Ask Kait stuff!

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
sing
Raspberry Ripple

kait wrote:
sing wrote:What is your favorite thing to bake?

Do you prefer pop, or fruit juice?

Do you do any fiber arts? (sew, crochet, knit,embroider, cross stitch,weave etc.)
Probably brownies. I love brownies.

Pop! Although I don't drink a whole lot of either.

I can sew, crochet, knit and cross stitch although I don't do too much crafty stuff these days. Crocheting is what I do most often when I get the hankering. :)

YES!!!! Sorry, I'm in love with crocheting.....

Any who... Do you play any instruments?

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
kait
Cookies & Creme

sing wrote:
kait wrote:
sing wrote:What is your favorite thing to bake?

Do you prefer pop, or fruit juice?

Do you do any fiber arts? (sew, crochet, knit,embroider, cross stitch,weave etc.)
Probably brownies. I love brownies.

Pop! Although I don't drink a whole lot of either.

I can sew, crochet, knit and cross stitch although I don't do too much crafty stuff these days. Crocheting is what I do most often when I get the hankering. :)

YES!!!! Sorry, I'm in love with crocheting.....

Any who... Do you play any instruments?
I do! I can play the violin, piano and guitar. It has been quite a few years since I've played anything regularly although I am currently on the hunt for a guitar because I miss playing music desperately.
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I meant what do you think he is up to?
And yes he is my older brother.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
kait
Cookies & Creme

Blitz wrote:I meant what do you think he is up to?
And yes he is my older brother.
I have no idea what he would be up to. His Facebook page says he's in Amsterdam, though, so whatever he's doing, it sounds very adventurous and awesome.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What do you think about universal basic income? And if you are in favor how should it be implemented?

What do you think about self driving cars?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

Where is the great big place of your heart?
kait
Cookies & Creme

Eleventh Doctor wrote:What do you think about universal basic income? And if you are in favor how should it be implemented?
I am in favor of basic income, although I'm also amenable to the idea of guaranteed income instead. But from where I sit currently, basic income is my preference.

It would replace many of our current social security systems like welfare, disability, unemployment, etc, so that is one portion of how it would be funded. That and through various taxation measures on large corporations and the wealthy. Although I do think a fairly decent basic income could be achieved without raising taxes at all, but instead shifting many of our current costs associated with our social security systems and streamlining everything into a single program.
Eleventh Doctor wrote:What do you think about self driving cars?
I think self-driving cars are an excellent idea that scares a lot of people. I actually think it would eliminate a vast majority of car accidents, especially fatal ones. But the idea of not having control over something like your car is frightening to people although honestly machines would do a heck of a better job of driving us and avoiding accidents than we do.

We are a really long way off before self-driving cars become mainstream, though, and a VERY long way off before they become the prominent mode of transportation especially since I think our current infrastructure wouldn't really do a great job supporting primarily self-driving vehicles.
aragtaghooligan wrote:Where is the great big place of your heart?
I do not understand the question. :( And Google didn't help me.
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

I'll tell you what I mean after WD and Countess tell me what they think I mean. I don't want the truth to influence their interpretations :P
kait
Cookies & Creme

aragtaghooligan wrote:I'll tell you what I mean after WD and Countess tell me what they think I mean. I don't want the truth to influence their interpretations :P
Well I will give you a full answer at that point, then.

My initial interpretation was similar to that of WD's. But then I saw you said that was incorrect so then I was really confused. :P
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

Wait what was your innitial interpretation? I still don't quite know how WD interpreted it. Nothing is truly incorrect when open to interpretation :P
kait
Cookies & Creme

aragtaghooligan wrote:Wait what was your innitial interpretation? I still don't quite know how WD interpreted it. Nothing is truly incorrect when open to interpretation :P
I interpreted it as a question asking sort of where my heart is ... what I'm passionate about, what occupies "great big place" of my heart. That sorta thing.
aragtaghooligan
Fudge Marble

What I meant it to mean a physical location which holds your heart the most like the place you are most connected to. I like that interpretation too though. What are you most passionate about?
kait
Cookies & Creme

aragtaghooligan wrote:What I meant it to mean a physical location which holds your heart the most like the place you are most connected to.
Ahhhh. Well, then.
aragtaghooligan wrote:Where is the great big place of your heart?
There are two. Moscow, Idaho, where I went to college. And Seattle, Washington, where I plan to move as soon as I can.
aragtaghooligan wrote:What are you most passionate about?
I have a lot of passions. But most of them boil down to one common theme: social justice.
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

How do you come up with such good questions?

Why have you swear never to go to a church again?

What is something you wish you had done in high school?

What advice when you give your 18 year old self?
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

When you speak of social justice, are there any kinds of people in particular? Women/children/people that are neglected etc.

Do you have a smartphone? (Am I kidding myself, I am sure you do) :P What kind?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
kait
Cookies & Creme

NinjaThrowingStar wrote:How do you come up with such good questions?

Why have you swear never to go to a church again?

What is something you wish you had done in high school?

What advice when you give your 18 year old self?
I am a journalist. Asking good questions is what I do for a living. I have lots of practice. :D

Because I have a lot of really negative associations with church so going to church, hearing hymns, etc., gives me anxiety and panic attacks. I probably would be fine going to church on occasion (like visiting family or something) if it weren't for the anxiety.

I wish I had dedicated more time to learning my musical instruments.

I would tell her to be kind to herself. 18-year-old me wasn't very kind to herself.
Miss Friendship wrote:When you speak of social justice, are there any kinds of people in particular? Women/children/people that are neglected etc.

Do you have a smartphone? (Am I kidding myself, I am sure you do) :P What kind?
There are many marginalized communities in our country. Women, people of color, the LGBTQA community, poor people (who are often one or more of the aforementioned as well), among others.

I do! It is an iPhone 5s.
NinjaThrowingStar
Raspberry Ripple

Kait wrote: I am a journalist. Asking good questions is what I do for a living. I have lots of practice.
That's awesome!!! Do you enjoy your job? What do you dislike about it? What's your favorite thing about it?

Who inspired your amazing hair cut???

What are your views on Tattoos? Do you have any?
What is forever..? I shall see you again. Just after the mist has faded and time has stopped, over on the other side. Enjoy your journey and I'll enjoy mine.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

What social injustice would you fix first if you could?
Do you think colonization of America could have been done at a better time?
What would you change in history?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
kait
Cookies & Creme

NinjaThrowingStar wrote:
Kait wrote: I am a journalist. Asking good questions is what I do for a living. I have lots of practice.
That's awesome!!! Do you enjoy your job? What do you dislike about it? What's your favorite thing about it?

Who inspired your amazing hair cut???

What are your views on Tattoos? Do you have any?
I love my job! I dislike the pay. I make pretty much no money and it's frustrating. I will not be able to stay in the field forever, unfortunately. I love being able to meet new people, learn something new everyday and always have something different going on at work. Also I like knowing things.

This image I saw on Pinterest:
I love tattoos. I have six!
Blitz wrote:What social injustice would you fix first if you could?
Do you think colonization of America could have been done at a better time?
What would you change in history?
If I had to choose one to fix before anything else, it would be poverty.

I think the colonization of America should have been done at no time, lol. It's pretty horrible and entitled for a country to just come along and take land away from its indigenous people. It's wrong.

Well. It would be nice if there was no genocide, slavery, starvation or war in our history. :P Also I'd make sure Hitler got into art school. :P
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Do you visit the SS or ToO more? Which one do you like more?

Do you have a favorite number?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker