It is currently Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:00 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:51 pm 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:23 pm
Posts: 314
Location: Washington, USA
Gender: Female
Hello all,

I'm new to SS and what better way to figure out who I am than one of these threads!? I know, it's a great idea. *bows*

Some of you know me from the olden days of the ToO. Some of you know me from the ToO Chat. Some of you don't know me at all.

I'm an open book, so ask me whatever you'd like!

Ready ... and ... go!

_________________
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:52 pm 
Peach Cobbler
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:40 pm
Posts: 1275
Location: Avonlea
Gender: Female
If you could meet 5 people from the ToO chat IRL who would they be?

_________________
Image

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~


MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:54 pm 
Dulce de Leche
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:33 pm
Posts: 4695
Gender: None specified
If you could move to anywhere in the world for a year, all expenses paid, where would you go?

What do you want to be when you grow up?

_________________
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:11 pm 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:23 pm
Posts: 314
Location: Washington, USA
Gender: Female
Mandy wrote:
If you could meet 5 people from the ToO chat IRL who would they be?

Well I don't know the chatters who are on there now quite well enough to be able to pick. I would meet Eleventh Doctor because I know him a bit better. As to the other four, get back to me in a couple months. ;)

Eleventh Doctor wrote:
If you could move to anywhere in the world for a year, all expenses paid, where would you go?

Probably Finland or Sweden. Mostly because I want to know if it's really as awesome there as the progressive/socialist in me thinks it is. ;)

Eleventh Doctor wrote:
What do you want to be when you grow up?

The best version of me that I can be.

_________________
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:17 pm 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:39 pm
Posts: 607
Location: Narnia
Gender: Female
How old are you?

Do you like avocados?

_________________
Image


Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios


Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:21 pm 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:23 pm
Posts: 314
Location: Washington, USA
Gender: Female
sing wrote:
How old are you?

Do you like avocados?


I am 24. I'll be 25 next month (October! The best month of the year, FYI :D)

I LOVE avocados! I will eat them raw with a dash of garlic, salt and olive oil and it's basically one of my favorite things ever.

_________________
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:41 pm 
Dulce de Leche
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:33 pm
Posts: 4695
Gender: None specified
Favorite dish to make?

If you could have any job what job would you have?

If you were to write a book what would it be about?

_________________
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 4:35 pm 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:23 pm
Posts: 314
Location: Washington, USA
Gender: Female
Eleventh Doctor wrote:
Favorite dish to make?

If you could have any job what job would you have?

If you were to write a book what would it be about?


Hm. I like a lot of foods, honestly. But salmon and rice might be up there as a fav. It's never not delicious.

Any job? A political reporter for a national newspaper, probably. With some professorship stuff on the side.

If I were to write a book, it would probably be about women's issues/feminism and how it intersects with religion. Very broad, I know, but I haven't put too much thought into any specific topics just yet. But it would be in that realm I think.

_________________
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:03 pm 
Dulce de Leche
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:33 pm
Posts: 4695
Gender: None specified
How many kids do you want?

What made you change from a theist to an agnostic?

_________________
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 5:07 pm 
Peach Cobbler
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:40 pm
Posts: 1275
Location: Avonlea
Gender: Female
If you like avacados, do you like guacamole? Do you like spanish foods?

I'll give you the question you gave me... If you could describe yourself in 5 words, what would you say?

_________________
Image

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~


MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:42 pm 
Peach Cobbler
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:29 pm
Posts: 1410
Location: Procrastinating, to be sure
Gender: Female
After you watch a musical do you get the songs stuck in your head?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:19 pm 
Moose Tracks
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:39 pm
Posts: 3787
Gender: None specified
Do you remember Marvin D?
Have you talked to him lately if you do?
Do you like plays?

_________________
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:22 pm 
Peach Cobbler
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:29 pm
Posts: 1410
Location: Procrastinating, to be sure
Gender: Female
Ever listened to your favorite song so many times that you started to dislike it?


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:34 pm 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:23 pm
Posts: 314
Location: Washington, USA
Gender: Female
Eleventh Doctor wrote:
How many kids do you want?

What made you change from a theist to an agnostic?

One! For now, anyway. If we ever decide to have more, they will be adopted. And that will be quite a ways down the road.

It was really just a lack of evidence for the existence of a god. Specifically, I took a Psychology of Religion class and learned a lot about how our minds influence "religious" experiences. So some of the evidences I had been holding on to, which basically amounted to personal experiences I'd felt I'd had with higher being, were sorta debunked. At that point in my life, the existence of a god had little bearing on how I lived my life and I just decided that until some concrete evidence popped up to the contrary, I would let go of my belief in God.

