. (myself) wrote:I like to eat carrots when I do accounting homework, and nuts or chocolate otherwise. I try to keep a normal meal schedule, though.
Baby carrots? I love baby carrots. What kind of chocolate do you like?
T.S. (myself) wrote:
My roommate, right now.
How's that going? Do you like him/her/it/popcorn? Would you prefer they weren't burnt? :twisted:
T.S. (myself) wrote:I usually wear things in basic, muted colors, and avoid anything that would draw excess attention.
Why is that?

Do you ever feel depressed when you've agreed to go to a social event? If so, at what point does that feeling pass? Just before, during, after, never? Do you like mixing salty and sweet? What is your favorite thing to eat at a restaurant? Do you have cheap taste? What is the last item you bought that was not a necessity? What irritates you lately? Do you think the world is a good or evil place, overall? What are your thoughts on God? If the only drink you could have for an entire year was water, would you go crazy? What would you drink on day 366?

Dom
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Dom wrote:He would walk through snow barefoot if he could do so without frostbite...even then, he'd probably risk it.
He seems dedicated. I'd rather not go barefoot in the snow, even if I wouldn't get frostbite. Any other weather is fine, though.
Dom wrote:Baby carrots? I love baby carrots. What kind of chocolate do you like?
I like baby carrots as well. Honestly, any kind of chocolate is great, but I especially like dark chocolate with about 60-70% cocoa.
Dom wrote:How's that going? Do you like him/her/it/popcorn? Would you prefer they weren't burnt? :twisted:
It's gone well so far. He and I haven't had any arguments so far, which is probably good. Burnt is fine. :yes:

Dom wrote:Why is that?

I'm fairly self-conscious and anxious around other people, usually ones I don't know well, and thus I hate drawing attention to myself in any way that isn't necessary.
Dom wrote:Do you ever feel depressed when you've agreed to go to a social event? If so, at what point does that feeling pass?
Sometimes. Generally I feel anxious rather than depressed, and that typically starts a few days before the event, peaks shortly beforehand, and goes down afterwards. I'm usually glad I went to a social event afterwards.
Dom wrote:Do you like mixing salty and sweet?

Not particularly.
Dom wrote:What is your favorite thing to eat at a restaurant?

I'll try most things, but I usually get pizza or a hamburger. If it's a nicer restaurant, steak, shrimp, or grilled salmon is good.
Dom wrote:Do you have cheap taste?

In most cases, I like higher quality things. Sometimes they can be found cheaply.
Dom wrote:What is the last item you bought that was not a necessity?

A pizza.
Dom wrote: What irritates you lately?
My procrastination and lack of getting into a good study routine.
Dom wrote:Do you think the world is a good or evil place, overall?

This is a good question. I think that the world is good, but corrupted. On the one hand, there are horrible acts of evil occurring all the time, but there are a lot of good people as well. I like this quote from A Wind in the Door,
There are still stars which move in ordered and beautiful rhythm. There are still people in this world who keep promises. Even little ones, like your cooking stew over your Bunsen burner. You may be in the middle of an experiment, but you still remember to feed your family. That’s enough to keep my heart optimistic, no matter how pessimistic my mind.
Dom wrote:What are your thoughts on God?
To be honest, I'm not entirely sure right now. I think that He exists and cares for me, but I still have a lot of questions.
Dom wrote:If the only drink you could have for an entire year was water, would you go crazy? What would you drink on day 366?
I've actually already done this. =p I mainly drink water anyway, so it wasn't that big of a deal. I do like drinking tea or soda occasionally and having egg nog for Christmas, so I think I had one of those things after the year was up.