Ask Tea Ess things

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!

Favorite penguin?

Reginald
33%
Reginald
67%

Total votes: 6

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

How do you feel about being nominated President of the SS by PF? :P
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I'm honoured. :yes: He made some very good decisions. And apparently he ships T.S. and TS.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Would you prefer that one of us changed our last names, or that I keep my maiden name so as to avoid confusion? ;)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

T.S. (myself) wrote:I'm honoured. :yes: He made some very good decisions. And apparently he ships T.S. and TS.
Yes. I ship it.

TSsquared. TS².

I SHIP IT!
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

*abolishes the debate nun monument*
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Eh, that's cool. It gets lonely in the convent. :P
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

T.S. JOINED THE HELIOS PARTY! \:D/

You're really awesome now. :mrgreen:

What topic do you know the most about?

What topic do you want to know more about?
xo eht haiasi-
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

TigerShadow wrote:Would you prefer that one of us changed our last names, or that I keep my maiden name so as to avoid confusion? ;)
:P We can use the periods to differentiate between the two.
Belle wrote:TSsquared. TS².
That actually works pretty well. :yes:
TigerShadow wrote:Eh, that's cool. It gets lonely in the convent. :P
xD
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What topic do you know the most about?

What topic do you want to know more about?
Probably mathematics, but I also know a fair amount about the Lord of the Rings.

I would like to know more about R, a programming/statistical computing language I have to use for one of my classes.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Do you like algebra? Do you have to do it in college? What makes it so hard? :(

Why do you know so much about the Lord of the Rings?

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Miss Friendship wrote:Do you like algebra? Do you have to do it in college? What makes it so hard? :(

Why do you know so much about the Lord of the Rings?
I do like algebra. I think it's hard because it requires more abstract thinking than we normally use. Mainly I use it as a tool in my classes along with other mathematics. There are some parts of my algebra classes that I use all the time, and others that I probably haven't used since high school.

I enjoy the Lord of the Rings because they have so much depth. Tolkien didn't set out wanting to write the books. Because he was a linguistics professor, he first invented languages of his own, and created history and backstory for them to evolve. Out of these legends, he developed Middle Earth, the setting for all of his works. Tolkien didn't just write the Lord of the Rings, he wrote an entire body of knowledge surrounding them, which evolved as he developed new ideas and perfected them. He died before they were published, but his son spent years going through all of his writings and compiling them into books.

Thus, after reading the books, you can get a completely different perspective on them by reading his other writings, which give a much fuller view of Middle Earth. That history is pretty difficult to get through, so you can pick up on something new about every time you read through part of it. In addition to reading, you can try to learn the languages he developed, or study the writing system he created to go along with them. I really don't know all that much about the Lord of the Rings compared to some people, but it's a series I can read through again and again without getting tired of it.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

*holds out mic*

So what are your thoughts on the recent outbreak of Helios trends, and how do you advise we handle this? There is a conspiracy going around (that started right now) that Helios has brainwashed SS citizens into giving her attention without themselves even realizing anything out of the norm has happened. Is this true?

Real Questions:

How cold does it typically get in the winter where you live?

Are you going to sign up on the ToO for Jeho's Bible contest?

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Miss Friendship wrote:*holds out mic*

So what are your thoughts on the recent outbreak of Helios trends, and how do you advise we handle this? There is a conspiracy going around (that started right now) that Helios has brainwashed SS citizens into giving her attention without themselves even realizing anything out of the norm has happened. Is this true?

Real Questions:

How cold does it typically get in the winter where you live?

Are you going to sign up on the ToO for Jeho's Bible contest?
It's certainly possible that Helios has brainwashed us all and taken over the SS. Even if we are brainwashed, though, I'm quite content with the way things are, so she much be doing a good job running everthing. :yes:

This winter has been pretty warm, but it has gotten into the single digits, I think. The wind makes it way worse, though. I think the coldest I've ever experienced here was slightly below 0.

Probably not. I don't want to sign up for something I'm not sure I can consistently participate in.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

If we had to adopt someone from the SS, who would you choose?
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Our children should probably be younger than us, so that narrows down our options a little. I definitely agree with your selection of Paula. Another good candidate would be Ox.

Belle, would you be mad at us if we adopted Rosy? =p
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

T.S. (myself) wrote:Another good candidate would be Ox
O.o HOLD ON. Ox is my twin. :mad: (Then again, we've been separated at birth for all of our lives, and he is an annoying brother. Go ahead. :P )

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

This is why the SS family tree never works. :x Okay, so we adopt Paula, Ox, and you? Who else are you and Ox related to?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

T.S. (myself) wrote:Who else are you and Ox related to?
Wakko is my biological dad, I guess that now means Ox's as well. :anxious: Penguin is my Uncle. So there may be some family issues to work through. Maybe it would work better to go with Rosy, instead of twins with complications. O.o

Also, do you want a daughter a year younger than the parents? :P

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

T.S. (myself) wrote: Belle, would you be mad at us if we adopted Rosy? =p
Yes. Very mad. :P

Is teal a better color than orange, or vice versa?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Hmm. With the SS family tree, sometimes you just have to avoid considering others' relations and just stick to your immediate family. I suppose we could adopt just Ox, and you could stay with Wakko as your father..? It gets complicated.
Miss Friendship wrote:Also, do you want a daughter a year younger than the parents?
We could make it work. :yes:
Belle wrote:
T.S. (myself) wrote: Belle, would you be mad at us if we adopted Rosy? =p
Yes. Very mad. :P

Is teal a better color than orange, or vice versa?
I thought so. :(

I wouldn't typically wear either color. Orange was my favorite color when I was younger, so I might have to go with it.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

T.S. (myself) wrote:I suppose we could adopt just Ox, and you could stay with Wakko as your father..? It gets complicated.
That sounds best. :yes: Especially since I get along with my father, and there's no telling how I would get along with my stepmother.

Ox does need parents, and looking after.