Mandy wrote:
If you like avacados, do you like guacamole? Do you like spanish foods?

I'll give you the question you gave me... If you could describe yourself in 5 words, what would you say?

I do like guacamole! And I like the Americanized versions of Spanish foods that I've eaten thus far in my life.

Passionate, intelligent, headstrong, empathetic, loyal.

Emma wrote:
After you watch a musical do you get the songs stuck in your head?

I do! Every time. :x

Blitz wrote:
Do you remember Marvin D?
Have you talked to him lately if you do?
Do you like plays?

I do.
I have not.
I do! I don't get the chance to see them much these days but I do love plays.

Emma wrote:
Ever listened to your favorite song so many times that you started to dislike it?

I've listened to fav songs enough times that I get sorta tired of listening to them. But not so much I dislike them.

_________________
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:25 pm 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:44 pm
Posts: 520
Location: Riding a pig.
Gender: Male
Did you make your signature?

_________________
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 2:33 pm 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:23 pm
Posts: 314
Location: Washington, USA
Gender: Female
Gaberk wrote:
Did you make your signature?

I did not. I stole it from the interwebz because I'm lazy. :(

_________________
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 6:49 pm 
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:58 pm
Posts: 4818
Location: Somewhere beyond you
Gender: Female
kait wrote:
At that point in my life, the existence of a god had little bearing on how I lived my life and I just decided that until some concrete evidence popped up to the contrary, I would let go of my belief in God.

I have proof that there is a God. :D

So, what's the reason why you left Christianity?

_________________
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:10 pm 
Moose Tracks
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:39 pm
Posts: 3787
Gender: None specified
That is the reason....
Do you miss anything about being in Christianity?
Do you still hold mostly to the morality of Christianity?

_________________
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:25 pm 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:23 pm
Posts: 314
Location: Washington, USA
Gender: Female
Miss Friendship wrote:
kait wrote:
At that point in my life, the existence of a god had little bearing on how I lived my life and I just decided that until some concrete evidence popped up to the contrary, I would let go of my belief in God.

I have proof that there is a God. :D

So, what's the reason why you left Christianity?


Well fell free to share it. ;) Some of the best theological minds in the world haven't done much to convince me, though, so fair warning. :P

Well my journey away from Christianity was a very long one (like five years). There wasn't one single thing that caused me to leave, although there was a precipitating event that initially spurred me to begin questioning what I believed.

To keep a very long story short, my family was excommunicated from our faith community at the time (for a lot of reasons, but the primary one being my parents were questioning some of the doctrine) which understandably rocked all of our faiths. That was sort of the initial thing that really made me start taking a hard look at everything I wholeheartedly believed. It wasn't until about 3 year later, though, that I went from "Christian" to "theist" and another two that I went from "theist" to "agnostic atheist" which is where I am now. So it definitely wasn't an overnight thing by any means.

Blitz wrote:
That is the reason....
Do you miss anything about being in Christianity?
Do you still hold mostly to the morality of Christianity?

I really miss the community aspect of Christianity, especially since it's kind of built in. I feel like the church does a good job of taking care of its own for the most part. Like, if someone in our community had a surgery, they had freezer meals for a month afterward. If someone had a baby, the church made a quilt and the new parents didn't lack for support.

After leaving the church and Christianity I realized I really have to make my own community and that is really hard, especially if you're like me and haven't lived in one place long enough to really put down roots and build up a support system. So I really do miss that.

As to your second question, it really depends on what you mean by the "morality" of Christianity. Feel free to expand or ask specifics if you'd like.

I hold to some basic principles Christianity has, such as treating others the way I'd like to be treated. I believe in showing compassion and love to humans first and foremost. I especially believe in supporting the marginalized, uplifting their voices and fighting for their right to be treated equitably. I think as a whole, Christianity tries to uphold some of those morals although I also think it fails spectacularly a lot of the time and people have a tendency to put doctrine before their fellow humans.

Although my moral framework isn't based on the Bible or doctrine or anything like that. I suppose it could be loosely described as secular humanism if you want a label. :P

_________________
The resident (half) gay atheist feminist heathen.
Ask me a thing or find me on Instagram.
"I'm not often in guys restrooms." –Belle


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ask Kait stuff!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:30 pm 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:39 pm
Posts: 607
Location: Narnia
Gender: Female
Favorite YouTube channel?

Are your parents still Christians? (If you don't mind me asking)

_________________
Image


Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios


Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 273 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net